Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/2/2010 12:40:46 PM EDT
Was really confused...there's no water around here!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Must be some monkey business out of Hangar 18. Those goddamn aliens, why can't they fly a UFO from Mexico w/o crashing?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Must be some monkey business out of Hangar 18. Those goddamn aliens, why can't they fly a UFO from Mexico w/o crashing?

Must have been an alien UFO with a Prowler body fixed to the outside. Now that i remember it was awfully low and slow...
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#3]
My honest guest is that its an addition to the USAF museum
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes they move planes out of the way of hurricanes.

I remember when I was a kid seeing a whole bunch of F-14's flying over head on their way to Wright-Pat.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sometimes they move planes out of the way of hurricanes.

I remember when I was a kid seeing a whole bunch of F-14's flying over head on their way to Wright-Pat.

Exactly. I saw F18s near our local base, Rickenbacker, a couple years ago. It was during a hurricane.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:05:47 AM EDT
[#6]
It was like an air show here when Hugo was hitting the mainland.

There are visitors to WPAFB at all times.  I was at the R/C air show (which is this weekend, btw) two years ago and a Panavia Tornado flew overhead on approach to area A.

I've seen E-2 Hawkeyes, an E-4 of some type visits often, EA-6B's, A-10's, C-17's, AF1 and AF2, plus others I don't recall.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:33:16 AM EDT
[#7]
F16s from Homestead AFB in FL were flown to Wright Patt once during a hurricane. Seems like a long way to go.

Something else that I found very strange... Canadian F18s train over SE Ohio,out near Athens.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#8]
There are a bunch at MCAS Cherry Point, which was sort in the way of Earl...so maybe they were flown to "safety" as a precaution.  But could have just been a visitor to Wright Pat.  I too recall a bunch of military aircraft going overhead in advance of an earlier hurricane.

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Actually, it was probably on it's way to Cleveland for the airshow this weekend.  They are supposed to have a Prowler and a Growler on display.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I think a lot of planes refuel at WPAFB. Also, after the AF retired the EF-111, there was a time where Prowlers were crewed by both AF and Navy crews. Not sure if this still takes place though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#11]
It is amazing what I see around here (London area, 35 miles east of WPAFB).  Of course F16 every day.  Last weekend we had F18s.  In the past few years I have seen A10s, AF1, AF2? (both on Sept 11, 2001), Osprey's, F14s, F15s just off the top of my head and not just over the air show.  They certainly do pick up when there is a hurricaine on the east coast.
Chad
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I miss the nightly airshows over Cowan Lake (near Wilmington,OH)

Camping up there as a kid (20 years ago) I can remember seeing KC135s refueling F16s and one night we got a low level visit by a B52.

Out near West Union I recall seeing F16s at near tree top level over Longs Retreat Resort, again while camping. They were so low that you could clearly see the pilots.

Recently I saw some Canadian F18s at low level while camping in Zaleski, but it seems like Southern,OH isn't getting the military air traffic that it used to.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#13]
We were Deer Hunting near Reardon off 73. When a F-14 flew real fast and low over us. Somebody said what was that? This little 16 year old stuck his finger straight up and said with authority mind you. That is a F14 Tom Cat. He was only 16 but he new his Fighters.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:43:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
F16s from Homestead AFB in FL were flown to Wright Patt once during a hurricane. Seems like a long way to go.

Something else that I found very strange... Canadian F18s train over SE Ohio,out near Athens.

Yup I see them frequently and sometimes watch them do mid air refueling!  I also listen to them on the scanners!!  Awesome to listen to and watch!  

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top