Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 6:00:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
does anyone here open carry with a drop leg holster rig.

I bought one... but I have yet to use it.

Would I look like a total idiot open carrying with this holster?

Pretty much.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

... if my kid's there with me in a public and populated retail store and I don't know the cowboy walking around with a gun.... I don't want to be around you.  

... It's Arizona bro. Every "cowboy" (and ever other unassuming individual) here walks around with a gun 24/7 - most likely around your kids too.

... So it boils down to your perception. You're nervous about the 1911 you see but not the one you don't right?
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much.  

As long as he has his "tactical" vest on too, he'd be good to go!  
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I am WAY more worried about the Gand Bangers and Illegals in the area of this Wal-Mart that ILLEGALLY Carry a Firearm under their shirt and have NO Firearm Training and don't care who they Kill!!! I have had a group of Gang Banger looking people in the parking lot of the same store demand money from me and when they saw I had a firearm they decided it was not a good idea to push the issue and left. Am I painting a big target on my back by choosing to open carry? Maybe... I am Big like I said. I am 6'5" tall 350+ pounds with a shaved head and long biker moustache. If I where a bad guy and doing something wrong I would shoot me if I had a firearm or not just because I look like I could cause them trouble! Bottom line is that this is Arizona. I believe that Everyone has a Big Target painted on them. Only difference is that I carry a Firearm and am ready to defend myself or someone who is unable to protect themself.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#5]
UPDATE!!!! I just spoke with the District Manager of the Wal-Mart I went to yesterday! He stated that Wal-Mart has No Firearm Policy and I am allowed to Open Carry in the store! He also stated that I will have NO Problems in this store in the future! I will still look at getting my CCW After Aug 11th but until then I will Open Carry. Victory is Sweet!
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I may be wrong, but in saying that he just gave you permission to carry concealed on the premesis...even if you have no permit.  It is my understanding that the owner/operator of any private business or private property can give you permission to carry concealed on their property.

Quoted:
Russ is 100% correct in this. If the property/business - manager/owner gives you permission on private property to carry, you may conceal it without worry. It would be better if that permission were in writing, but if it is concealed, it should never become an issue.

Uh guys ... don't mean to be a wet blanket (again), but does someone want to tell me where it says this in the ARS?

ARS 13-3102 defines "misconduct with a weapon". Subsection A reads, in part ...

"A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by knowingly:

1. Carrying a deadly weapon without a permit pursuant to section 13-3112 except a pocket knife concealed on his person; or

2. Carrying a deadly weapon without a permit pursuant to section 13-3112 concealed within immediate control of any person in or on a means of transportation; or ..."

Subsection B discusses the "business exemption" ...

"B. Subsection A, paragraph 1 of this section shall not apply to a person in his dwelling, on his business premises or on real property owned or leased by that person."

Please note that it says "his business premises". Doesn't say anything about anyone else, or giving anyone else permission. There is a bit in the liquor laws about bar owners being able to allow their employees to be armed, perhaps that is the source of the confusion?

Now granted, it is always possible that there is case law that allows this, but I have never heard of any, and given the left leaning nature of the judiciary in this state, I have my doubts. But I certainly stand ready to be educated ...

In the meantime, please don't get ready to commit a Class 1 misdemeanor (max. 6 months, $2500 fine) based on something you heard on the Internet ...
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
UPDATE!!!! I just spoke with the District Manager of the Wal-Mart I went to yesterday! He stated that Wal-Mart has No Firearm Policy and I am allowed to Open Carry in the store! He also stated that I will have NO Problems in this store in the future! I will still look at getting my CCW After Aug 11th but until then I will Open Carry. Victory is Sweet!

Congrats, glad to hear it! Action is always the best way to deal with this sort of thing. At worst, you'll know where you stand. At best, you win. And you did.

A victory for scruffy biker looking guys everywhere! (from someone who knows ... )
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 8:50:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
went looking for trouble and you found it!  sweet!

What's your problem?

