Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/2/2017 12:07:09 PM EDT
Spring Valley public range puts up a sign saying will be closed for major construction this Fall and a note says likely start after October 15th. I asked a range officer couple weeks ago and he says probably will be closed for 8 months to a year, no 200 yds range as said at one time! Plan ahead! Maybe I should buy a hunting license and shoot at public hunting lands when they are closed!
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep. Gonna suck as I'm there once a week usually. I asked one of the RO's if they're not going to a add couple of 200 yard lanes (which I honestly don't care about one way or the other) then why bother re doing everything in the first place? He agreed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Will the shotgun range still be open?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I wont be buying an annual next year!  Thanks for the heads up. What improvements are to be made?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wont be buying an annual next year!  Thanks for the heads up. What improvements are to be made?
View Quote
An old article from the DDN .
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Doubt it, but I'll ask when I'm there later today...If I remember. 
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The shotgun range will close at the same time everything else does.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#9]
So $3M for a new archery training building, some archery upgrades, and drainage and parking improvements? Awesome use of funds......
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the heads-up OP. Will plan accordingly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads-up OP. Will plan accordingly.
View Quote
I'll probably join the Clinton County Farmers and Sportsman's Association for a year. Anyone here a member?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll probably join the Clinton County Farmers and Sportsman's Association for a year. Anyone here a member?
View Quote
I'm a 10 year member and board member.  I'd be happy to meet anyone out there, to show around.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#13]
The worst part of this closing for constructions is it takes so long and closed completely. I can't understand why it takes so long and why they can't do the constructions in phases. They are not going to build everything all at the same time and take 8+ months, likely a year, to finish.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm a 10 year member and board member.  I'd be happy to meet anyone out there, to show around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That sounds good but would it be possible to just drop in on a weekend day and check it out? (I usually do things on the spur of the moment when I get some free time.)
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Spring Valley puts up a note saying the closing likely the week after Thanksgiving Weekend. The south access road to the range is closed for construction work this week, access from the north end, range officer said the construction is only a week.

There was Miller Camp Ground and Range nearby, still around? Haven't heard anything about Miller for a long time. Last time I heard they were forced to close the range. Their website is gone.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That sounds good but would it be possible to just drop in on a weekend day and check it out? (I usually do things on the spur of the moment when I get some free time.)
View Quote
Range access is not open to public, so swinging by randomly is very hit or miss (if a RSO is there or if another member may be willing to show you around).  I'm sure if there was at least a little heads up, we could ensure someone was there.  For details check out CCFSA.com.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Spring Valley puts up a note saying the closing likely the week after Thanksgiving Weekend. The south access road to the range is closed for construction work this week, access from the north end, range officer said the construction is only a week.

There was Miller Camp Ground and Range nearby, still around? Haven't heard anything about Miller for a long time. Last time I heard they were forced to close the range. Their website is gone.
View Quote
Saw that today. Another couple of months to shoot is good.

Millers camp ground is still there, I don't believe the range is.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#18]
I hope your new range goes better then ours is here in Delaware Co. as was mentioned in the news article. Delaware range has been closed at least 1.5 years they have not started on it yet, I believe the ODNR is in a dispute over the lead clean up or how to clean it up, well something like that, I forget exactly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Now they're saying sometime in February.  

Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I believe the ODNR is in a dispute over the lead clean up or how to clean it up, well something like that, I forget exactly.
View Quote
Have a bunch of lead bullet casters come out and sift the material from the berms.. There... just saved the State of Ohio a pile of cash, all they got to do is remove pile of dirt,, and cast bullet fellas sift dirt into a clean pie, and take material home.. no EPA / Haz-Mat to deal with.. TOO EASY..  return the jackets to DNR for recycle, funds for them, free lead for bullet fellas
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Cardinal has up to a 5-year contract with ODNR while the Delaware range is being worked on. I'm not expecting to shoot again there until 2021 or 2022. I had to join a range in Logan County in the mean time, but it has advantages over Delaware.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Now they're saying sometime in February.  

View Quote
I wish they would make up their minds. I was planning my range trip ammo for end of the month, now I need more (range trip ammo is separate from stash ammo of course )
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Now said 4/1.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Now said 4/1.
View Quote
Sounds good to me.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top