Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/17/2006 12:43:55 PM EDT
The third annual .308 Challenge is at Thunder Valley Rifle Club.

The club is close to Coschocton ,Ohio.That match is a good time. It is also a practice day for the range members.One could see some precision Benchrest rifles,and probably get some good advice from fellow shooters.

It is really a learning experience for me every time I go there.

Date : March 25,2006
Practice Date : March 24,2006
Course of Fire:2-1000 Yard and 2-600 Yard  Targets --4 Target Agg.
Caliber : .308 Winchester  ONLY
Sights : Any
Rifle : Any
Ammunition Needed : 20 Rounds needed for match.  Five rounds per target. (bring extra ammo)
Cost : $80.00  (Juniors $40.00)

Winners will receive entry fees back and bragging rights.

For Contact Info;

Tom Sarver
[email protected]
(740)545 5002

Van
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds cool but it may be a bit much for my 16" SA. I don't see, no pun intended, my 3x magnifier working so well at 1k yards.
Good luck to all the folks that shoot. Wish I could be one of them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thunder Valley Rifle Club

New website address:http://www.ohio1000yd.com/index.html

The .308 Challenge is listed there.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:08:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds cool, but none of my .308's are setup for precision distance. Doubt my L1A1 is going to compete with a long range rig sporting 40x magnification.

I have long range platforms, but not in .308.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds cool, but none of my .308's are setup for precision distance. Doubt my L1A1 is going to compete with a long range rig sporting 40x magnification.

I have long range platforms, but not in .308.

swingset-I'll be using a fixed 10 power scope.I think my son will be using an 8x-25x scope.
The first year I shot 1K I was using an AR10 with a fixed 10x scope.I couldn't see .30 cal bullet holes @ 1000 yards anyway.I could see the "bullet splash" in the lower and upper banks just fine.

Today the owner and I were standind there looking a the 600 yard line talking about having a 600 yard AR15 match. Any sight,Any AR15 platform.
Think about it.......carbines,SPRs,varmint rigs.Scoped,even open sights.

I'll shoot it with open sights.

If not shooting the .308 match,stop out anyway.You'll be glad you did.Bring some of those long range rifles.Even sign up to be a member.Read CHEAP.

What do you shoot(long range)?

Send a PM,IM whatever.For more details.

Van  
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top