No problems here friend.  Didn't realize I was in the AZ forum till after the fact.  However, now that I'm here, in a place like WalMart....whether it's in downtown Tombstone or not....is a very public place.  If I walk in there with my daughter, and some guy who I don't know from a hole in the wall is walking around with a handgun on his hip, I'm probably gonna tap my CCW to be sure it's there and walk my daughter down a different aisle or out of the store.  If it were just me I'd probably walk up and say "Nice Piece" but if my kid's there with me in a public and populated retail store and I don't know the cowboy walking around with a gun.... I don't want to be around you.  Furthermore, if I ran a retail store and someone greeted my 122 year old welcome lady at the door wearing a firearm, I'd probably be watching you too.  Liberal?  Nah....concerned that some total stranger could really ruin the atmosphere?  Yeah.

Carrying a firearm is a good thing.  Walking around like John Wayne is a good thing too, in the right venue.  Today's world doesn't call for that, right wrong or indifferent.  What did you think would happen walking into a place like WalFart with a gun on your hip?  You went looking for trouble and you apparantly found it.

Sweet.

"Attention customers, gunfight in aisle 15, also, 15% of in housewares!"

I'll leave the thread now, latah.  I'll stick to my world up in the far Northeast.

Who needs daytime TV when you have the AZ forum

J/K...all good.  Everyone take a deep breath while I back outta here.

Uhhhhh, yea, sure........you clicked hometowns, then Arizona and then this thread all by accident.  

But hey, we get a lot of outsiders coming here to stir the pot, so don't feel too bad.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Good job man!  I open carry since like you I don’t have a ccw, but have yet to ever have a problem.  Its our right to open carry (unless posted otherwise) and its nice to hear stories about "victories"

I say we have a meeting nearby and all go there open carrying
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much.  

I have a friend that carries that way.  I don’t think it makes you look like an idiot but that’s just my opinion
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn NeverEnoughFirePower 3 pages in HTF.
Your not allowed to open carry at WallyWorld
any more and post about it.
You got everyone's undie's in a bunch...
Undies... that were probably bought at Wal-Mart
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

So if I gather correctly...
* Wal-Mart has a No Firearm Policy
* Except for yours

Did I read it right?
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much.  

I have a friend that carries that way.  I don’t think it makes you look like an idiot but that’s just my opinion

It wouldn't make you look like an idiot if you were wearing tac gear and had a rifle slung across your chest.

But you might get some looks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
went looking for trouble and you found it!  sweet!

What's your problem?

No problems here friend.  Didn't realize I was in the AZ forum till after the fact.  However, now that I'm here, in a place like WalMart....whether it's in downtown Tombstone or not....is a very public place.  If I walk in there with my daughter, and some guy who I don't know from a hole in the wall is walking around with a handgun on his hip, I'm probably gonna tap my CCW to be sure it's there and walk my daughter down a different aisle or out of the store.  If it were just me I'd probably walk up and say "Nice Piece" but if my kid's there with me in a public and populated retail store and I don't know the cowboy walking around with a gun.... I don't want to be around you.  Furthermore, if I ran a retail store and someone greeted my 122 year old welcome lady at the door wearing a firearm, I'd probably be watching you too.  Liberal?  Nah....concerned that some total stranger could really ruin the atmosphere?  Yeah.

Carrying a firearm is a good thing.  Walking around like John Wayne is a good thing too, in the right venue.  Today's world doesn't call for that, right wrong or indifferent.  What did you think would happen walking into a place like WalFart with a gun on your hip?  You went looking for trouble and you apparantly found it.

Sweet.

"Attention customers, gunfight in aisle 15, also, 15% of in housewares!"

I'll leave the thread now, latah.  I'll stick to my world up in the far Northeast.

Who needs daytime TV when you have the AZ forum

J/K...all good.  Everyone take a deep breath while I back outta here.

thank you for the excellent example of why many of us dislike people moving here.  they see a person open carry and freak out, calling the police and giving more ammunition to those who wish to infringe upon our rights to keep and bear arms.

but what do I know?  I'm just a whiney resident of Arizona
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#17]
I am so tired of having to concealed carry here in Texas and sweat all over my piece in the summer swelter. I wish they would pass an open carry law here. It makes so much more sense.

Link Posted: 7/6/2005 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if I gather correctly...
* Wal-Mart has a No Firearm Policy
* Except for yours

Did I read it right?

their policy is they have no policy, beyond what local laws allow.

Ah, ok.

Link Posted: 7/6/2005 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes, That is Correct.

Walmart has No gun policy meaning that their policy is not to have a policy about firearms in the store.

They do not have any policies pertaining to the carrying or not carrying of firearms in the store.

