Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/22/2006 3:37:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 3:38:01 PM EDT by SWO_daddy]
A Civlilian Marksmanship Program Rifle Clinic featuring the AR-15 Service Rifle will be held at MRPC on May 13th from 8 AM to 3 PM. Shooters must bring appropriate eye and hearing protection. Registration is limited to 20 shooters. The club will provide (4) AR-15 rifles on a first come-first served basis to those who do not have an AR-15 but still wish to participate.

Cost is $5 for MPRC members and $20 for non-members.

As an option, shooters may bring their own AR-15. The club will supply 223 Remington ammunition.

If participants with to bring and shoot their own M1, M14/M1A, or M1 Carbine, they will need to also bring 60 rounds of the proper ammunition.

The club will provide shooting jackets, mats, and hearing protection. Please bring a bag lunch.

To register please provide name, address, date of birth, and whether you are a club member or not to: Michael Voto at 513-625-0933 or outdoorskillsohio@hotmail.com

Miami Rifle & Pistol Club
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:47:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 3:48:11 PM EDT by bobert1]
Question???
What kind of info will be covered. Will a shooter with prior military experience (USMC Expert X 4 yrs) benefit from the class??? I have shot at MRPC many times for USPSA and think it is a great club.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:53:27 PM EDT
I don't know what will be covered, as I have never attended one. I am a self taught highpower shooter.

I suspect that if you qualified expert in the Marines several times, then you know how to use a sling, how to run targets, how to assume a stable prone, standing, sitting, and kneeling position, how to zero your rifle, and how to adjust your sights for windage and elevation, which is most of what I think will be covered.

I was going to volunteer as an instructor, but I'll be at Camp Perry at the state service rifle championship.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:55:41 PM EDT
Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for a Garand Clinic on this side of the state.

IIRC Garand clinics are about 5 or 6 hours long and cover basic safety, operation of the Garand, and an opportunity to fire 50-60 rounds. Quick way to fufill the requirements of buying from the CMP.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:47:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By blkbeard:
Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for a Garand Clinic on this side of the state.

IIRC Garand clinics are about 5 or 6 hours long and cover basic safety, operation of the Garand, and an opportunity to fire 50-60 rounds. Quick way to fufill the requirements of buying from the CMP.

This is actually a service rifle clinic. Same thing you have described as a Garand Clinic, but the emphasis is on today's service rifle. Still, if you want to bring a Garand or M14 clone, you are welcome.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:01:24 PM EDT
If someone there can get my oprod off my M1A, I'd show up for that reason alone.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:58:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By agillig:
If someone there can get my oprod off my M1A, I'd show up for that reason alone.

Does your rifle work? Then shoot it!

I bet someone there knows how to get that off.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:41:19 PM EDT
Oh, it works alright. I just can't stand the fact I can't break the rifle down far enough to make simple repairs or replacements. Especially with all the hubub about M1A's needing replacements with USGI parts.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top