Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 12:54:46 PM EDT
Hello all, i just came down here for the first time to train at Huachuca, and frankly the acceptance of the sport of shooting black rifles is a welcome change to WI. I just wanted to say high and I was wondering if there were any nearby ranges or people instested in shooting or what have you. The on Post range is fun, but usually all but deserted. I only handgun shoot right now, but im looking into my first sporting rifle purchase. Nice to meet you all and you have a lovely state.

EDIT: First time ive ever seen mountains as well, and man is it a sight in the morning.

-Pvt Rogers
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of us live well north of your location, there are a few in your area though.
You'd probably have to hook up with the guys that live in Tucson for a get together.
Welcome to AZ, this is the time of year to be here.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:05:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Pvt. Rogers,
  Welcome to Arizona. My wife and I movied here last year from NYC and we love it. We're up in the Phoenix area, we live in the burbs to the west of town. This is a great place if you like the outdoors. You can go off roading and camping and have a day at the range without going to far. I picked up my 1st AR about 2 months ago and I try to get out every weekend to go shooting. My wife love to drop a few mags out of the AR so his and hers arent to far out. Drop a line if you ever make the drive up noth to Phoenix. Ben Avery is the BEST range that i have been to and at 5bucks for the day you cant bet it!!!!!
Brian
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can make up to Ben Avery in north Phoenix, I would be more than happy to go shooting with you.  I train quite a bit at Ben Avery with a group of folks on the weekends.  IM me if you get up this way, I would be happy to show around Avery.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in Sierra Vista and we have great shooting here.  Go down Fry to Trailboss and meet Mike Benton, he is the former NCOIC of the Ft Marksmanship unit.  Got on 90 to Bisbee and about 15 miles out on the right side of the road you will come to a large NRA range.  Most of the rangemasters are retired military.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:47:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't live near Fort Huachuca but go there fairly often, and deer hunt there every year.  Enjoy the hiking and outdoor opportunities on post, there are some pretty neat things to see.  I've spent many enjoyable days out in the hills there.  Now you've got me wanting to ditch work and head there for the weekend.....
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Pvt Rogers!

I graduated Fort WEGOTCHA in 2004.
What training are you getting?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#7]
There are a few local fun pistol matches in the Ft. Huachuca area.  The 3rd Sunday of every month the Douglas Gun Club holds a pistol match.  The 4th Sunday of every month is the Sierra Vista match.  Both matches are very informal and ran by great guys.  I don't shoot much in Tucson but there are some good matches up there too.  

I work par time at Trail Boss and can usually be found on Sat.  so if you are interested in shooting some matches ot just plinking come in and ask for the "Fat Kid".
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#8]
www.tucsonrifleclub.org/HP_Intro.shtml

Welcome Pvt Rogers to Arizona. The link above is for the range West of Tucson. Come on out for a Match if you can.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm up in Tucson. At the Pima Pistol Club there are matches every Sunday that start at 9:00am. Come on up and shoot, we would love to have you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Ft H is full of shooters and good folks.  Stop by Trailboss right outside the post on Fry.  I got a pretty good deal on a Kimber there and the service was top notch.  

-Luke
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top