Everyone is allowed to Open Carry in their store due to the lack of any polices forbiding it.

Hope this helps.....
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a buddy who is an AZ DPS officer. He tells me that he gets all kinds of complaints about open carry from out-of-staters.
They tell him that it scares them to see people openly carrying a weapon and that he should do something about it. His reply is always, "What is the crime rate like in your state?"

I say,Welcome to Arizona, now go home!
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I am WAY more worried about the Gand Bangers and Illegals in the area of this Wal-Mart that ILLEGALLY Carry a Firearm under their shirt and have NO Firearm Training and don't care who they Kill!!! I have had a group of Gang Banger looking people in the parking lot of the same store demand money from me and when they saw I had a firearm they decided it was not a good idea to push the issue and left. Am I painting a big target on my back by choosing to open carry? Maybe... I am Big like I said. I am 6'5" tall 350+ pounds with a shaved head and long biker moustache. If I where a bad guy and doing something wrong I would shoot me if I had a firearm or not just because I look like I could cause them trouble! Bottom line is that this is Arizona. I believe that Everyone has a Big Target painted on them. Only difference is that I carry a Firearm and am ready to defend myself or someone who is unable to protect themself.

Damn NeverEnough
Armed or not anyone who would mess with someone of your stature needs to have his head examined!
Good job on setting the local Wally world straight, I look forward to joining the free state of Arizona and open carry in the near future and remember the old saying - use it or loose it.

Rich V
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Holkie please don't ever move out to AZ and attempt to change our so called 'cowboy' life. Stay back east where you obviously like to suck on your thumb and whine about the children seeing scary guns on patrons in stores while you put your mind at ease patting your CCW. Try instead teaching your child to look for threats, mention tactics and methods of evasion.
Open carry is a way of life here, and if you want to look down on it, turn around because there is someone looking down on you for concealed carry.

It's like the old bumper sticker "Welcom to AZ, now leave"
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Hokie,
As a new Arizonian, (get over it, I'm not leaving) it seemed a little odd to see hardwear open carried.  BUT, I quickly got over my Massachusetts programing and all I say is, "Shit yeah, this is the Great State of Arizona!"  

Sorta' like bulldozer contract enforcemnet, if ya' know what I mean,
Mike
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I may be wrong, but in saying that he just gave you permission to carry concealed on the premesis...even if you have no permit.  It is my understanding that the owner/operator of any private business or private property can give you permission to carry concealed on their property.

Quoted:
Russ is 100% correct in this. If the property/business - manager/owner gives you permission on private property to carry, you may conceal it without worry. It would be better if that permission were in writing, but if it is concealed, it should never become an issue.

Uh guys ... don't mean to be a wet blanket (again), but does someone want to tell me where it says this in the ARS?

ARS 13-3102 defines "misconduct with a weapon". Subsection A reads, in part ...

"A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by knowingly:

1. Carrying a deadly weapon without a permit pursuant to section 13-3112 except a pocket knife concealed on his person; or

2. Carrying a deadly weapon without a permit pursuant to section 13-3112 concealed within immediate control of any person in or on a means of transportation; or ..."

Subsection B discusses the "business exemption" ...

"B. Subsection A, paragraph 1 of this section shall not apply to a person in his dwelling, on his business premises or on real property owned or leased by that person."

Please note that it says "his business premises". Doesn't say anything about anyone else, or giving anyone else permission. There is a bit in the liquor laws about bar owners being able to allow their employees to be armed, perhaps that is the source of the confusion?

Now granted, it is always possible that there is case law that allows this, but I have never heard of any, and given the left leaning nature of the judiciary in this state, I have my doubts. But I certainly stand ready to be educated ...

In the meantime, please don't get ready to commit a Class 1 misdemeanor (max. 6 months, $2500 fine) based on something you heard on the Internet ...

Class 3 misdemeanor.  Check your books.

Soon, the CCW course will only be 8 hours.  Take the frickin' time and get it.  No-one needs to know when you carry, it is better that way.  When some vagrant or criminal approaches you, it is the 'interview' phase of criminal activity.  They want to see if you are a willing victim.  When you loudly say "get away from me now", the look in your eye is somehow different when a gun is carefully hidden in a belly band.  I have seen this several times.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IN THE SUMMER MONTHS WHEN IT'S 115 DEGREES, THERE IS OFTEN NO SUITABLE MEANS TO CONCEAL A FIREARM THAT IS NOT AS OBVIOUS AS OPEN CARRYING.

