Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/19/2006 8:17:26 AM EDT
Working in Iraq on convoys at night and we have to stop on the road due to IED's being cleared, we are told to keep watch.  Well it's pitch black so maybe you can see 15 yrds or so.  Has anyone tried and liked the Yukon brand or the Night Owl.  These seem to be the most popular on the net.  Any input would be a help.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#1]
grainy.. and all gen 1's has a "burnt out time" on the tube..  IE:.. the more you use it the fast you cant see anything.. i had 1 for 1 year.. just to play with it,, after a year, i noticed it geting darker and darker.. i sold it fast..
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:44:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Working in Iraq on convoys at night and we have to stop on the road due to IED's being cleared, we are told to keep watch.  Well it's pitch black so maybe you can see 15 yrds or so.  Has anyone tried and liked the Yukon brand or the Night Owl.  These seem to be the most popular on the net.  Any input would be a help.

Your telling me they won't issue you some gen3 NVDs? WTF are those dumbasses in DC using all my money for?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:01:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Issue us GEN 3 night vision.  Nope.  Hell we're lucky if the all the trucks have ballistic door panels.  Sometimes you side door protection consist of a case of water or MRE's placed on the passenger seat.  We do have level 4 body armor though.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top