Anyone going?
How good is it?
any scams I should watch out for?
What stuff is thier?
It is my first gun show and wanted to get some info on it before I go
thanks
Icon
edit:
I am going on the 22, be their about 9:30 I will be wearing a grey corona beer shirt, I will look like a billboard, please say hi
Icon
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Medina is a good show to attend for your first one.  The aisles are a little narrower than other local shows, but there is a lot to see. I'll be going there probably Saturday and will have a couple guns for sale.

If it's your first show, I'll give you the same advice I got before my first show. Don't be in a hurry to buy anything. Compare, compare, compare. Do some research before you go so you know what a gun is worth, or how much ammo costs. There are definitely good deals to be found at every gun show, but there is also a lot of overpriced merchandise for sale. If you're interested in a particular firearm, walk the entire show to see if you find two or more of them. Again, compare and get the best deal you can.

Maybe I'll see you there.

-Dave

(Just visiting from The Firing Line)
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there Saturday with my girl friend, I cant believe she actually wants to go with me!! Definite keeper
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:18:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I live 2 miles from the show and go every month.  I have a couple friends who come over from PA to attend.  It's a nice show, some months better then others.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you have shopping targets, we can steer to vendors with better odds than others. I always take a crib sheet of key items and prices. Medina and Berea are the best in NE OH.

cheap scope 3-9 or 4-12 about 150$
50 cal cans
ammo boxes for .223, and .45
reloading supplys, bullets, primers, powders
I also want to sell a fornt sight base from my AR, and an A3 handle, also from my AR
thanks
Icon
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone going?
How good is it?
any scams I should watch out for?
What stuff is thier?
It is my first gun show and wanted to get some info on it before I go
thanks
Icon

yes
great
no
u name it
bring cash, look threw the entire show, before u buy anything, u might find it 2 tables down cheaper..
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

PS- Berea this weekend ohiogunshows.com has many of the same dealers

How is the Berea show? I have never been there. I'm looking to pick up an AK soon and the money is burning a hole in mt pocket. Is it as crowed as the Medina show? Any good tables worth mentioning that are not at the Medina or Summitt shows?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:29:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:50:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Medina is a good show to attend for your first one.  The aisles are a little narrower than other local shows, but there is a lot to see. I'll be going there probably Saturday and will have a couple guns for sale.

If it's your first show, I'll give you the same advice I got before my first show. Don't be in a hurry to buy anything. Compare, compare, compare. Do some research before you go so you know what a gun is worth, or how much ammo costs. There are definitely good deals to be found at every gun show, but there is also a lot of overpriced merchandise for sale. If you're interested in a particular firearm, walk the entire show to see if you find two or more of them. Again, compare and get the best deal you can.

Maybe I'll see you there.

-Dave

(Just visiting from The Firing Line)

Man, the Neighborhood just went downhill.

Dave,  call me and we'll do breakfast before the show.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I may try to make it to the berea show this weekend, pending on time.  I'd like to get some ammo for my newly acquired AK.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I will be going...driving in from Sandusky.
Its a great gun show.
Plan an a good couple hours to see every thing.
Have fun.
Medic 0372
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I will be there Sat. around 9 or 10 Its funny I have gone there a few times since I have become a member to meet up with some AR15 people but never have I went up to one guy that I thought was a member here and said Hi that I was Frank From ar15.com aka sawgunner1283 I think I scared him because he walked away really fast ....That place gets so packed it is hard to stay in one place to meet other members ...What to do?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Me, my son, and a couple buddies from PA will be there Saturday around 11:00.  We usually check out the tables, head up the road for lunch at The Roadside in Lafayette and back in the afternoon to spend money.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I HOPE the medina show this weekend, turns out better than berea's was yesterday!
CRAP
I hate in the winter when they only have the 2 buildings open. It always seems the good vendors get turned away, because there are no tables, all in favor for the people taking up space selling Jerky and socks!

OH WELL
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Can some one give me directions please? I will be taking 18 to 57 into Medina. I have never been there before. I will be coming saturday morning.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I will be there Sat am.My son who is just back from Iraq wants a 92FS so if anyone has one that they are wanting to sell let me know.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Hope to meet some of you guys there .....myself and oxfordpony will be there aroun 930 or 1000...see you there
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#20]
WoW  That place was packed .....you couldn't even look around at anything ...Still didn't meet any AR15 guys ...maybe next time
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I think packed is a big understatement ! I got there early and stood in line to get in. I did find a few things I wanted. I got 2 Makarov mags, a m-38 mosin nagant, a m-44 mosin nagant , 960 rounds of 7.62 x 54r for the nagants and 3 30 round mags for the AK`s
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#22]
i was there today, we got there about 9:45 and had to wait in line and it just got busier.

i'm trying to find a match grade ar to buy,  there were a few ar's i found that i was interested in but no one knew anything about the guns.

i may go back tommorow, if i do i'll probably be wearing a navy hat it's blue with yellow letters.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I was all set to go, but then when this weekend rolled around I didnt feel like fighting the crowds. Good thing I just stayed home. I didn't spend any money this way.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Are we talking about the Medina show?   I wnt yesterdat afternoon and back this afternoon.   I dont know if I would call it packed?   I think as I see in most areas the guns where pretty sad.   I went looking for a Mak90 or a Maadi and came home empty.   Looked at 2 Maadis, both where messed up and the 1 Mak90 was $500, HEHE not!!

Lots of brand new never fired Aks that where filthy and rusty.     Well Im sad.

We did see a P90.   But at $1400 I dragged my drooling 8 year old back on my quest for a $300-$400 AK.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:34:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes...medina was packed in the morning on Sat.  There were times that you could NOT walk around.  It cleared out around noon.

I got me a Yugo SKS.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:46:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Did anyone see the 2 fellas on the front wall to the right of the door who where selling new AK undefolders.  I think the said thier name was Black Water Arms?   Anyone know who Im talking about?
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top