Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I wanta come to! PLEEEEESEEE!
Tannetite is the BOMB!

Pleese Winston Wolf, you would be the coolest guy in the world. Heh Heh.

In all seriousness i would really like to come out and have a blast.

Thanks Mike
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Steve_, the city council "banned" 50's at the range permanently? Just confirm and I'll unleash a few letters. Or did they refuse to allow them this time only?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like to put together some information to try to convince the CG Chamber of Commerce that these AR15.com shoots (including those nasty 50 BMG rifles) provides a financial benefit to their uptight city.

If I can come up with a dollar amount that the group might collectively spend in the Casa Grande area on food, gasoline, lodging?, ammo, and whatever else, we might be able to get them on our side and believe me MONEY TALKS.  If this is only a couple hundred dollars they may not care, but if it is more or if it was a couple hundred bucks at a small restaurant that restaurant owner may speak up and be on our side.  With the price of gas now just 6 guys filling up brings about $200 into CG that they didn't have before.  I bet  25 people eat at local restaurants, even at $5 per that is another $125.  I bought some ammo at a CG gun shop after I was done shooting last time.  Small change, but it all adds up.  

If you guys feed me some numbers I will craft up a letter and send it off to their Chamber of Commerce.  I hate to see the 50 BMG's go without a fight and if we get the local businesses saying they like the business we might have some backing where as right now we have nothing on our side.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Steve_, the city council "banned" 50's at the range permanently? Just confirm and I'll unleash a few letters. Or did they refuse to allow them this time only?

Yes, 50's are banned at the range permanently, not just for this shoot.

To let you guys know, upon futher discussions with the City, I have been told that noise was not the main issue in banning the 50's and the noise levels recorded at the summer shoot were within the federal guidelines. (I know, you told me so.) Don't quote me on this, but what I have heard is something along the lines of "The use of 50 cal BMG does not fall in line with the intended use of the facility".  From my understanding the intended use of the facility is recreational.

Steve

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Yep. Like I said, they're prolly just afraid it'll ricochet and someone'll end up accidentally shooting down a 747 flying overhead at 30,000ft.

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Screw em! I'm bringing my .50cal anyway...

It just happens to be a cap and ball, but it's a .50 nonetheless...Semantics?

Plus, after some of you hit the porta potty's, they should be banning them as WMD's! P.U.!
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 1:03:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would like to put together some information to try to convince the CG Chamber of Commerce that these AR15.com shoots (including those nasty 50 BMG rifles) provides a financial benefit to their uptight city.

If I can come up with a dollar amount that the group might collectively spend in the Casa Grande area on food, gasoline, lodging?, ammo, and whatever else, we might be able to get them on our side and believe me MONEY TALKS.  If this is only a couple hundred dollars they may not care, but if it is more or if it was a couple hundred bucks at a small restaurant that restaurant owner may speak up and be on our side.  With the price of gas now just 6 guys filling up brings about $200 into CG that they didn't have before.  I bet  25 people eat at local restaurants, even at $5 per that is another $125.  I bought some ammo at a CG gun shop after I was done shooting last time.  Small change, but it all adds up.  

If you guys feed me some numbers I will craft up a letter and send it off to their Chamber of Commerce.  I hate to see the 50 BMG's go without a fight and if we get the local businesses saying they like the business we might have some backing where as right now we have nothing on our side.

Feel free to tell include me in your message. I  would be driving an SUV that gets 10 miles to the gallons and 4 mouths to feed. One night in a hotel, you do the math.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#8]
AZ-K9,  This is exactly what I'm looking for - PROOF to the Casa Grande Chamber of Commerce that this shoot has brought and could continue to bring over $2,000 (or whatever the number comes to) to the Casa Grande businesses.  We all know that there is a dollar amount that will make the head of the Chamber of Commerce call up the Parks and Recreation guy and lean on him a little bit. If he or she wants to be responsible for the local businesses NOT to get our money, then these businesses all need to know who pulled the plug and why.  Let them fight it out.  But we need to feed them the DATA.  Anyone else with a dollar estimate please post it here or IM Mail me.

I hate to see our 50 BMG brothers shut out!

Bill Warner

Quoted:

Quoted:

Feel free to tell include me in your message. I  would be driving an SUV that gets 10 miles to the gallons and 4 mouths to feed. One night in a hotel, you do the math.

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I live here..Not much for me to count...

I could say that I will refuse to go to Denny's in the morning for the Grand Slam... That's an additional $2.99 plus tax, coffee and tip!

Dammit, I'm mad now! I love living on the edge!

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I would say that we have a damned slim chance of turning around the "No 50 BMG" ruling for the November 1 shoot, but I will work on it for future shoots.  I will be out of State beginning this afternoon and returning Oct 20. Will check in if I get the chance.  Remember money talks and if we just shoot somewhere else they will never know how much income the local businesses lost.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell, what did the 15 or so of us spend at Famous Sam's after the last shoot?

