Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 8:09:12 AM EDT
Got a chance to hit the range in Logan County yesterday with a friend I haven't seen in 2 years. We're putting on our safety stuff. When he breaks out these $90 wiley safety glasses. I said wow. He showed me the package they came in. He said he could get them all day long at that price and do I want one.
I showed him $9glasses and the package from AO Smith with the case. Told him I'll go as high as $15 for polycarbonate lenses with a good fit, maybe $20 if they come with a case and up to $40 for a set of goggles.
I work with and in the plastics industry. I told and then later showed him polycarbonate material is the same across the board roughly costing 60 cents a pound as a high price for any varying degree of it.
I won't go to deep in polarization now but it's a plastic film put on with electricity rough cost per box of 12 glasses in .10cents. It is cut down on a glare from a right angle. Which if you wear a hat and/or blinders when shooting you really don't need. Yes I did have a a pair of them once but accidentially got ran over and I was out $80. I'm sorry but it's the truth.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:07:26 PM EDT
My $4.99 set of Walmart safety goggles fit really good, and I know for a fact they will stop a heavy piece of .45 shrapnel....from personal experience. I also unloaded a 12guage with birdshot at them (since they were already scratched badly from the shrapnel), and the frame took a beating but the lenses stayed intact.

I bought 3 more pairs just like them, and won't look back.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top