Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/29/2003 1:08:09 AM EDT
in the Chandler/Mesa/Tempe/Gilbert area?!?!? WTF, over!

Looking and looking and looking. I do follow ups on almost 17 applications on everything from collections to security to (shudder) restaurant jobs and I'm told that I'm over qualified. If I want to get any other job I need this goddamn degree that I'm working on.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 1:55:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TopCrest:
in the Chandler/Mesa/Tempe/Gilbert area?!?!? WTF, over!

Looking and looking and looking. I do follow ups on almost 17 applications on everything from collections to security to (shudder) restaurant jobs and I'm told that I'm over qualified. If I want to get any other job I need this goddamn degree that I'm working on.

You're "overqualified"?!?! WTF? I've never been told that.

[:\]

Anyway... Are you looking for one just until school starts again? Not many will take the time to train you knowing you'll quit in four weeks.

I worked four summers at Motorola - but that started in late May.

Well... you can always get paid being a "bodily fluid" donor.

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 1:56:35 PM EDT
Sell Tannerite! Just kidding!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:03:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/29/2003 2:05:09 PM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:42:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By markm:
Sell Tannerite! Just kidding!

Uhh he already did that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:00:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:59:54 PM EDT
I thought it was Onan arms.

Fenster.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:14:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SinistralRifleman:
What happened to Odin Arms?

Well my brother died, kinda puts a damper on things when you need to be there for your family.

That with getting my commercial pilot's license right now and being signed up for a full load doesn't allow for a whole lot of free time to do the business thing.

I learned a lot and eventually broke even, maybe even made a little money, and met some really cool people. I realized that my fortune will not be made in the gun industry and is best left as a hobby or a low time/volume side business.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:59:04 AM EDT
I worked for the government for 2 years and as a process server for a couple of years while I was going to ASU. The best advise I have for you is to find a job in the field you want to work in after college. I didn't know what I wanted to do during college, now I'm in the aerospace industry.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:38:06 AM EDT
Gun Industry = Vow of Poverty

When I was in college I worked as a doorman at Cheetah One Cabaret. You get to meet all kinds of interesting women and boobs get boring. Then there are the guys that you throw out who swear they are coming back to kill you. Fun stuff.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 12:54:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:25:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Garryowen:
Well what ever you do, showing up every day (and on time)will help

I have no idea whatsoever what you're talking about. I think a better idea is to never do anything nice for anybody because it ends up biting you in the ass in bad, bad way.

BTW, if you wanna come along on the dirty old man boat trip, let me know. Katie's coming back from Europe in a few weeks and we're planning a celebratory boat trip along with some other young ladies. Ill try to talk Treetop into going, maybe he'll actually wanna hang out with me then.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:00:21 PM EDT
Top Top