When's the next City Council meeting?  Perhaps it could be made an agenda item.

Democracy only works when the citizens get involved.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Since the City of Casa Grande has choosen to limit what weapons I can shoot at their local range, I will no longer take my business to their city.
I live in a small out lying community, and have always done my shopping, much of my dinning, and most of my other purchasing at the local establishments.
Since they feel they have the right to restrict my choice of weapons, I will exercise my rights to no longer conduct my affairs with any merchant associated with their restrictive city.

BOYCOTT CASA GRANDE!
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Remember, Ben Avery has a ban on 50s as well. They claim their backstop won't stop them. I wonder if the Casa Grande parks guys know this and that's the true reason.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I think you have a good idea Bill.  Personally, since I live here I can't add in a lot, but if you could get input from the others that have attented the shoots I'm sure you could come up with several thousand dollars that have been spent due to these shoots.

For myself you can include the $70 per shoot we spend for the porta-johns.

Steve
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#15]
... No telling how long I will exist, but there's always Afghanistan.

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you have a good idea Bill.  Personally, since I live here I can't add in a lot, but if you could get input from the others that have attented the shoots I'm sure you could come up with several thousand dollars that have been spent due to these shoots.

For myself you can include the $70 per shoot we spend for the porta-johns.

Steve

And then the extra is always donated to the P&R AND we ALWAYS leave the place BETTER than we found it....

There are 2 residents on the corner..Nobody else around. If an AR15.com rep went and knocked on their doors and maybe gave THEM the extra cash rather than the P&R Dept, they might just let us do what we need to do....Or, everyone pitch in $5 and give them each $100 or so for their trouble for the day...
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Remember, Ben Avery has a ban on 50s as well. They claim their backstop won't stop them.

Huh??? Their backstop is a friggin' mountain. A .50BMG will go through a lot of stuff, but not a hill made of granite.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 11:30:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Remember, Ben Avery has a ban on 50s as well. They claim their backstop won't stop them.

Huh??? Their backstop is a friggin' mountain. A .50BMG will go through a lot of stuff, but not a hill made of granite.

The purpose of the backstop is to stop the lead BEFORE it gets to the mountain.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Several groups have threatened to sue Ben Avery over their position. Ben Avery use to hold a 1,000 yard bench rest event for 50s. There was an article in the Republic a while back on it.

Study on noise at shooting ranges.

www.basfaz.com/sound_&_noise1.htm
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:55:20 AM EDT
[#20]
WELCOME TO THE BEN AVERY SHOOTING FACILITY

In order to make your visit to this facility safe and enjoyable;
Please follow these rules:

1.         All posted RANGE SAFETY RULES must be followed.

2.         Alcohol is prohibited on the firing ranges. Anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol is prohibited from shooting.

3.         Shooting is allowed in approved areas and at approved targets, with lawful devices only.

4.      The use of tracer ammunition and 50 Caliber BMG is prohibited.

5.         Children under 16 must be supervised by parent or responsible adult.

6.         Firearms shooting is restricted to the Main Range, and the Clay Target Center, except for scheduled events.

7.         All daily firearms and archery shooters and all Event Coordinators must sign in at the Main Range before shooting or set up.

8.         Events, buildings, and facilities must be scheduled 30 days in advance through the Main Range Office.

9.         The campground is for the Ben Avery shooting public only. The dump station is for guests only. Reservations are preferred. All campers must sign in at the Main Range Office.

10.       No Off Road Driving: Driving off paved roads or parking lots is prohibited.

11.       The speed limit is 25 MPH, except for special event speed restrictions, as posted

12.       During normal operations, the west entrance is for the Trap and Skeet Ranges

13.       No open fires are permitted. Charcoal may be used in grills, and fires in fire containers.

14.       All trash must be placed in provided containers.

15.       Glass containers are prohibited.

16.       All pets must be leashed. Pet waste will be removed by owner.

17.       This Facility is closed to the taking of wildlife.

18.       All state laws are enforced on this Facility.

These rules will be enforced per Arizona Revised Statutes 13-1501. Violators will be prosecuted.

Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your visit.

Arizona Game and Fish Department

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Afghanistan sounds good to me!

And Saturday would be better than Sunday. I had a hell of a hangover at work a couple Mondays ago.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 4:03:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Afghanistan sounds good

BboOOommMMM!
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Afghanistan sounds good

BboOOommMMM!

Cool screen name..But I knew we would get you posting on here..I would welcome you to the board, but you have been here a while already..

Hmmm..Welcome to posting... How's that?

Glad to see you...Jump right in the fun...

