Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/17/2006 3:54:08 PM EDT
Which is more important to you, when and where you shop ?

I'm conducting an informal survey.
Thanks.

Feel free to add other variables, such as price, attitude, convenience, etc.

-John
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:11:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll leave the other variables alone for now, to speak on the behalf of customer service! I do my own product research, and most always know exactly what I want or what I'm getting myself into when I go shopping. Outside of PRICE....for me it's Customer Service!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll second what car15man said. I usually know what I want before I go get it. Id say a little of both qualities would be good. You'll get some who know what they want and some that need help making a purchase decision.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Stopped at Olde English on way home from work,  fella there was grabbing some Brown Bear 7.62x39, and talking to sales fella, asks fella if he has a magnet so he can check ot see if the Brown Bear is steel core....  

UHHHH,  Russian ammo is steel jacketed with copper plate/wash.. magnet not going to do anything for you.   He puts the ammo back.   Steel core 7.62x39 been cut off  back in 1993.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:43:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Both kinda go hand to hand. I will not buy an item from someone who doesn't own one, or have have at the very least have used it. I'll put up with a dickhead owner/seller, I went Springfield Ford in 02, looking for  a vehicle, the salesman was driving a 1995 Saturn (his car), he talked it up so well I left and got a used one from a dealer in Urbana.(alternator and radiator flush not bad for a car I've put 60,000+miles on for $4500 and 65,000 miles when I got it)
Same thing from Vandalia Armory salesman talked up the Springfield 1911-A1 so much,and didn't have one on hand  I went OE and bought one no complaints  so far after over 800 rounds.Actually when that cute blonde smiled at me I bought it(I looked like Homer Simpson drooling over a doughnut), followed quickly by a swift kick in the ass by the wife.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:03:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Service, definately.  I usually know more about the products than the sales people do by the time I walk into a store.  Even then though the best service to me is just to get out of the way and let me get my own stuff.  Friendly converstation is always a plus, when applied at the correct time and is actually useful.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:19:49 AM EDT
[#6]
For me it's a recipe of things. I find myself happiest with a business that does the little things right, like greeting you when you are in their store, knowing their product line, treating you like you're important (even if you're not spending a fortune), and service after the sale means alot too.

Price matters, a great deal, but I know of plenty of places with cheap products that I won't shop with because their customer service skills suck *cough*LegalTransfers*cough*.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top