Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/17/2006 3:54:08 PM EDT
Which is more important to you, when and where you shop ?

I'm conducting an informal survey.
Thanks.

Feel free to add other variables, such as price, attitude, convenience, etc.

-John
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:11:06 PM EDT
I'll leave the other variables alone for now, to speak on the behalf of customer service! I do my own product research, and most always know exactly what I want or what I'm getting myself into when I go shopping. Outside of PRICE....for me it's Customer Service!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:27:03 PM EDT
I'll second what car15man said. I usually know what I want before I go get it. Id say a little of both qualities would be good. You'll get some who know what they want and some that need help making a purchase decision.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:21:19 PM EDT
Stopped at Olde English on way home from work, fella there was grabbing some Brown Bear 7.62x39, and talking to sales fella, asks fella if he has a magnet so he can check ot see if the Brown Bear is steel core....

UHHHH, Russian ammo is steel jacketed with copper plate/wash.. magnet not going to do anything for you. He puts the ammo back. Steel core 7.62x39 been cut off back in 1993.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:43:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2006 4:44:48 AM EDT by predator611]
Both kinda go hand to hand. I will not buy an item from someone who doesn't own one, or have have at the very least have used it. I'll put up with a dickhead owner/seller, I went Springfield Ford in 02, looking for a vehicle, the salesman was driving a 1995 Saturn (his car), he talked it up so well I left and got a used one from a dealer in Urbana.(alternator and radiator flush not bad for a car I've put 60,000+miles on for $4500 and 65,000 miles when I got it)
Same thing from Vandalia Armory salesman talked up the Springfield 1911-A1 so much,and didn't have one on hand I went OE and bought one no complaints so far after over 800 rounds.Actually when that cute blonde smiled at me I bought it(I looked like Homer Simpson drooling over a doughnut), followed quickly by a swift kick in the ass by the wife.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:03:23 AM EDT
Service, definately. I usually know more about the products than the sales people do by the time I walk into a store. Even then though the best service to me is just to get out of the way and let me get my own stuff. Friendly converstation is always a plus, when applied at the correct time and is actually useful.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:19:49 AM EDT
For me it's a recipe of things. I find myself happiest with a business that does the little things right, like greeting you when you are in their store, knowing their product line, treating you like you're important (even if you're not spending a fortune), and service after the sale means alot too.

Price matters, a great deal, but I know of plenty of places with cheap products that I won't shop with because their customer service skills suck *cough*LegalTransfers*cough*.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top