Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 3:17:50 PM EDT
Anyone familiar with this place? A few friends and I would like to shoot here on an open range day. Can anyone tell me if we can shoot at the 1000 yard range on an open range day?...Are there steel targets or do we need to bring our own? Are there benches?

Thanks for any information
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]
There are benches. They have steel setup, and you can shoot to 1000y on their open days.

I'd recommend Rayners over Thunder Valley though
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't see any open range days listed on Rayner's.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd recommend Rayners over Thunder Valley though
View Quote
Why is that?  Thunder Valley is about 45 minutes closer to me.  If Rayner's is preferable, I'd consider driving the extra distance.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't see any open range days listed on Rayner's.
View Quote
Rayners is open most days, and as long as there isn't a match going on you can generally do what you want. Giving them a call the day before is generally a good idea though
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why is that?  Thunder Valley is about 45 minutes closer to me.  If Rayner's is preferable, I'd consider driving the extra distance.
View Quote
Rayners has a more positions to shoot from, and the terrain makes for some interesting challenges. There are areas where the wind flags can be going 3 different directions on the way to the target.

Thunder Valley is a nice setup, but Rayners is just a more interesting course in my opinion
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:38:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Rayners has a more positions to shoot from, and the terrain makes for some interesting challenges. There are areas where the wind flags can be going 3 different directions on the way to the target.

Thunder Valley is a nice setup, but Rayners is just a more interesting course in my opinion
View Quote
Thanks for the info.  I'm just getting into the long-range game (never really shot beyond a few-hundred yards), but I'll keep that in mind for the future.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Ive shot both, and the folks at Rayners are very polite, and helpful, and seem to actually want you there.

Cant say any of that for the other place, and yes, Ive been several times to each.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top