Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:14:56 AM EDT
I haven't gone to one in forever so I think I might go straight to that one Saturday morning after work if it opens early enough.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:02:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 6:03:13 AM EDT by car15man]
9:00 Am Bro...
8:45 if you wanna buy guns from the guys in line...Most of the time I go just for that glorious 15 min. All the people want to unload the stuff they brought, to have a little cash for inside. Last Berea show, from 8:45 to 9:15..I bought a NIB glock 19, a mossberg 590, and a Bushmaster Carbon 15 rifle, all for $1050.00........only had enough money left for a hot dog. lol
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:53:32 AM EDT
when is the next Berea ?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:28:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 7:29:06 AM EDT by car15man]
Pretty sure it is March 18-19 Have to check the flyer when I get home.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:37:58 AM EDT
Berea this weekend the 4+5th
Medina 18 +19th
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:05:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By car15man:
9:00 Am Bro...
8:45 if you wanna buy guns from the guys in line...Most of the time I go just for that glorious 15 min. All the people want to unload the stuff they brought, to have a little cash for inside. Last Berea show, from 8:45 to 9:15..I bought a NIB glock 19, a mossberg 590, and a Bushmaster Carbon 15 rifle, all for $1050.00........only had enough money left for a hot dog. lol

damn.....The Car15 would've cost that much new......sounds like you did well, neighbor.........I'll be there at 9ish.....probably just for some AR parts and mags........I'd like to get a .380 for the wife, but I'm not sure of the cash I'll have onhand.....hopefully, a few hundred.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:08:22 PM EDT
hey Head check this out...no matter what anyone tells you, the Bersa is sweet! I have a CZ 83 personally( I am a CZ fanatic), and my old lady has the bersa. That damn 200 dolla Bersa, shoots the same damn groups that my CZ shoots and I believe she has about 650-700 rounds thru it now...NEVER a problem...Not one. Look for one of those.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:10:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tread1:
Berea this weekend the 4+5th
Medina 18 +19th

Hey Tread...thanks for fixin my screw up. I should check my facts before I bark!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:17:58 PM EDT

hey Head check this out...no matter what anyone tells you, the Bersa is sweet! I have a CZ 83 personally( I am a CZ fanatic), and my old lady has the bersa. That damn 200 dolla Bersa, shoots the same damn groups that my CZ shoots and I believe she has about 650-700 rounds thru it now...NEVER a problem...Not one. Look for one of those.

I hear noting but good things about SIG .380s also......
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:44:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 4:45:53 PM EDT by car15man]
You know what Head...short story...I rented the Sig .380 up at stonewall. This was before I got the CZ and was looking. I throw him the 7 bucks or whatever to rent the gun, grab a box of S&B ammo, and started poppin. Turned out to shoot pretty good(at the time I thought it shot amazing, because my only other .380 expierience was with my old AMT backup) A week later I shoot my pop's brand new CZ. The CZ actioned smoother...less muzzle flip...and about a 2" tighter group than the Sig (same ammo). Needless to say Dad's CZ is now car15man's CZ!! For the money I really suggest the CZ. I am still suprised to this day, that CZ's are still the most accurate, quality, reliable line of guns that no one talks about. I bought a 75B about 4 years ago, and I shit you not..I gotta have at least 9000 rounds thru that Mother*#$ker...never so much as a hiccup!
Check'em out
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:04:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:18:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Slash:
Does anyone know if they will have all of the buildings open at Berea this weekend?

No it will be a 2 building,shoehorn people in,BO show.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:32:33 AM EDT

You know what Head...short story...I rented the Sig .380 up at stonewall. This was before I got the CZ and was looking. I throw him the 7 bucks or whatever to rent the gun, grab a box of S&B ammo, and started poppin. Turned out to shoot pretty good(at the time I thought it shot amazing, because my only other .380 expierience was with my old AMT backup) A week later I shoot my pop's brand new CZ. The CZ actioned smoother...less muzzle flip...and about a 2" tighter group than the Sig (same ammo). Needless to say Dad's CZ is now car15man's CZ!! For the money I really suggest the CZ. I am still suprised to this day, that CZ's are still the most accurate, quality, reliable line of guns that no one talks about. I bought a 75B about 4 years ago, and I shit you not..I gotta have at least 9000 rounds thru that Mother*#$ker...never so much as a hiccup!
Check'em out

Will do.......also, If I can't find a .380, do you think I might find a worthy shotgun for around $200?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:30:15 AM EDT
Shotguns under 200 are easy..just depends on what kind you need..you know..for what purpose.
If you want like some kind of home defense style pump...count on it!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:02:15 PM EDT

Shotguns under 200 are easy..just depends on what kind you need..you know..for what purpose.
If you want like some kind of home defense style pump...count on it!

