Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 2:23:09 PM EDT
Well, I had a great time.  Met some new folks and hung out with old friends and of course, burned through a whole bunch of ammo!

A lot of folks turned out for Saturday (the only day I attended).  A great thanks to the addition of rules to manage such a crowd, the RO's and especially Brian to go a little bit beyond to put them in place.

Well, here are my pics...I beat the rush!

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish I wouldnt have caught a cold this week. I had planned on attending. Thanks for the pics.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Man I wish I could have come guys, looked like you had fun.

Hopefully ill be able to make it out for the next one...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]
This was my first time at Millers. I though it was a great shooting event. The shooters were friendly and there was a lot of time to shoot. Of course the weather was perfect also.  I plan on returning next year.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Rich,

Wow, thank you! Bravo for taking the time to capture the moment.

Thank you also for letting my shoot your highly accurate 357 Magnum!

I had a great time today.
Cincylance

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:06:50 AM EDT
[#5]
looks like a good time was had by all. Great photos
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#6]
So I finally woke up after driving home at 4am.   Good time was had though I could have used plugs to try to sleep, I've heard quieter teenage slumberparties.  Thanks for sharing the fun toys and a the drunken revelry

Videos of brass dodging and a bumpfired Garand and naturally larger versions of those can be found at http://klene.homedns.org/John's_Pages/Millers_1_21_06.htm

Lets just break the link as I can't seem to get it though my thick skull and Fallschirmjager kindly made it work below
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Great Pics...wish I hadn't gotten called down to Atlanta at the last minute......oh well  hinking.gif    There will be more opportunities to shoot with you fellas, (and ladies).......SemperFi!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Man that was great of course its always fun at millers.  The night time trap shoot was just as fun as the full autos.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Corrected link for tz99
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#10]
pic courtesey of DC.

"lets do this"
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Corrected link for tz99

Thanks!

And I screwed it up again... now to go and fix the stupid structure to get rid of the ' for next time
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#12]
fun was had by all.

the breakfast was especially good.

making it

shakyjake doing his best impression of a spatchula ninja.

Predator86, after downing down the sausage I made.

after telling him he ate my meat.

look to GD, for the breakfast pic :-D
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm not much of a morning person.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Here are a few from the after party. Can you find Waldo?

Several people were using my  camera so I have no responsibility for what you see. There are more...

Bob

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a great time again guys.  What a great day it turned out to be.  Thanks to all who came.  I got some pics a few video's so I will post them soon.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Look, its Mr. Softie
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Look, its Mr. Softie

That's not a prosthetic sexual device, that's the pink bayonet for my wife's rifle. Therefore, it is not a violation of the COC.

Just for clarification.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:08:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Look, its Mr. Softie

That's not a prosthetic sexual device, that's the pink bayonet for my wife's rifle. Therefore, it is not a violation of the COC.

Just for clarification.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:02:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Judy and I would like to thank everyone who came to the shoot. We had a great time. You all made it a FUN and SAFE shoot.
And thanks to all for posting your pix.
See you all at the next one.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:43:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Great pics guys.

First off, many thanks Scott for letting me empty a few mags through your H&Ks, you made a little boys dream come true

It was good seeing the old faces and the new ones, sorry my visit was cut short but there will be plenty time this year to get together.

Thanks Brian for being a great RO, looks like it wqas another successful shoot.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone want to take a guess at the number of rounds fired Saturday?

I made it back to Columbus just in tim to meet my Parents and family for my Mother's birthday dinner.    Of course, my wife had to bring me a change of clothes and I changed and shaved in a parking lot.   She's still mad...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#22]

The only end of a loaded 34 that you want to see.

A well-oiled machinegun is a happy machinegun.  Next time I'll wipe off the excess before picture time.

CincyLance on the Tommy, easily the most recognized subgun in the world still.

A work of art.  I think this should be a poster in my office.

CincyLance on the 34, dialing her in.

Turned out to be a fabulous day.  The safety measures were a welcome and effective improvement.  A very well-run and enjoyable shoot, thanks to everyone involved.  
See ya next time.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Damn nice pics, Randy...or is it just because they're of me???

Thanks for taking the pics. These are going to make nice desktop patterns. The only pics I have of my guns in the field are the ones people give me. Mental note: buy a new camera!

The oil running down the side of your 1919 doesn't bother me a bit--it means it's not a safe queen! Kind of cute in a way, like drool running down the side of a baby's cheek. LOL.