I'm not an AZ resident, so I have no dog in this fight, but that just plain isn't true.  I carry a fullsize 1911 and spare mag under a t-shirt whenever I legally may.  I'm 6'-1" and 175lbs, so if I can do it anyone can.

And you can do so without it printing whatsoever or becoming exposed in the course of your daily activities?

Yup.  I got two words & a roman numeral for ya
Versa
Max
II

I've had fellow shooters jaws drop when they accuse me of not carrying and I show them that I am.

In his defense....its hard to see (or not see ) from this angle, but I have on a fullsize 1911, 2 spare mags, Surefire, Emerson knife, and cell phone. All day long at a large FL theme park, during the summer with a t-shirt and shorts. Nothing more.  I've carried  a 1911, Glock 21, H&K USP 45, and others year round here with no problem everyday for 11 years. Never been made, or if I have, its never been brought to my attention. Everyone is different, but I have no problem hiding a fullsize handgun.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Hawkeye1/mesethshawn1.jpg

All that gear is well hidden.  Are you using the "Keister" carry?
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
went looking for trouble and you found it!  sweet!hinking.gif

What's your problem?

Carrying a firearm is a good thing.  Walking around like John Wayne is a good thing too, in the right venue.  Today's world doesn't call for that, right wrong or indifferent.  What did you think would happen walking into a place like WalFart with a gun on your hip?ht

Who needs daytime TV when you have the AZ forumh

So you are afraid of people who open-carry. Why? If someone is going to have a "gunfight in aisle 15" I'm betting they're not carrying openly beforehand. (Unless it's in self-defense, then the method of carry ceases to be relevant.)

Anyway, I'm much more afraid of a gun/knife/other weapon that I DON'T see. If I see a person carrying their handgun openly I assume they are the good guy, as common sense dictates that criminals hide their illegal activities so they don't get caught (as fast anyway.) Fear of someone carrying openly is a typical liberal mindset. hout
Yes, please stick to the northeast -- we have far too many people here with a lack of common sense and respect for our rights as is.

Link Posted: 7/6/2005 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Congratulations -- you kept a cool head, did the right thing, used the correct system and it worked! It's a personal victory for you and a great example for everyone else.

"An Arizona where open-carry is discouraged is NOT the Arizona I was born in and have grown up in."

Link Posted: 7/6/2005 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't worry ladies, I have no intention of moving out to your sandbox.  Way too tough out there for me!
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Don't worry ladies, I have no intention of moving out to your sandbox.  Way too tough out there for me!

I open carry sometimes, mostly ccw though.

I always open carry when I'm collecting animal skulls out in the desert to decorate my house with though....want some for hanging on your house out there in ME?

Some asshat dumped a dead horse out there a few weeks ago....while I don't really respect that, I will enjoy the skull I just picked up.

har!

Lets see...javelina, coyote, horse, fox... I'm running out of things, I'll have to start doubling up.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

... Sandbox? Dang bro, where's the love?
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I open carry sometimes, mostly ccw though.

I always open carry when I'm collecting animal skulls out in the desert to decorate my house with though....want some for hanging on your house out there in ME?

Some asshat dumped a dead horse out there a few weeks ago....while I don't really respect that, I will enjoy the skull I just picked up.

har!

Lets see...javelina, coyote, horse, fox... I'm running out of things, I'll have to start doubling up.

I used to have a collection of dog skulls that I collected when the pound started charging to take in animals.  One time found 2 German Shepard’s and a golden lab all with bullets in the head about half way decomposed.  Actually smelled them before I found them and boy was that pleasant.  Coyotes dragged off most of the animals though I did locate a few skulls but accidentally left them behind when I moved.  Wonder what the new owners thought of the dog skulls
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Please pardon my lack of knowledge about state gun laws.

I had no idea you can open carry in AZ without any license, but you need a CCW permit to carry concealed.

YEP.......same here in North Carolina!!!  NC & AZ are the only 2 states to still allow open carry. I do it in Walmart too............(if I HAVE to go). Walmart Still SUCKs a big one!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good luck to you and keep up the fight when you can. You made your point - now untuck that shirt and go get your China goods and try not to get into a gun fight.