Sweet!!!....that'll be what I'm looking for.....and I'm thinking I'll have about $200-250....so maybe I can get me a 12ga pump, and maybe some extra mags and followers for the AR.....I'll have to see what the prices are......I'm always like a kid in a candy store when I go to these things............and will I have to pay admission for my 11yr old son?...It'll be his first show......(his mom's gonna kick my ass )..........she'll get over it..........shit, I took my 7yr old daughter to Berea last June......she LOVED it.......
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:30:51 PM EDT
Yeah Head...I'm guessin' hell need the 5 bones to get in. They usually let Daddy's little girls like ours get in for free, but an 11 year old boy might have to pay up.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:28:17 PM EDT

Yeah Head...I'm guessin' hell need the 5 bones to get in. They usually let Daddy's little girls like ours get in for free, but an 11 year old boy might have to pay up.

that's cool........Millertime85 is supposed to meet me there......he's an Ohio ARFcommer too.......you going Saturday morning?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:14:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 6:20:32 PM EDT by car15man]
Saturday morning my man! Bringin my uncle..he has a world of stuff to sell
Mossy 12 ga...M1Garand..Smith 44...Ruger MkII slabside target..Rossi 38..Bushmaster with 24" upper...just to name a friggin few
I'm sure I'll be helping him lug that crap around..GREAT! lol

ETA: Holy Shit your Birthday...Sweet
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:41:18 PM EDT

Saturday morning my man! Bringin my uncle..he has a world of stuff to sell
Mossy 12 ga...M1Garand..Smith 44...Ruger MkII slabside target..Rossi 38..Bushmaster with 24" upper...just to name a friggin few
I'm sure I'll be helping him lug that crap around..GREAT! lol

ETA: Holy Shit your Birthday...Sweet

dang...wish I had more to spend for that Bushie!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:15:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 8:06:25 PM EDT by car15man]
dont worry...just talked to him and its already gone!...one less thing to tote saturday.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:53:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:34:12 AM EDT
I may just have to go as well to pick up some more 7.62 ammo and some more magazines for the AR and AK.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:48:55 AM EDT
Well that place was pretty over packed. I did leave with a converted saiga 20 & a bushmaster lower so I'm happy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:25:17 AM EDT
OH MY GOD, Hunter...that place was NUTS to BUTTS.....too many people.....must have been a slow weekend with nothing else to do around Cleveland.....Would it kill them to expand it to 3 or 4 buildings with some wider aisles? Spread it out a bit.....give us all a little breathing room.....I was there from 9:15-about 10:30.....I left with some 30 round AR mags, some new magpul followers, a new Hogue grip for the AR, and 300 rounds of M855 ammo.....all for $75.00.....not too shabby, I think.....I love the shows, but jeez.....give us some room!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:32:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:09:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
OH MY GOD, Hunter...that place was NUTS to BUTTS.....too many people.....must have been a slow weekend with nothing else to do around Cleveland.....Would it kill them to expand it to 3 or 4 buildings with some wider aisles? Spread it out a bit.....give us all a little breathing room.....I was there from 9:15-about 10:30.....I left with some 30 round AR mags, some new magpul followers, a new Hogue grip for the AR, and 300 rounds of M855 ammo.....all for $75.00.....not too shabby, I think.....I love the shows, but jeez.....give us some room!!

Usually I am out 50 bucks for dinner and a movie to get rubbed up on like that! Fuck!!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:44:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shotar:
Its still winter time. Those are the only two heated buildings and the rest are rented out for vehicle storage. The summer Berea show is much larger and much better.

Real men don't need heat......we dress warmly!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:46:34 PM EDT

Usually I am out 50 bucks for dinner and a movie to get rubbed up on like that! Fuck!!!!

I agree, Chris....there are a lot of people that I know and like who I wouldn't let get that close to me.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:32:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 2:32:33 PM EDT by car15man]
After I was done looking..I wanted to hang out and try and meet you Head..But I was so pissed off by the second building. I threw a smoke in my mouth and stormed out of ther like a man on fire! Because of the tight ass isles and the crowd.. I estimate I got to see about 30% of what was there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:21:51 PM EDT

After I was done looking..I wanted to hang out and try and meet you Head..But I was so pissed off by the second building. I threw a smoke in my mouth and stormed out of ther like a man on fire! Because of the tight ass isles and the crowd.. I estimate I got to see about 30% of what was there.

