Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/13/2017 9:24:48 AM EDT
This is the first year i am going to be taking my step son out. I will be with him since he hasnt taken the hunters safety course yet. I am confused as to how this works for yoouth hunting. Do they get their own bag limit, or do they go off my bag limit. Lets say he gets one, am i then only allowed to get 2 more, or do they have a specific limit say one or two for youths? I know they only get 2 days so i can see how it could be difficult to get all 3 in that time. I have searched the odnr site and it doesnt specify anything about it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Bag limit is for each of you.  The youth dates are not the only dates they can hunt, those dates are simply days where only youth can hunt.  Their bag limit is season long (or also possession for doves etc)

JLE
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's some info from ODNR, might answer some questions.  

ODNR Youth Hunting Info

There are also a few places that are Youth Only hunting areas.  I took my son to Camp Belden Wildife area a few years ago on a apprentice license.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks fer the replies. We our going to be hinting on our property so i am not worried about being careful of where we go.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Just incase you take them out on the Youth only days remember you are not allowed to hunt on the designated youth hunting days,  You are not allowed to even carry a gun.. Other than a CHL  Just the youth hunters can have firearms only.  The bag limits are for the same for everyone.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top