Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2003 12:38:48 PM EDT
Just made the move down here on Saturday with my lady.  Got a nice apartment (4br2bath) a few miles from U of A, with my g/f and 1 room-mate.  I like it here a lot, and my complex provides a free shuttle to campus.  College life is good

Anyway, enough chit-chat.  I have no idea where any gun stores are.  I need someplace that sells reloading supplies and 7.62X39 ammo  with decent prices.

Directions from I-10 and Speedway would be greatly appreciated.

Go Cats!
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
My two favorites are Murphy's on Country Club just North of Flowing Wells, and West of the Pecos on Pima just East of Craycroft.  Murphy's is a bigger shop and has a pretty good selection of reloading stuff too.  West of the Pecos has a good selection of guns and a good staff.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 1:37:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree whole-heartedly(sp) with K Baker. Murphy's and West of the Pecos are the two best in Tucson.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
You spelled it right.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 1:23:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Few others I like. For reloading supplies I like Slash K on Ajo just east of country club. Hard to see but not bad for bulk reloading supplies. I also go to Jenson's a lot they have two stores one is 200 feet if that from west of the pecos store on Pima. Other has the indoor range on prince and flowing wells. They have better selections of most items. Haven't bought from West of the Pecos yet. I like the shop but I usually end up finding a deal somewhere else. Try Diamondback Police supply on Broadway and Kolb, Have picked up a few like-new used Sig's there for good prices.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 1:50:37 AM EDT
[#5]
West of the Pecos has a kick ass selection of 1911s to look at
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#6]
For GOD's sake, stay AWAY from Jerry's Gun Exchange.

That nucker's futs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Besides the guns stores mentioned, you could also check out a gun show like 'Crossroads of the West'.  There's one up here in Phoenix on Sept 6-7.  I'm don't know about Tucson's schedule.  

The first gun show I went to was at the Pima County fairgrounds a little while back when I was at the UofA.  I didn't have any guns back then, but it can be a good place to pic up some bulk 7.62x39.  You can also try Ammoman.com.  The price includes shipping.  Go Cat's! Beat ASU!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info.  Think I'll visit West of the Pecos and Murphy's today after school.

BTW, I'd like to hear about Jerry's Gun Exchange.  Sounds like there may be some interesting stories behind KBaker's post.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Went to West of the Pecos yesterday.  Great little place.  The guys that worked there were pretty nice and helpful too, especially considering I look like a typical dumb-ass college student who is just there to fondle the firearms w/ a half mexican friend that looks like he is up to no good with a Pantera t-shirt.  I got a side saddle for my Winchester 1300 too.  They got a nice selection of stuff there.  I was really surprised how much crap they have crammed in there.

They also had a BFR in 500 magnum, and that thing was an absolute monster!  I have a Raging Bull .454, and that gun would have totally dwarfed it.  Damn!

So, again, thanks for the info.  Tucson seems like a great place for a shooter like me to be, even with all the liberals.

Maybe I'll go to Jerry's today too, just to see how futs that nucker is!
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Maybe I'll go to Jerry's today too, just to see how futs that nucker is!

OK, but I warned ya!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top