Page Hometown » Ohio
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Springfield here.

I must disagree with Leisureshoot about one thing. I won’t set foot in Skip’s (mad river armory). He’s talked himself out of my money.

Vandalia range is excellent as a FFL. Not a terrible place to shoot, but still indoor. Haven’t been in there lately, but IME they keep good staff, helpful, decent knowledge for a countermonkey. The son, Alex, (at least used to be) in charge of NFA dealings, was also a no BS guy. I actually have some money in my pocket for them right now, need to get my ass down there and order some cans.

I’m a member of new Carlisle sportsmen’s club. Pretty good facility, good members, nothing crazy in their rule book. Lot of club activities, mostly all fudd stuff, but still a great time on the range with good people.

Buck Creek Carryout recently changed hands from the original owner retiring. I don’t plan to spend any real money there now. The old lady that used to own the place knew her guns very well, no BS fuddlore.

If you’re good for hurricanes, you’ll handle the weather here. Just be ready for power outage in winter (heat). Just because they lived here their entire lives, doesn’t mean they can drive in the snow worth a shit. People will get even dumber when the road turns white.

PM me if you’d like to check out the NCSC facility.

ETA: I also have some choice words about the “gunsmith” in Urbana. The gun doctor or surgeon or whatever he calls himself. I’d probably take my chances with Tooth and Nail before I let him touch my gun again.
View Quote

Urbana Resident here, I have to agree with the sentiment on both the range and the gunsmith, I am in Delta Armory a bunch as I live close by.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top