The only thing walmart has worth buying is ammo...still made in the USA.  Looking at all the cointry of origin labels there is a sure way to get pissed off...

I need to just order ammo in...

Nope.....Winchester white box is loaded in Czech Replublic and Israel...........read the boxes!! Why do you think it is cheaper too..............cheap shit!!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Holkie please don't ever move out to AZ and attempt to change our so called 'cowboy' life. Stay back east where you obviously like to suck on your thumb and whine about the children seeing scary guns on patrons in stores while you put your mind at ease patting your CCW. Try instead teaching your child to look for threats, mention tactics and methods of evasion.
Open carry is a way of life here, and if you want to look down on it, turn around because there is someone looking down on you for concealed carry.

It's like the old bumper sticker "Welcom to AZ, now leave"

+1 Billion

Well, there you have it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

F'ing Troll!
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Walmart denied me buying whiteout because I am not 18.

I am not old enough for school supplies, I suppose.
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 12:47:55 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

WTF do they think you're going to do with white out, smoke it?
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 5:15:23 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF do they think you're going to do with white out, smoke it?

People "huff" it.

www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs07/708/
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 5:56:59 AM EDT
[#42]
I know NEFP and yes, he is quite intimidating.  But this is a clear case of discrimination.  They saw a big guy with tattoos and a gun.  They freaked.  And it's a shame, because Robert is one of the nicest people a guy could ever know.  He's harmless, but only because he chooses to be that way - he could beat up a Jeep if he put his mind to it.

We are all guilty of this in a manner.  The first time HDWizard came to my house I was shocked.  He didn't fit my preconceived notion of what a lawmaker looks like - looked more like a biker than anything.  I even told him so.

And this is the lesson for all of us.  Both he and NEFP are well mannered, polite, respectful, and intelligent.  They are both law-abiding citizens who would brighten your day with any myriad of talents they possess, but alas...  They be scary lookin!  Oh me, oh my, what ever shall I do?

It is a shame that the redundancy of streotypical labeling has such a hold on the general public.  Gangbangers don't open carry.  Criminals don't open carry.  But those of us that DO open carry are scrutinized and referred to by some (VAHokie, you paying attention?) as "cowboys."  Right.  And if you shoot competition I suppose that makes you a mall ninja?  Or if you carry concealed it means you must have something to hide?  Or if you have a beautiful wife younger than you then you must be insecure and trying to compensate?  Or a fanatic if you enjoy class III?  An alcoholic if you have a beer?

C'mon, people, get a fucking grip.  We are not always the people one thinks.  This is a blatant case of discrimination - of people who carry, people who are big, people with tats, etc.  

Robert, I am glad you won this battle.  Score one for the really good guy(s).  
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 5:59:33 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much.  

Think of it as being the dork factor... If you're wearing a drop holster while wearing sandals, cutoffs, a wife beater, and a freshly trimmed mullet, I'll just snicker when I see you while thinking "wannabe dork".

However, if you do it up right with all the correct uber-tactical garb, well, hey, knock yourself out. It's all about presentation.

BTW, I'm just yanking your chain. Carry in whatever manner you feel works for you.
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 6:07:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Shoot! I wonder what they would say about me if they were scared of NEFP....I am 6ft/330lbs and BLACK! They might have called SWAT on me! UMMM....UHHH..we have a large Negro on Aisle 12...seems like he might be ready to perpertrate a robbery! But man do I enjoy the looks I get when my USP .45 and I go for an evening stroll.
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Shoot! I wonder what they would say about me if they were scared of NEFP....I am 6ft/330lbs and BLACK! They might have called SWAT on me! UMMM....UHHH..we have a large Negro on Aisle 12...seems like he might be ready to perpertrate a robbery! But man do I enjoy the looks I get when my USP .45 and I go for an evening stroll.

Dude, I'd pay to see the reactions!  C'mon, man, we have GOT to organize an open carry get together!  Of course, I have to stand in front, lest you completely hide my scrawny ass (5' 11" and all of 140 soaking wet with a brick in my britches).  But my left arm is sleeved, so between me, you, and NEFP, we'd have the friggen National Guard down there questioning our terrorist affiliation!

You should try to come to the Tue poker game at my house.  I'll buy a recliner that you MIGHT fit in, LOL.  You be one BIG boy.  

