Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/14/2017 10:50:33 PM EDT
I'm traveling to Toledo next weekend to help with my nephew's soccer team at a tournament.   Since I always try to check out good local places I was hoping for some suggestions.  

Tony Packo's is already on the list,  just hoping for a couple other places.   It'd be good if they were somewhat kid friendly.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried Tony Packos a couple times but don't see the appeal. Maybe I didn't get the right things.

I tried the paprikash and the chili dogs.

The Del Taco was terrific but I think it's gone now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:59:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Del Taco was terrific but I think it's gone now.
View Quote
I can confirm Del Taco is gone.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Real Seafood company at the Docks is really good
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Cocina de Carlos in Perrysburg was good when I went.  Only been once so maybe a local can chime in.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#5]
La Scola on Airport Highway is excellent.
Spaghetti Warehouse is pretty good, too.
Big Apple Deli in Oregon on Woodville road.
Taqueria La Authentica Michoacana on Broadway has great authentic Mexican food. It's not fancy, though. You might as well be in Mexico.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 4:28:39 AM EDT
[#6]
If you like good home cooking in an old original diner Schmuckers on Reynolds is hands down the best.Great breakfasts,dinners and dozens of huge homemade pies.
On the other end of the spectrum there is Mancys Steakhouse or Mancys Itailian both very good
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Rosie's Italian grill.

5th street pub in Perrysburg.

Balance
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Kid Friendly Restaurants
Reset in Rossford and also Toledo has great food and a old school arcade in which 90% of the games are free to customers. Just make sure you are done eating by 7 p.m. as it is 21+ only after that.
Dave and Busters outside of the Westfield Franklin Park Mall is kid friendly with food and games which are not free.
Max and Ermas in Perrysburg and Maumee

Restaurants
Social in Perrysburg
J&G Pizza in downtown Sylvania
Barry's Bagels has locations all over town for a good sandwich
Pizza Papalis in downtown Toledo has authentic Chicago style deep dish pizza
Both Levis Commons in Perrysburg and Fallen Timbers Mall in Maumee and Westfield Franklin Park Mall in Toledo have multiple restaurants to eat at
Schmuckers is a classic 50's diner with homecooked food and killer pies

What kind of food do you usually like to eat? We have a ton of restaurants in Toledo with all sorts of different foods.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 5:09:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Tony Packos is highly over rated. The food is ok at best. You pay big bucks for half a hotdog on a bun. If it wasn't for Mash nobody would know about them.
I give a second thumbs up for the Spaghetti Warehouse. 
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cocina de Carlos in Perrysburg was good when I went.  Only been once so maybe a local can chime in.
View Quote
Only Mexican restaurant my family eats at anymore. Carlos is the man!
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tony Packos is highly over rated. The food is ok at best. You pay big bucks for half a hotdog on a bun. If it wasn't for Mash nobody would know about them.
I give a second thumbs up for the Spaghetti Warehouse. 
View Quote
Agree. Packo's would be an unknown neighborhood bar that serves hotdogs and Chicken Paprikash if it weren't for Jamie Farr. Although, I do like the stuffed cabbage rolls.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Spaghetti Warehouse in Columbus is gross, I don't see the appeal, it's worse than Olive Garden; stick to nice local joints.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another vote for Cocina De Carlos in Perrysburg. Best Mexican food in Toledo.  Everything is made from scratch.   Food always good, service always good. Lunch buffet is great.

Agree with others that Tony Packos is overrated. Best part is saying you have been there.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top