Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/28/2003 8:11:25 PM EDT
I want to buy a CMP M1 Garand soon and was wondering if there are any official matches that definitely count as 50 rounds fired in a match for marksmanship training, as required according to the ODCMP.

I'm located in Anthem, AZ (way North Phoenix) so any eligible organizations associated with Ben Avery would be IDEAL. I have a few pistols (SIG 9mm, .45 and Glock 9mm) and several rifles (couple AR-15's, 10/22 & a M14s) so shooting isn't a problem, just never been to or shot in a match before.

I am not worried about looking stupid (well maybe a little) I just want to get my requirements met for a CMP purchase, so any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:21:49 PM EDT
I realize this is clear the other end of Phoenix but this is what you are looking for. It is also a very nice range. Scroll down below the second picture and you will see that this course qualifies you to purchase the rifle. I don't have any info on Ben Avery. arizona.rifleshooting.com/m1clinic.htm. For info on the range and maps etc. go to www.riosaladosportsmans.com/.
Top Top