Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/21/2003 6:28:48 PM EDT
I might be moving to the Phoenix area for my wife to attend graduate school. I have been there once but that is it. Do you like it? Hate it? Tell me what you think.

There is a possibility that I might be able to go to Phoenix at the end of July to check things out (I've been there in the winter - time to see what the summer is like ). I have a friend who lives there, but he doesn't shoot or hunt (though I think I can get him hooked on archery - it'll be a start) so I need some input on what you guys do for fun. I was going to check out Cavalry Arms. Anything else I should check out while I'm down there? Any good shooting areas (like public land) or shooting schools?

Also, I was wondering if Arizona is in a recession like Colorado. Will I be able to find a job? I have a bachelor's degree but that doesn't mean a whole lot in Colorado right now because there just aren't any jobs. Is Arizona any better?

Sorry about all of the questions, but this is a sudden deal that just came up and I wnat to gather all of the info I can before committing to this. Thanks

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:04:19 PM EDT
Love it...I have been all over the world and I can't help but always come back here. If you love guns this is the place to live. I am not sure jobs are any tighter here than anywhere else...but it's a bit tight right now....

It's hot as hell in the summer but if you dress right, eat well and drink LOTS of water you will be fine...you get used to it.

Winter....there's nothing like it.

People....man, Phoenix can be a bit odd...but in a pretty cool way....people may same a bit "mean" sometimes but don't let it bug you....it just the heat. Plus there are quite a few privacy nuts here. Despite all the vermine liberals moving here there are also a lot of very staunch liberterian types all over...you'll find friends fast. The shooting ranges are cool...Rio Solado ( where I shoot ) is one of the most awesome ranges in the world...it has almost everyting you want and you can shoot anything you want except there is no full auto on Sunday....gives the whiney ass neighboors a break supposedly...
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:07:33 AM EDT
Yer gonna love it, HPD.
Lots of places and people to shoot with. Gunsite shooting school in Prescott, Scottsdale Gun club rents class 3 weapons.
Bring lots of sunscreen and ammo, your going to need them both!
IM me when you get here, and we'll get together.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:29:24 PM EDT
Thanks for the info guys, it sounds like a great place. Things are tight everywhere, but I don't think my state will be picking up anytime soon.

desertmoon -
It would be nice to meet more like-minded people. The shooting opportunities in Phoenix sound great - definatly better than what I have here. I can't wait to check it out!

Gunslinger808 -
I guess I'd better place an order with ammoman before I come down . I will probably be down for a week at the end of July / beginning of August if everything works out. I'll IM you when I know for sure. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:06:23 PM EDT

Take it from an A/C tech. It's hot here. So if you can't stand the heat, you may want to stay in CO.

On the other hand that only last about four months of the year.

So come on down! We have the Drunk Machinegunners Club down here. And we also like to blow shit up with Tanerite.

Arizona's know how to spend there money.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:34:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/23/2003 10:34:51 PM EDT by DVDTracker]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:05:34 AM EDT
Carbine10 -
I enjoy the desert, I don't know why but I do. I don't think that the heat will be that much of a problem - I work in the engine compartment of farm machinery when its over 100F outside. It sucks, but its a living. Blowing shit up is right up my alley .

DVDTracker -
You may be in Phoenix at the same time as me. I see a shoot developing...
Top Top