Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2005 2:04:59 PM EDT
Hi everyone,

I live in Miami, Fl and a while back i took interest in high powered airguns, mainly the pre-charge type from Europe. After many months of research I decided to buy one. I wanted to buy a really good one and chose a silenced .22pellet model made by a company in England. Apparently the only US dealers that i could find are located in Gilbert, Arizona.  Well I got a hold of them and I spoke to one of the employees over the phone until we figured out exactly what would be the best for my situation, the guy i spoke to was extremely helpful and actually seemed to be a nice guy. Here's where things turned. I faxed him my order and a copy of the check agreeing that once he saw the check and ran the numbers he'd be able to build the gun and package and send it to me the day my check would arrive by mail. To my amazement a week later i still hadn't received an e-mail with a tracking number. I called to see if they could tell me what the hold-up was and instead got a snappy and actually rude guy telling me to sit and wait that they still hadn't received the check...... I chose to call back three days later and after 5 unanswered calls i began to wonder what was going to happen to my money! I called again the next day about three times before someone finally answered, the man was again very rude so i asked to talk to the man that i spoke to initially and was given the run-around.  Now i'm losing my patience and the airgun isn't looking so desirable. i finally got a hold of the guy i spoke to when i ordered the gun and he said they've had the check for several days and that the gun has been ready to ship for a while but they had to deposit the check, I very corteously asked him to get the ball rolling on this deal and he assured me that they were working on it.......Two days later i'm still waiting.. I was hoping someone might have done business with them and could tell me what type of people they are or could give me some advice on what to do next??  Last i checked when your paying alot of money for something it's only correct to to be responsible or atleast corteous. As of right now, I'll never do business with these people again much less recomend them to anyone..

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:59:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, it's been a couple more days and yet no-one answers the phone or cashes my check.. I'm getting pretty antsy over here. Soon enough if no-one convinces me otherwise i'm going to put a stop payment on the check!

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#2]
stop payment and be done.  At least thats what i'd do.  Any how i've never dealt with these people but i live in the area.  I'd much rather have a real gun as opposed to an airgun.  Spent to much time with them as a kid need the real deal now :D.  A big bang for a big guy kinda thing. lol
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have done business with them as a walk in customer. I was treated well and am happy with my purchase.
Sorry to hear you are getting the run around.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Last time I was there, approx 3-4 years ago, it was run in conjunction with an auto shop of some sort.  Give me til the end of this week and work should take me to a customer in their direction.  I'd be happy to check on it for you.

IM or email me your name, number, and what you ordered.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:05:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Spork,

I just got a hold of them, they said that it would be shipping tomorrow or wednesday. I asked how come they never pickup there phones, and they said something along the lines of being to busy with the business. I highly doubt you can run a business like that without picking up phones or answering emails..they have until wednesday..then my patience will run totally dry!

TIA -223
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:27:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi again,

I  got news of my air-rifle, it's finally shipping and will be here today. For what it's worth, Steve and Greg out of A O A are some of the nicest people i've dealt with, but sadly the other guy that works for them is a sorry sack of shit and has been literally one of the worst people to do business with. I'd just like to say that this whole misunderstanding occured because of his laziness and lack of tactful sensibility. I'm taking the time to write this and possibly annoy you guys because i can't even begin to explain the total perspective of the situation and bullshit i've had to deal with for these past two weeks. Hopefully your online sales and purchases whether AR's or other weapons don't turn out like my experience.

Thanks y'all and sorry for the rant   -223
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have done business with them as a walk in customer. I was treated well and am happy with my purchase.
Sorry to hear you are getting the run around.

Same here.  Sorry to hear your experience sucked.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#8]
So you have recived your gun?

I can stop by if needed.

I am in a pissed  pissed off mood.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope the gun works out for you. I bought a Russian pistol from Greg last week (walked in) and he was nice as can be. I would do business with them again.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Finally got my gun today. It is amazing, I got a BSA superten carbine. Well worth the hassle and wait and especially the money. Thank you all again for the help. I'm going out hunting tomorrow so if my hawk doesn't catch too many rabbits then i'll be shooting with the airgun. I'll post pics as soon as i can for all that are interested..

thanks again- Marcel/223
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top