After I went 'round the first building, I came to the conclusion that there was no way I would be able to just "find" you or Millertime85. Not without a predetermined meeting area and time. That's ok though. The weather is warming up, and we'll have to get some of us local guys, (Cleveland), to meet at a range that's a little closer than Miller's. Maybe Grand River?....I also wrote 'ARF.com' in the salt dust on the back window of my jeep before I went into the show.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:11:36 PM EDT

After I went 'round the first building, I came to the conclusion that there was no way I would be able to just "find" you or Millertime85. Not without a predetermined meeting area and time. That's ok though. The weather is warming up, and we'll have to get some of us local guys, (Cleveland), to meet at a range that's a little closer than Miller's. Maybe Grand River?....I also wrote 'ARF.com' in the salt dust on the back window of my jeep before I went into the show.

that is friggin hilarious...Im down for whatever.we can most definately get a day organized
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:40:58 PM EDT

that is friggin hilarious...Im down for whatever.we can most definately get a day organized

I thought it was funny too.....my buddy was like,"what are you doing?"....I said, "Indentifying myself to other members"......lol.....
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:15:30 AM EDT
Damn that was crazy the 1st building you had just a little room to look around and see stuff but the 2nd there was no way to see anything and some people know that they are going to a place that is going to be packed put some deodorant on ....And I didn't even find anything that I wanted that sucked
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:30:06 AM EDT
hey Saw..I was tempted to meet you up there today...If it was like that again...Im glad the old lady didn't let me out today....lol
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:36:29 AM EDT
Yea it was bad I went looking for a 1911 and was mad that it was so packed and couldn't find one....WE will meet at the next show that funny about your wife mine made me go told me to get out of the house and get away from her lol
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:21:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sawgunner1283:
Yea it was bad I went looking for a 1911 and was mad that it was so packed and couldn't find one....WE will meet at the next show that funny about your wife mine made me go told me to get out of the house and get away from her lol

the problem with the closeness was if someone in front of you stopped to look, YOU HAD TO STOP TOO.....I went there looking for specific items, so it was annoying to wait for room to move around someone who was trying to make a deal....No offense to anyone who was buying....when I went to this show back in June, they did have four buildings, I think........there were wider aisles, and less intimate contact......I've heard that the Medina Show is better in the winter time.....but hey, Knob Creek is in 4 1/2 weeks.......I'm trying to soften up the wife so I can get to that one.....if not this April one, then maybe Knob Creek in October.....but since it's in Kentucky, it might get expensive, (to bribe her)....lol.....
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:41:23 PM EDT

the problem with the closeness was if someone in front of you stopped to look, YOU HAD TO STOP TOO.....I went there looking for specific items, so it was annoying to wait for room to move around someone who was trying to make a deal....No offense to anyone who was buying....when I went to this show back in June, they did have four buildings, I think........there were wider aisles, and less intimate contact......I've heard that the Medina Show is better in the winter time.....but hey, Knob Creek is in 4 1/2 weeks.......I'm trying to soften up the wife so I can get to that one.....if not this April one, then maybe Knob Creek in October.....but since it's in Kentucky, it might get expensive, (to bribe her)....lol.....

ya, jarhead... I knew there was no way I was going to find you... I pretty much gave up... hell, I couldnt even find the people I was there with, when they were only like 6 feet behind me. I was about to start crowd surfing to get to the exit door.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:35:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MillerTime85:

ya, jarhead... I knew there was no way I was going to find you... I pretty much gave up... hell, I couldnt even find the people I was there with, when they were only like 6 feet behind me. I was about to start crowd surfing to get to the exit door.

For a minute, Matt, I tried to find my way to the guy that was selling the Swiss K-31s......then I got crushed in the mob, and thought 'AINT NO WAY'..........my suggestion is that we try to hook up, outside the show, like at the gates, or at Grand River......then we'll be better off........did you find what you wanted , by the way?.....I didn't get a shotgun, the wife said I better buy car insurance first....but I did get a few goodies, so it wasn't a total waste of my $5.!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:57:36 PM EDT
I just waited till 3:30 and walked around like I owned the place. I was just looking for ammo so it didn't matter when I showed up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:57:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By clutchsmoke:
I just waited till 3:30 and walked around like I owned the place. I was just looking for ammo so it didn't matter when I showed up.

So it was pretty dead by 3:30? I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. Although if I waited I probably would have missed getting that converted saiga. Someone tried to buy it from me when I was leaving.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:29:46 AM EDT
Hey Hunter...you keep talkin about that Saiga and someone on here is gunna want to buy it from ya...lol You're breakin my heart.I've been wanting one of those!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:18:40 PM EDT

Hey Hunter...you keep talkin about that Saiga and someone on here is gunna want to buy it from ya...lol You're breakin my heart.I've been wanting one of those!

Yeah I love those saiga shotguns, Ive had a 12 gauge for years. It was pretty lucky to find a already converted 20 gauge at a price that decent.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:27:13 PM EDT
Just plain sweet guns Hunter. Spent a whole afternoon with my Uncle down in Loudonville, just blastin' with the Saiga 20. Must of put 80-100 rounds thru it that day, shreddin crap in front of his backstop. Never one malfunction...period
Wishin' I had one you Summa ma Bitch
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top