Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 3:29:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 3:30:27 AM EDT by Squid1]
What do you guys do if you have your piece in an IWB holster and you have to drive your car? Do you just put it on your lap or some shit? I gotta know this stuff before I come back home to visit my fam. I live in Va now were we don't have to deal with this silly stuff. I guess the law makers in Oh want you to be able to get to your weapon faster when you are in your vehicle.h.gif
Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:48:19 AM EDT
The way it was told to me by my instructor is, "It has to be ON your person, IN a holster". I asked if I could have it in a holster, Laying on my lap. He said that would not be "on your person". So what I do, is I have a thigh holster that I keep in the car. I connect it around my leg and put my handgun in it. It’s "on my person" and "in plain sight". Keep in mind, I am not a layer. This is just what one instructor has said.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:04:58 AM EDT
My solution is to pull my coat/shirt back to where the butt can been seen. When I get out of the vehicle, I let the garment fall back down over it. Agreed - Stupid rule but one that the anti's added to "poison" the legislation allowing concealed carry.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:05:16 AM EDT
2 easy options:

1. Buy an elcheapo Uncle Mike's holster. Have it in the car, when you get in the car transition from the IWB to the uncle mikes (clipped on your belt or whatever), then back in the IWB when you exit the car.

2. Tuck your shirt in behind the IWB when you're in the vehicle, so that the gun can easily be seen.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:06:33 AM EDT
First, I hope the recently introduced legislature makes it into law and does away with this stupid part of our CHL law.

I really like this particular holster. It is called the "carjacker crossdraw" from Andrews custom leather. It is really easy to put on and take off, even while seaten in the car, and even iff you're 50lbs overweight like I am

I keep it in my center console until I need it. Actually, if you spend long periods of time sitting, cross draw is the best way to carry.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:50:36 AM EDT
I tuck my concealment garment behind the gun while in the car and re-conceal as I'm exiting the vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:54:54 AM EDT
I use an IWB holster between my right hip and back pocket. Even if I tuck my shirt or jacket back over it, it is almost impossible to see from any window. I'm afraid a police officer in a bad mood would have a field day with it. So, I keep it in plain sight. I'm sure thr truckers like to look down into my vehickle and see a pistol in my lap.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:18:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CZ-75Jeff:
I'm sure thr truckers like to look down into my vehickle and see a pistol in my lap.

Trust me, most truckers are happy to look down into your car and not see, um, "other things" you could be doing.

My dad and brother were both truckers, and this is an occupational hazard.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top