Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/30/2003 11:17:22 PM EDT
Well, I made it to Phoenix a couple of weeks ago so that my wife could check out a college there for her masters program. We had decided that if everything looked good that we would try to move there early in '04. Anyway, I must say that it is one awesome state! We definatly need to move!

I also must apologize to gunslinger808 - he was kind enough to offer to show me around if I made it down, but I just didn't have the time on this trip. However, I do appreciate the offer.

I also have a favor to ask (as if this post isn't getting long enough). The friend that I stayed with is getting into shooting (no thanks to me ) and wants to get a Glock 30. Where is the best place to pick one up in the Phoenix area?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 11:27:18 PM EDT

Steve at Scottsdale Gun Center on Scottsdale Rd. would have your best price for one. He's down between McDowell Rd. and Thomas. He also will be at the Crossroads of The West gunshow the weekend of Sept. 6 & 7. He usually has show specials.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 1:12:17 PM EDT
Glad you liked our state.
As for not making it down to visit, no big deal, I know what it's like to have to get everything done in a short visit.
There will be plenty of time for shooting once you move here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 9:36:22 PM EDT
And if your up by the Armory AKA Scottsdale Gun Club, stop by Dillion Precision. They are right down the road on Frank Loyd Right. But dont waste your time at ASA, unless you want some verbal abuse from Bob. Hey if you really piss him off you may even get to meet Scottsdale PD.

What part of town you moving into anyway?
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 2:00:12 AM EDT
Carbine10 - That sounds great; my friend is planning on going to the show, so I'll have him check into it.

Gunslinger808 - I'm looking forward to it!

TheFNG - We will probably be in the Tempe area since that is where the campus is that my wife wants to go to. However, where I find a job will also be a consideration.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 10:34:20 AM EDT
What field are you in High Plains?

Rob
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 2:34:52 PM EDT
a320az - I have a Bachelors degree in health and exercise science. Lately, however, I have been running the family farm and working at the Colorado State Capitol. Currently I am open to about anything that pays decent.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:59:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Carbine10:

Steve at Scottsdale Gun Center on Scottsdale Rd. would have your best price for one. He's down between McDowell Rd. and Thomas. He also will be at the Crossroads of The West gunshow the weekend of Sept. 6 & 7. He usually has show specials.

Ditto, Scottsdale Gun Center is absolutely the cheapest place in the valley for NEW Guns purchases whether it be handguns or rifles. The Armory is probably the most expensive! --RR
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:26:17 PM EDT
I talked to my friend in Arizona and he is going to check out Scottsdale Gun Center, and probably go to the show. Thanks for all of your help.
Top Top