Isn't it amazing, though?  I get made fun of because I am naturally small, but guys like you get made out to be bad guys because you are big.  Sad, sad state of affairs.  Hell, I remember your first post where you thought we were all racists and were worried about attending a shoot with us.  

Me?  I couldn't care less if you're black, white, hispanic, whatever.  Big or small.  A college professor or a concrete laborer.  Have a million dollar house or live in a studio in the ghetto.  Carry a 22 or a 454 Casul.  I give the respect and expect it in return.  Lie to me once, no more second chances.  Treat me right and you'll quickly find I am about the nicest guy in the world who'll whip anybody that messes with my friends.  

But I am a dying breed.  I like everyone who doesn't disrespect me.  Guess I'm just stupid for believing in the goodness of people regardless of their size/color/stature.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 7:15:16 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Class 3 misdemeanor.  Check your books.

Soon, the CCW course will only be 8 hours.  Take the frickin' time and get it.  No-one needs to know when you carry, it is better that way.  When some vagrant or criminal approaches you, it is the 'interview' phase of criminal activity.  They want to see if you are a willing victim.  When you loudly say "get away from me now", the look in your eye is somehow different when a gun is carefully hidden in a belly band.  I have seen this several times.

From ARS 13-3102 ...

"J. Misconduct involving weapons under subsection A, paragraph 9, 14 or 15 of this section is a class 3 felony. Misconduct involving weapons under subsection A, paragraph 3, 4, 8 or 13 of this section is a class 4 felony. Misconduct involving weapons under subsection A, paragraph 12 of this section is a class 1 misdemeanor unless the violation occurs in connection with conduct which violates the provisions of section 13-2308, subsection A, paragraph 5, section 13-2312, subsection C, section 13-3409 or section 13-3411, in which case the offense is a class 6 felony. Misconduct involving weapons under subsection A, paragraph 5, 6 or 7 of this section is a class 6 felony. Misconduct involving weapons under subsection A, paragraph 1, 2, 10 or 11 of this section is a class 1 misdemeanor."

Now unless something was passed last session that changed this, its still a Class 1. I was involved in the passage of several of those bills (including  HB2325, which shortened the CCW course to eight hours), but not all of them by a long shot, so I certainly could have missed something. If I did, feel free to let me know.

And just FYI, I've had my CCW since 1995. Am on my third card now. And I use it all the time, even when open carrying, since I almost always have a BUG on me. But that will not stop me from pushing the "malicious intent" bill next session, which will legalize CCW without a permit for all law-abiding citizens, while leaving the permit system in place for those who want one.

Its a right, not a privilege.

And just FY further I, the only time any bad actor has come up on me has been when I was carrying concealed. A few have begun the approach when I was open carrying ... until they spotted the gun. Then they suddenly decided they had something urgent to do elsewhere.

Funny how that works, eh?
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
C'mon, man, we have GOT to organize an open carry get together!

Once we get this org up and running, we'll put it together if enough people will come to it. Give us a few months to get everything running, we're still waiting on the Corporation Commission to get the filing back to us. Then the real work begins ...

Quoted:
You should try to come to the Tue poker game at my house.

Is this thing still going? Haven't seen any posts about it, was wondering. Let me know, I'm up for some cards ...
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
C'mon, man, we have GOT to organize an open carry get together!

Once we get this org up and running, we'll put it together if enough people will come to it. Give us a few months to get everything running, we're still waiting on the Corporation Commission to get the filing back to us. Then the real work begins ...

Quoted:
You should try to come to the Tue poker game at my house.

Is this thing still going? Haven't seen any posts about it, was wondering. Let me know, I'm up for some cards ...

You are welcome at my house any time.  I'd like to get a poker game going again.  I'll post another new thread in a few
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
They have the legal right to prevent you from open carrying in their store.  Dont like it?  Write corprate or whoever, but in the mean time find a different place to shop.

Pretty much how it goes. And get off your ass and get your CCW. I waited 2 years to get mine after I turned 21 and it was still way too long to wait.
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Damn NeverEnoughFirePower 3 pages in HTF.
Your not allowed to open carry at WallyWorld
any more and post about it.
You got everyone's undie's in a bunch...
Undies... that were probably bought at Wal-Mart

+1...now go get a hair cut...a collar shirt & tie...add some dockers & penny loafers so you don't have this problem again!!

Seriously...get your CCW...the tactical advantage could save someone's life

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top