Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/7/2006 10:43:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 11:07:00 PM EDT by Magurgle]
IF you are in the Cleveland area stop by the Jigsaw Saloon, 5324 State road, just south of Brookpark Rd. I don't know the whole story because I am in Toledo but my friend who served in Iraq in the Army is organizing a benefit for a local Marine that lost an eye and a leg in Iraq. This is the message my good friend posted on Myspace.com:

Hey everyone, please read this whole post:

Tomorrow, Saturday April 8, 2006, Loners Motorcycle Club Cleveland is hosting a night out at the Jigsaw Saloon on State Rd in Parma. The admission is $5, and for that you will get to enjoy three live bands; Terrible Two, Coals to Ashes, and A-Train and the Steamers. It should be a good mix of music.

Now let me explain why this is a good cause:

Rick Turner is a Marine from the battle depleted 3rd/25th Marine Battalion out of Brook Park. Rick is a new husband and father. For your freedom, Rick sacrificed one of his legs as well as one of his eyes. He is a true American Hero. Rick has been battling the system to get the medical treatments he needs as well as the disability coverage that his family needs. He has fallen on some tough times and has not asked for help. Because of some good friends, we came together and decided to try and help out. A portion of the proceeds from tomorrow night will be given to Rick and his family. Every little bit will help. We will also hold a 50/50 raffle and his family will receive that money as well.

If you enjoy your freedoms, being able to not only have an opinion, but to voice it without fear of reprisal, you should thank a veteran. This is a great opportunity to do just that. Please come out and support this noble cause. There will be additional donation cans out at the Jigsaw and there will is a fund set up at Dollar Bank in his name. Maybe you can only spare a buck or two, maybe more, but like I said, every bit helps. I will be unable to attend due to being in Washington D.C. for a reenlistment ceremony, however I have made a contribution as well. So come out, have a good time with some good people, and do something that will mean a lot to someone who nearly gave it all for you and I.

For those of you who have never partied with us, you are in for a good treat, we do things right. On that note, this is a precursor to our annual party, which will be held sometime in August, TBA.

Thanks,

SARGE (SGT AT ARMS, LONERS MC CLEVELAND)

Thank you for your time
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:08:28 AM EDT
I just read this at 3:00 pm, but will get on the horn to search for a baby sitter so the wife and I can go.......An injured veteran should NEVER. EVER have to go through any beaurecratic BULLSHIT to get taken care of !.....If our GOVERNMENT would take care of the men and women that are sent to war, then circumstances such as these would not be needed! We should be celebrating Mr.Turner's safe return home, not helping him do something that SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BY OUR GOV'T!!!....See you all there!!!.....SEMPER FI, Rick Turner, and Thank you!!!

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:10:07 AM EDT
oh, and let me hear some shit about the "entitlement mentality"........
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:33:09 AM EDT
Thank you for the reply, I cannot make it because I am stuck in Toledo. My friends from back in Cleveland are organizing this. I would come in but my bank card was stolen and I am still in the process of getting my account back in the positive. My friends are a good group of guys, "Sarge" got a Bronze Star for his actions in the sandbox. Sarge won't be there but if you see Joe, most likely he will have a cowboy hat on, tell him I sent you. He knows me as Magurgle also. I am sure they will give you an invite to the party in Aug. it is a great time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:43:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2006 12:52:14 PM EDT by Magurgle]
The first band starts at 9

Edit: Looks like I will be there, anyone that decides to show up I am the big tall guy with a goatee and glasses. <---kinda like that
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:02:25 PM EDT
Babysitter..........check

Wife in tow..........check

Shower...........check

looks like I'm there......I'll be the ugly guy with glasses and the black leather Marines jacket.....well, one of many ugly dudes, I'm sure.....lol.....look for the leather Marines coat.....anything to help a fellow Devil Dog....SemperFi!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:33:36 PM EDT
I just got back from this event and I haven't had a better time in recent memory.......and for a good great cause...I hope Rick And Mrs Turner get what they deserve........once again, Thanks Marine, and SemperFi!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:25:59 AM EDT
Thanks for stoppin by, I had a great time see all my Cleveland friends, alot of them I haven't seen for almost a year. I'm glad you had a good time also. There was a great turn out and it looks like they raised a good amount for him.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:59:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Magurgle:
Thanks for stoppin by, I had a great time see all my Cleveland friends, alot of them I haven't seen for almost a year. I'm glad you had a good time also. There was a great turn out and it looks like they raised a good amount for him.

I hope so....I saw Rick as I was leaving the place, he was near the door, and he seemed kind of taken aback by the outpouring of support.....I hope he does well in his recovery...and it's nice meeting a fellow ARFcommer finally.......
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:54:29 AM EDT
I'm glad you got to see him, I saw when you posted and thought you might have missed him. IT was nice to meet another arfcommer as well, to bad we could shoot anything But the band with the stand up bass was really fun too
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top