Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2003 6:07:09 PM EDT
If any of you Arizonan arfcom members are planning to head from AZ to Florida in the next week, and you have time, space, and inclination, would you be interested in hauling some cargo to Florida for me?  

It's a very fine, very expensive video projector I just bought via government auction and located at Davis-Monthan AFB in the Tucson area.    Shipping this sucker to Florida is going to be heartbreakingly expensive, which I wasn't told until AFTER the auction was over!   200 bucks for packing it?  That's nuts!  

This sucker's big.  About 30 inches by 36 inches by a good foot tall.  It'd need a pickup truck or a van to transport it right.  

Just in case any of you are heading to Florida at some time in say the next week, I'd like to see if you might want to pick this sucker up for me and haul it to Florida.  Central Florida in the Melbourne-Orlando general area would be ideal, but I'll travel a few hours to meet you if I have to.

I WILL make it worth your while if you help me to get this machine to me.

If you're interested, PM me and we'll work out a deal that works for both of us.

I'm not asking anyone to make a special trip for this.  But if it's not too far out of your way and you're willing to help out a fellow arfcommer, that'd be very cool indeed.

And for those of you who have been browsing a lot, no, this isn't deja vu.  I bought TWO of these mighty beasts, one in FL and the other in AZ, both this evening.   A similar message is posted in the FL forum.

CJ

Link Posted: 10/17/2003 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Hahaha, did you get it from Govliquidation.com? I was gonna bid on those until I saw the dimensions.

Is it in working condtion? I get a huge discount from Fedex and would be willing to help you out.

Let me know, Rob

[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:46:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if FedEx will even TOUCH those suckers!

Actually, I won TWO of those projectors.  The other is a Marquee 8000 with its accessories including a ceiling mount bracket, and I truly think it's never been used because the power cord still has a plastic bag wrapped around it, and there's not a mark on it!

This projector is manufactured about 20 miles from where I live, so getting anything I need in the way of service shouldn't pose too much of a problem...!

I may end up renting a flight case from the manufacturer so they can be transported safely.

My home theater is about to receive a non-trivial upgrade, I think!   And since I have purchased TWO projectors,  I can keep the good one and resell the perfect one for 3 to 5 grand in a pretty good hurry.

I'd be interested in any help that would get these machines to my door at a low cost without damaging them.   Even if the route is fairly slow.

Can you check with FedEx and see what they might charge to deliver it to zip code 32937?  Assume a weight of 350 pounds and a shipping palette.

If you get some info on that, please PM or email me.   My email is [email protected]

Thanks!

CJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top