Cincylance

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Good point. The oil makes it look like you arent affraid to shoot a few thousand rounds through it
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#25]
If it is possible to organize a shoot on a non-gunshow weekend, that would be great.  I would love to spend the weekend shooting machine guns with you guys.  Having the store, doing the shows and being the owner, it is hard for me to get out and have some fun shooting.  If this could be done, I would have no problem opening up the inventory of guns with you guys to have fun with.  

Chris Roma
One Shot, Inc.
513-233-0885
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Hopefully I will get some trigger time on a full auto ak.  Bump firing is fun but nothing better then the real thing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
If it is possible to organize a shoot on a non-gunshow weekend, that would be great.  I would love to spend the weekend shooting machine guns with you guys.  Having the store, doing the shows and being the owner, it is hard for me to get out and have some fun shooting.  If this could be done, I would have no problem opening up the inventory of guns with you guys to have fun with.  

Chris Roma
One Shot, Inc.
513-233-0885

Chris, let us know what a good weekend is for you...

ETA:  Oh yeah, the M&P gets a huge thumbs up
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I had a good time.  It was nice meeting some arfcom people!

My buddy is on leave (he's a Marine) from Jan. 28th to Feb. 7th.  We might plan a day to go to Millers.  If anyone wants to meet up w/ us there, let me know.  Not sure what day exactly, I'll know more closer to the end of the month.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like a great time,I will have to make the trip from NE Ohio one of these days
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris Roma
One Shot, Inc.
513-233-0885

Chris, let us know what a good weekend is for you...

ETA:  Oh yeah, the M&P gets a huge thumbs up

oooooooo, yeah!!  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Had a great time Saturday! Great to see everyone again. Thanks to Scott, Jeff, and Bob for the use of their Class 3 toys, especially since it helped me decide on the FNC over the M-16. And thanks to ShakeyJake for taking pics. BTW, when you gonna have the pics up?

On a different note, I was really impressed how well it all went. With a simple range briefing, everything went well, and a great time was had by all. I've seen ranges with 10 times the supervision not operate as well, so hats off to the RO's and organizers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Sally shooting Bobs M16

Me shooting Bobs M16

Sally getting an introduction to the 1919

Me shooting the G36

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#34]
What is the suppressor on the 9mm CAR 15 ? It was really quiet.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:07:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Believe it or not, it is a Coastal. He turns them out sporadically. My dealer may have one if you want me to check. It made my MAC11/9 pretty quiet but it made the M16 REALLY quiet.

I have some video I will post later and maybe a few more pics off of Judy's new camera.

Bob
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Good Action Photo DC, you caught two pieces of Brass in the air.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Man, I brought my camera and - as always - I forgot that I had it.

More pics!!! Somebody got a pic of me with one of my AR's and Bob's M16, if I'm not mistaken. Post 'em if ya got em!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Guys, Sorry we could not make it. I showed Sherry the pics and she said she wished we could have come. I think she has the "shooting bug," (at least a little) I did take her to her first gunshow sunday!
We will make it to Millers in the near future!
(Good looking "pink rifle" Craig!)
Just a Heads up. I'm moving most of my stuff, becoming a little more "genteel" (proly be carrying a"mouse gun" before it's over) Search the EE under "stuf"(spelled it that way so it would be easy to find) There are a few things I'd like to see "friends" other than strangers get, but I got to move it. I just have too much "stuf"(and too little cash!)

(Good thing about Tennessee, they are ok on title 2 stuff)

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

That's cool, but I'm not sure if it was Chuck or the other guy, but one of them managed to catch four in mine

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

www.hunt101.com/watermark.php?file=500/13831JM_G36K-med.jpg

thanks, scott--i had to get hit with it to get the shot, but it was worth it  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

That's cool, but I'm not sure if it was Chuck or the other guy, but one of them managed to catch four in mine

Yeah, that was me. Glad that pic turned out well, took 3 tries! Oh yeah, and it was a "Fairbairn Sykes" dagger on that shirt. I was thinking of the Applegate-Fairbairn fighting knife.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:02:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Fallschirmjager on the G36 video here
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#43]
ShakeyJake, my son is in awe...

Thanks for the excellent pics and the video!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Nice vid of ya there man. And thanks again for the K31. I love it and I showed my father that gun and he really likes it as well.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top