We gotta try film cannisters to stretch it out next time..I hear they are just as fun and more challenging...I have quite a few empties. I get them everytime I go to Wally's World...
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#24]

film cannisters

They work well, blew up a shark with one.

Thank you for the welcome AZ Redneck, finally quit backseat lurking.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll be there for sure. Just got a MIcro Galil in and it's very sweet with a 10 on the cool factor scale. If you want to shoot it bring factory .223 ammo. I'll have the Micro Uzi too. Insane rof, but fun to shoot if you want to blow a box of 9mm in about 3 seconds,
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#26]
I may have to break down and buy some factory ammo!
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Afghanistan sounds good

BboOOommMMM!

... Ann? Is that you? Thanks for the cigars if so. HiramRanger and me smoked 'em in Texas last weekend.

... P.S. You have a nice website.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#28]

So is the Nov 1 shoot in CG or stan?

Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:45:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Thanks for the cigars

You are welcome, glad you enjoyed them.

Was looking to see where the shoot is going to be.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

So is the Nov 1 shoot in CG or stan?

The Nov 1st shoot will be at the Casa Grande range.  From what I hear Winston and the DMGer's are planning another shoot at Afghanistan for later in November.

Steve

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:13:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Annarchy and I will be there.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:20:42 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll be there.

Jay
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:25:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Zombie Rounds.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Is cav-arms gonna be comin like they have in the past?  For demos and such... I missed em when i came out for my first shoot, and havent been to one since.

Im hoping to make it out for this one, as im feeling a bit bummed taht i STILL dont own a single firearm.  I am however thinking of borrowing a buddy's SA-93 and bringing that out... he said i could bum it from him for the day.  Ive never shot one, or seen one for that matter..so it should be interesting.  Now i just need to get some ammo...
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Am I correct in thiking that I will be able to shoot Full-Auto guns if I bring factory ammo?  If so that will be so cool.
Is Wal-Mart white box stuff ok?  What calibers should I get?
Mike
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Does Walmart sell 20mm anti-tank? Be careful, there might be some undercover INS Agents crawling around...If you meet one, grab a mop on isle 4 and say "No habla"...

Most of the guys with MG's are generous with them and will let you shoot them. Most of the calibers are .223, 9mm and 7.62x39... A couple of the guys have the big boys that take .308, but DON'T get .308 at $20/box! They will let you shoot surplus out of them if you let them see what you're shooting first. I would probably do the same if I had a $20k toy out for play...There are also a couple .45's and some .22LR conversion kits for the M16's...

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Does Walmart sell 20mm anti-tank? Be careful, there might be some undercover INS Agents crawling around...If you meet one, grab a mop on isle 4 and say "No habla"...

Trust me, their just looking for Bud Light 30 packs.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm still looking for a few people to help me out the day of the shoot (calling cease-fires and keeping things in line).  Probably one shift from sunrise until about 11:00am, and one more shift from about 11:00am until 3:00pm.  Please e-mail me if you can help me out.

Thanks,
Steve

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:29:04 AM EDT
[#41]
I haven't seen it mentioned here, but I assume we should bring some extra bank for tactical toilet rental fees,,,,,,,

Jay  
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#42]
I'll be along.  time to meet some of you folks . . .

Cyrus
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#43]
LOL yea can we do name tags this time...hehehe.  I met so many cool guys last time i went, but i have no clue who they are anymore.....  (just kidding about the name tag thing by the way)
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm so bad remembering names . . .  The tags might be a good idea!  CGJ
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#45]
ok... question... where can i get some 7.62x39 rounds before sat?  I dont wanna buy the damn 20rnd boxes at wallyworld or some crap.  Anyone suggest a place west of the 51 that i could grab some in bulk by the shoot?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Machine Gun Kellys on 19th Ave. should have some Wolf 7.62X39 at a decent price.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:05:09 AM EDT
[#47]
 Thanks to a very stupid and very conflicting work schedule...I shant be at this one...hope to see you all at the Afghanistan shoot on Nov. 22....I will remember the hamburger buns this time!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#48]
crap... now its lookin like I may not be goin either.... freakin hell...  

The two guys that were maybe goign to go with me both say they'll be too hung over to go...BASTARDS!!!  Def. a let down.  If i knew where this "afganistan" was i woudl join yall there, cept the fact that ill be in vegas for my wedding the following day...heh.  

Ahh well.. any thoughts on when the shoot after that will be?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Right after I post this, I'll be sitting at the loading bench finishing up for tomorrow.

And I'm bringing lots of steel.

Edited to add:

Ok, done.  I've got 140 rounds of .30-06, 500 rounds of .223, 80 rounds of .303, about 40 rounds of 12 gauge.  That should keep me busy for a while.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top