Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/20/2005 9:33:49 AM EDT
...I want to bring my toys. I posted over on the sig forums but also wanted to get some input here as well. I am looking to move to the Columbus area within the next 6 months. I would prefere to take my toys with me and was wondering if there is a map of the areas infected by the AWB. That way I can avoid them when house shopping. TIA.

Jeff

PS Also, if you know of any good IT jobs give me a heads up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:46:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 9:47:21 AM EDT by Chokey]
Corporation Limits of Columbus is under then ban. If you live within a township that is within the city, that is OK though. We have engineer offices around Franklin County that have free maps of the county.

ETA: What type of IT work do you do?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:34:07 AM EDT
I will stop and pick up a map the next time I am over there.

As far as IT work... I am the director of IT right now at a small local college north of Dayton. I was asked to take the postion after I got my masters about a year ago. Before that I was a network admin. We are around an 900 PC shop with 2 campuses. Let me know if you have any leads. I can be contacted at jeffcollett@hotmail.com.

Jeff
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:40:53 PM EDT
stateofohiojobs.com

click on the IT radio button
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:33:10 AM EDT
What are the "Corporation Limits" of Columbus? I'm still trying to figure this our for myself and I already live here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:43:45 AM EDT
Most of Franklin County is either:

Columbus
Suburb
Township
In the map below, you can see white bubbles where a township exists. For example, Vances Shooters Supply (On Cleveland Ave and Cooke Rd) is in Clinton Township.

Basically, anywhere orange is Columbus. If it's white, it's a township, if a different color, it's a suburb.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:32:48 AM EDT
Ok, so if you look over by Dublin you will see a little town called Amlin. I live just west of Amlin but I pay Columbus taxes and Columbus picks up my trash...... I have a Dublin address.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:46:43 AM EDT
You are not affected by the Kolumbus ban.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:28:37 PM EDT
I would venture that if Columbus is picking up his trash, good chances are he's in Columbus.

The best way is to call Columbus Fire non-emergency line, and ask if they are your fire department, or if the township is. If they are, you are in Columbus. Sorry for your luck.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:06:56 PM EDT
Thanks for all of the replys. This is good info.

The job hunt is still on and I am going to ramp things up with in the next week or so. I look forward to getting over there (not the city limits) and meeting up and shooting with many of you. Till then...

Jeff
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top