Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/4/2006 10:18:26 AM EDT
 so i go over to huber heights ohio to get a burger around 1300 hours.  its nice and sunny. well a patrol car pulls in behind me and hits his reds and does a big u turn. he is going some place else thank god.  i stop in to get my burger and a big large car almost hits me as they go flying out of the parking lot. i had to jump up on the side walk to not get hit.  i go in to get my burger. the waitress runs my money through some new machine to make sure its not fake. im thinking they dont do this in centerville or oakwood. this is not a good sign.  the manager barks at the next guy in line ya bud. i dont remember ya bud in any corporate manuals on how to greet guest but, any way. i am watching the next two customers because they look way way to street for me. i mean you wouldnt want to turn your backs on these two because they look that rough.  i walk back out. looking to make sure there are no more big cars flying threw the parking lot. i notice alot of cars with broke out rear side windows with plastic over them.  most car thiefs i understand break out the rear side window.  so i get out of there. then one mile down the road i see a police officer making a traffic stop on a narrow river road. i pass him and all i can think is my how this town has changed.  i need to move farther north. i like things slower. any body else noticing there towns changing?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#1]
The job i have takes me through Huber-briar heights!...  Over the past few years it has went down the shitter!....

THats why I love liviing way out in Preble county..... its mostly a farming community, with a fairly low crime rate.

I could not standing living in a big city....... If i had my way.. I would be living way back in the hills of kentucky.... where my closest neighbor was 5-10 miles away.. but thats just me...  I dont like crowds, or bigger citys..

colt!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#2]
That's why I like the area between Troy and Tipp.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
 so i go over to huber heights ohio to get a burger around 1300 hours.  its nice and sunny. well a patrol car pulls in behind me and hits his reds and does a big u turn. he is going some place else thank god.  i stop in to get my burger and a big large car almost hits me as they go flying out of the parking lot. i had to jump up on the side walk to not get hit.  i go in to get my burger. the waitress runs my money through some new machine to make sure its not fake. im thinking they dont do this in centerville or oakwood. this is not a good sign.  the manager barks at the next guy in line ya bud. i dont remember ya bud in any corporate manuals on how to greet guest but, any way. i am watching the next two customers because they look way way to street for me. i mean you wouldnt want to turn your backs on these two because they look that rough.  i walk back out. looking to make sure there are no more big cars flying threw the parking lot. i notice alot of cars with broke out rear side windows with plastic over them.  most car thiefs i understand break out the rear side window.  so i get out of there. then one mile down the road i see a police officer making a traffic stop on a narrow river road. i pass him and all i can think is my how this town has changed.  i need to move farther north. i like things slower. any body else noticing there towns changing?

Last summer, two establishments down the street, (about a 1/2mile), got robbed. One was a jewelry store, and the other was a Chinese take out joint. In each case the employees were bound, and then the place was robbed. They got the guys doing the Chinese joints. There was a pattern in the area, and the cops figured out their game, and busted them. The jewelry heisters are still out there. Neither place had video surveillance. Now the jewelry store left town, well, at least that plaza. But the Chinese folks didn't give up that easily. I think they have a few pistols under the counter now......and I live in a "nice community"......houses run from $100k all the way up to almost $1million.....so much for "the grass is always greener".....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 head...they will find you no matter where you live, brother
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a Dayton Police officer in the 5th district.  I've noticed a lot more plates in drug areas coming back to Huber... Not good since most cops live in the Quail Hollow area.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Lifetime Vandalia resident here.  I feel your pain brother.  I don't do much in HH if I can help it but things are gettin tough all over.  I've seen things in my town in the last couple of years that I'd never thought possible.  Growing up the worst we saw was the local waterhead walking down the street talking to himself.  Might be time to move further north.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:42:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm a Dayton Police officer in the 5th district.  I've noticed a lot more plates in drug areas coming back to Huber... Not good since most cops live in the Quail Hollow area.

Stay Safe, Agillig!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:23:12 AM EDT
[#8]
My Ex wife live in HH.  Now the area of Columbus I live in is by no means the safest and most clean ( right on the Cbus Reynoldsburgn border) but it is better then HH. Hopefly the courts will see this when I go in for my custody haring in a few months.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I moved from a small town (Urbana) to a smaller one (Saint Paris). Urbana wasn't really at all that bad until they switched Police Chiefs 3 times in 7 years,each one was less and less gun friendly.    
They took down stop signs then put up red lights,  then turned around and took down the red lights and put up 25 more stop signs. Then blew the rest of town budget redecorating downtown and had to borrow from the county. (You can put sugar on top of shit to make it sweet, but you'll still be eating shit) They brung in big city cops to town of less than 17,000, and layoff 25+ Deputies. (see the above items in bold)
They turn around and forgive $200,000 loan to a place a the city council president was a co-owner of. No vote to the people of city, the council just forgave the loan. All I've got say about that is if I took a business loan from the city, you best believe they'd put me in the poor house if I couldn't repay.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Predator, are you in St. Paris or outside of town, I'm in Rosewood just north of you.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:18:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Inside of town, we couldn't find a place in the country where they didn't want an arm and leg for it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#12]
saint paris....... now thats a small town!..... 1 stop light .  I know it well The company i work for services the "road dog " we do thier cash drops an pick up....

seems like a nice small town ....

colt!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I didn't know Huber-tucky was going down that quickly.  I grew up in the Vandalia-Butler area and was in  the 'tucky a lot.  Makes me sad...

To the 5th dist PO-leese mans,  I got to spend 1.5 hrs at Lexington/Vernon last Thursday at 22:30!  I work in the RTA garage and we had a bus run out of fuel.  That was not an experience I want to repeat any time soon.  We only saw one grocery bag exchange hands though.  I supose it's worse when it's warmer than 32 degrees.....I thank you for your service, Sir....1*.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The job i have takes me through Huber-briar heights!...  Over the past few years it has went down the shitter!....

THats why I love liviing way out in Preble county..... its mostly a farming community, with a fairly low crime rate.

I could not standing living in a big city....... If i had my way.. I would be living way back in the hills of kentucky.... where my closest neighbor was 5-10 miles away.. but thats just me...  I dont like crowds, or bigger citys..

colt!

i am like colt, give me the country any day........

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I didn't know Huber-tucky was going down that quickly.  I grew up in the Vandalia-Butler area and was in  the 'tucky a lot.  Make me sad...

To the 5th dist PO-leese mans,  I got to spend 1.5 hrs at Lexington/Vermont last Thursday at 22:30!  I work in the RTA garage and we had a bus run out of fuel.  That was not an experience I want to repeat any time soon.  We only saw one grocery bag exchange hands though.  I supose it's worse when it's warmer than 32 degrees.....I thank you for your service, Sir....1*.

And I thank you for your kind words.  With all the drama going on in the city, its the good people that make it worthwhile to get out of bed everyday.

You ought to drive through Lexington/Rosedale, and cruise down Ravenwood when its about 95 degrees outside.  I'm convinced that if the city gave everyone free air conditioners, we'd see crime cut in half!

I think in general, we've seen a downturn in crime in Dayton.  It seems like 2003 was the worst year since I've been on.  I can remember going home and there were 15 or so calls pending in D5 alone.  We still have our spasms of violence and general insanity, but for the most part, it seems like its eased up a little bit.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top