Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2003 4:50:59 PM EDT
I heard some bit on the radio about 40 home raided, bikers, guns, drugs..  blah blah blah.

Anyone hear anything?
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. I seems that our federal jackboots decided to drive an APC (or something) through a fence and shoot a prospect (I was told) other raids around the state. They're claiming murder for hire, bombmaking, and "weapons violations" were the reason. Check out arizona republic.com for the "story"
AB
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Heard it too. Appears to be HA related.

Dennis Wagner
The Arizona Republic
Jul. 9, 2003 12:00 AM

Federal agents said they delivered a major blow to the Hells Angels outlaw biker gang in Arizona with predawn raids Tuesday that netted 30 arrests and left one suspect hospitalized with a bullet wound.

Virginia O'Brien, special agent in charge for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said the case blows away two claims made by Hells Angels leaders: that they are a benevolent organization and that they cannot be infiltrated by authorities.

"The Hells Angels arrested by ATF today, they don't contribute to Toys for Tots," she said, referring to one of the club's charity drives. "These are the guys who contribute to firearm and drug trafficking."

Go here for the rest.
www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0709biker-main09.html
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It says an informer first tried to establish the Solos Angeles here nearly four years ago and won approval from two chapter presidents. However, the informer was rejected by the late Daniel "Hoover" Seybert, president of the Cave Creek chapter in Phoenix. (Seybert was shot and killed last year outside a popular club hang-out.)

Very interesting.  Seybert seemed to be spoiling the Feds infiltration efforts and he ends up dead from a "snipers bullet".  Is Janet Reno working out here now???
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 11:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The gunstore I bring in my toys thru was nailed in this raid. Mohave Firearms up in Bullhead City, Mohave county. Most of the arrests and firearm confiscations were in this county.
On Tuesday, while going to work, I saw a big ass ATF agent going into the store which was closed, since I think Bob Abrahams (owner) was on vacation.
I don't frequent gunstores often, I try to get in and get out to avoid the BS from the gunstore commandos.
I knew Bob Abrahams was into Harleys, but didn't know that he had some HA connections. His mouth was to big to keep his dealings a secret. He alluded to me a few times about illegal weaponry. I barely knew the guy. I dismissed it as gunstore commando BS because his prices were way out of line for the "street." He said like, 10 grand for an illegal M16. Why would anyone pay more cash than for a legal one, unless you were in a restricted state? Or, had felony convictions?
Plus he didn't know jack about the Ar-15/M-16 platform. I figured he just wanted to look like the man.
I got my CCW thru him a while back, if I ever end up in a shooting, and he needs to testify about my character and ability, are they going to get a TV signal via satelite from prison in an orange jumpie?
Supposidly, he got nailed with an unregistered SBR, suppressor, and was doing a half ass job on his FFL record keeping. Hmmm, so I wonder if my AR-15 is on the books?
There were always people in the shop who hung around any time I had to go there. One guy gave me the vibe of being an ATF agent, he played the part of being some racist redneck too well.
I could never figure out how he made any money, because he didn't have much of an inventory. His 12 dollar FFL fees were sweet though.
-Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top