Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TEP--you should have honked--my office is the corner on the City building catty-cornered.
View Quote

I will the next time I'm through there, which isn't very often anymore.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Valentino's in Cleveland. Fucking closed temporarily cause covid.

Little place off I76 in Norton called Tomaso's. Never had pizza sauce like theirs anywhere else.

Quoted:

10 mins from my house and haven't been there in years.  I have friends that raved about that place.  Finally went there and was extremely disappointed.

The pizza was nothing special whatsoever, and I remember getting a salad that was a half-pound of iceberg, a couple of tomatoes, a couple of cucumbers, and 3 lbs of cheese.......

Not a fan.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Luigi's in Akron

10 mins from my house and haven't been there in years.  I have friends that raved about that place.  Finally went there and was extremely disappointed.

The pizza was nothing special whatsoever, and I remember getting a salad that was a half-pound of iceberg, a couple of tomatoes, a couple of cucumbers, and 3 lbs of cheese.......

Not a fan.

Luigi's pizza is not that good. Everything else they have is great. Their lasagna is the best I've ever had. The mountain of cheese on their salads are the reason you get the salad lol
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
LaRosas is the best in Cincinnati.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Two Cities---Mason Ohio
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Little place off I76 in Norton called Tomaso's. Never had pizza sauce like theirs anywhere else.

Luigi's pizza is not that good. Everything else they have is great. Their lasagna is the best I've ever had. The mountain of cheese on their salads are the reason you get the salad lol
View Quote

If Tomaso's opens back up, I will have to give them a shot.  Shouldn't be too far from my house.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LaRosas is the best in Cincinnati.
View Quote

DenzelMonica.jpg
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If Tomaso's opens back up, I will have to give them a shot.  Shouldn't be too far from my house.
View Quote

Wait what?? I go to tomasos all the time, when did they close? Or did you mean valentino's?

Or was what i said confusing and made it sound like both places were closed? Only valentino's is closed for now. But whatever they open up, fingers crossed, I'm buying like 5 all for myself just because I've missed their pizza so much
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 1:13:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I gotta have some of that lasagna, got a Luigi's address handy?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wait what?? I go to tomasos all the time, when did they close? Or did you mean valentino's?

Or was what i said confusing and made it sound like both places were closed? Only valentino's is closed for now. But whatever they open up, fingers crossed, I'm buying like 5 all for myself just because I've missed their pizza so much
View Quote

I misread your post.

To the fella that was asking, Luigi's is at 105 N.Main St in Akron.  It was cash or check only last time I was there.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I gotta have some of that lasagna, got a Luigi's address handy?
View Quote

105 N Main St, Akron, OH 44308.

If you like craft beer Akronym is really good. Parking deck is directly behind it and free in the evenings.

Since the some greater Akron people here I'll add Guiseppe's Pizza to the mix. Little farther south in the Portage Lakes (Intersection of Caston and Main).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 10:05:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't post a pic because I have not been there for a couple years and miss it since we moved.

Rendino's Pizza on Manchester Rd in New Franklin, OH, just south of Akron. Carry out only and the place is so clean you could eat off the floors.

Lynn
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Angelo’s in Lakewood has already been mentioned and I agree, they’re some of the best. As an Eastsider, I’m partial to Bada Bing in Painesville. Courthouse Pizza in Medina is outstanding, too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I was stationed downtown for the RNC.  I, too, ate a LOT of Angelo's, with Jack Frost for desert.  I still eat it once in a while, though.

The thing with Edison's is that it can get pretty greasy.  If you get the pepperoni, they put a ton of it on, so it is dripping with grease.  They also put little single-serve cups of honey in the box, for dipping your crust it.  It is kind of weird, but I learned to like it.  I probably ate there once a month when I worked the west side.  Now I'm back out east, but we still get it on occasion.  They won't charge us, but it is relatively pricey (we still pay).  I think it is like 17 dollars for a large.  

Mama Santa's is still pretty good.  We go there once in a while.  Another spot that is kind of like Mama Santa's is Vincenza's in the Arcade on Prospect.  The only problem is that they close at 5 or 6.  The east-side Italian guys I work with love it.  I must admit that it is pretty good.

If you like Crust, you might want to check out Citizen Pie.  When I worked way out east, I would go to the one on Waterloo.  Again, they are pricey for what you get, but they have really good brick-oven pizza.  I haven't been to the one in Tremont, but I can't imagine it is too different from the one out east.

When I worked on the east side, there was a Congin's on the border of Euclid that we'd go to, sometimes.  It was one of the better places in the area, although that wasn't saying much.  They have pretty good calzones.  They're gutbusters, though, if you don't have a hollow leg like I do.
View Quote

I like Edison’s, too, but it’s got enough grease to lube a car engine

And how in the Hell did I forget Mama Santa’s?! They’ve got good pasta dishes, too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I like Edison’s, too, but it’s got enough grease to lube a car engine
View Quote

That's how I feel about Massey's.  All those pepperoni slices curl up and become little cups of grease.  I'll still eat it though.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's how I feel about Massey's.  All those pepperoni slices curl up and become little cups of grease.  I'll still eat it though.  
View Quote

Pure, wholesome goodness, ain’t it?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Yala's Pizza in Lorain!

I live near Louisville, KY, and every time I come home, I got to have one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Pure, wholesome goodness, ain’t it?
View Quote

Keeps the joints moving.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 4:44:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Keeps the joints moving.
View Quote

Among other things
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I loved Fort Ball in Fostoria and Tiffin.  Just the right amount of sauce, and that greasy cheesy goodness is hard to top.  

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top