Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 7:06:16 PM EDT
For those not on the mailing list...

The YRL USPSA Pistol & 3-Gun match will be held this Sunday, December 18th, at the Whisperin Longtree Range.  Sign in will be at 9:00 with the match starting at 9:30.  

The approximate round counts:

Pistol only ---120 plus
Pistol stages and pistol transition add 45 more rounds  plus
Rifle--35 rounds plus
Shotgun- 40 shot shells and possibly 5 slugs

There are 5 pistol only stages.
One shotgun only stage.
One rifle only stage.
Three transition stages

We have had more inquiry as to what may be shot in this match.  For those of you who are "old hands" at this--you're through reading this email.
For others--
You can shoot Pistol only and just shoot the 5 pistol stages
You can shoot Pistol and Shotgun and shoot the stages which include only these firearms
You can shoot Pistol and Rifle and shoot the stages which include only these firearms
You can shoot Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun and shoot ALL the stages....

Link to YRL page with directions to range
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, kind of pistol-heavy, but still a lot of fun. What I like is that there are opportunites to transition from one gun to another, which isn't all that common at the club level (though that's changing).
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
if it werent such a pistol match, i would go,  but i shoot 3 pistol matches here a week,  35rds of rifle isnt worth going all that way this time of year.  Sorry Greg

Ive been wondering, where can you shoot pistol matches out here? And where can I get more info?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the land of plenty....

Rio Salado

Cactus Match League

Scottsdale Gun Club

Phoenix Rod and Gun club

These are the practical pistol (USPSA/IPSC) clubs in Phoenix that I can think of off the top of my head. There are more in Tucson, Prescott, Yuma, and Show Low (among others). If you want to do other types of pistol matches (bullseye, UIT, etc), most of those clubs have divisions for that , or links to other clubs that do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top