Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/19/2005 9:12:50 PM EDT
This is a formal invitation to anyone and everyone who likes to shoot and meet other shooters to be at Millers January 21st and 22nd. Shooting will likely begin at 10-11 am Saturday morning but come whenever you like.

Some of us will be staying at the clubhouse overnight which may or may not include: morning breakfest, visits from "Timolina" and various pit bulls, goats and such

Tim usually charges us $20 to stay overnight in the clubhouse which incudes firewood and all of the various comforts of home(kitchen,shower,etc.) I will get these figures ironed out in the coming weeks.

If anyone has anyone ideas for this shoot whether its shooting related or food/after shoot activities post them.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:02:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 10:03:38 PM EDT by OD45]
Count me in!

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:23:28 AM EDT
I'll be there.

I'll also be conducting a pool clinic later on in the evening for anyone who fancies the cue and chalk. I'll show you, in 2 easy steps, how to beat everyone on the green felt merely by getting drunk and not trying very hard.

Oh, and there's a Goodman's gun show in Dayton that weekend too, so you can stock up on aroma therapy pillows, german socks and oversize pen knives before the shoot.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:11:45 AM EDT
You can count me in as well.

POWER TO THE PENIS
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:14:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:
I'll be there.

I'll also be conducting a pool clinic later on in the evening for anyone who fancies the cue and chalk. I'll show you, in 2 easy steps, how to beat everyone on the green felt merely by getting drunk and not trying very hard.

Your lucky I left before I could get on the table.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:43:47 AM EDT
Is there a pool table in the clubhouse? SWEET!!

I'll be there! Not sure if I'll stay overnight though. I guess it depends on if I have any ammo leftover to use for sunday.

So is it like - shoot till your fingers get frozen...get in car, warm up enough to reload mags...then shoot some more??? Do any of you guys use those handwarmer packets that go in gloves/boots? Do they work good?

Sorry for all the questions...but I have one more. Can I try out someone's AR carbine? I'm thinking about buying a 14.5"w/pinned/welded FH(to bring it to 16")...and collapsible stock. (or might rebarrel my current upper) If anyone has one I could try out, that'd be awesome.

Thanx!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:17:44 AM EDT
RRA-A2

I'm sure you'll have a buffet of carbine's and other selections to try out
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:22:00 AM EDT
Crap, I have to go back to school on the 14th. Well I think this might be worth making the drive down for, either way it looks like fun!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:24:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RRA-A2:

So is it like - shoot till your fingers get frozen...get in car, warm up enough to reload mags...then shoot some more??? Do any of you guys use those handwarmer packets that go in gloves/boots? Do they work good?

There are two coin operated pool tables and a dart board as well as some vending machines.

We didnt get too cold out there but some people warmed up in their cars for awhile. JEC donated some handwarmers before he left and I handed some of them out at the last shoot. I'll bring some more I had left over. They work pretty good but take about 15-30 minutes to start warming up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:31:52 AM EDT

I'll be there! Not sure if I'll stay overnight though. I guess it depends on if I have any ammo leftover to use for sunday.

Sorry for all the questions...but I have one more. Can I try out someone's AR carbine? I'm thinking about buying a 14.5"w/pinned/welded FH(to bring it to 16")...and collapsible stock. (or might rebarrel my current upper) If anyone has one I could try out, that'd be awesome.

Thanx!

Only wussies load mags in their cars when it's cold. j/k

I have a Sabre Defence midlength if you'd like to try it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:00:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 11:01:46 AM EDT by Scooter308]
I'm 95% in, if it's gonna be like -30 outside with wind, I ain't gonna lie, I will be holding the couch down with some hot chocholate.

We couldn't have had a better December Day than what we had on Saturday.

Scott
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:24:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Scooter308:
I'm 95% in, if it's gonna be like -30 outside with wind, I ain't gonna lie, I will be holding the couch down with some hot chocholate.

We couldn't have had a better December Day than what we had on Saturday.

Scott

You just described last years shoot almost to a tee. We spent at best two hours shooting, we spent the rest of your time in the clubhouse thawing out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:50:02 PM EDT
I'm in.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:34:02 PM EDT

Thanx!

I've got a Bushy in exactly that configuration....I'll bring it along.

JME, make sure you ask Tim about doing another night-trap shoot, last year's -10 degree shoot was pretty fun...I still remember the pain of that frozen gun on my bare hands! Ouch.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:08:47 PM EDT

Thanx!

Look me up. You can shoot mine till your trigger finger falls off. And yes there is a pool table.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:52:38 PM EDT
i am gonna say i am 90% going.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:02:28 PM EDT
SWEET! I'll be looking forward to checking out some carbines!!!
If anyone wants to shoot my A2, you're more than welcome to. I'll warn you now that it is VERY plain jane...and you all probobly own one anyway.

I can bring some 2-liter bottles w/caps. Should I fill them w/ water first and freeze them?

I also want to build some snowmen......I've never shot a snowman. I think it'd be cool.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:18:40 PM EDT
Are Garands allowed?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:24:53 PM EDT
time to make the brownies
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:04:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SWO_daddy:
Are Garands allowed?

Yeah, would you like to learn how to bump fire it?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:20:03 PM EDT

Are Garands allowed?

They better be, I always end up bringing one or two.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:55:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By diabolical_chicken:

Get some special stuff from Timolina, Im sure he will have some

LMAO
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:23:42 AM EDT
I'm in. I will likely bring a neighbor as well.

We DEFINITELY need to check on the trap shoot. That was a blast (no pun intended.)

Packing List:

Guns - Check
Ammo - Check
Beer - Check
Casting Net to Wrangle JME in - Check

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:56:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bryan666999:

Originally Posted By diabolical_chicken:

Get some special stuff from Timolina, Im sure he will have some

LMAO

yeeeeeeeeeeah

POWER TO THE PENIS
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:33:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By OD45:

Are Garands allowed?

Yeah, would you like to learn how to bump fire it?

Sure!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:02:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 7:02:37 AM EDT by SirDrinksAlot]
Y'all are horrible. The day after I put in an order for ammo, y'all decide to go shooting.

eta: if my ammo gets here today or tommorow...i'll be there.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:12:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:16:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By madman_kirk:

Originally Posted By SirDrinksAlot:
Y'all are horrible. The day after I put in an order for ammo, y'all decide to go shooting.

eta: if my ammo gets here today or tommorow...i'll be there.

You have plenty of time , the shoot is in january. mmk

*Slaps self* Sometimes I question my intelligence.

(Alright I question it all the time)
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:31:08 AM EDT
so... How far back from the berm will we all set-up at? From the pics of the Dec. shoot, it looked like maybe 75yrds? 100 yrds is fine for me. I'm assuming at least 75 so that there's less chance of anything coming back at us.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:43:01 AM EDT

so... How far back from the berm will we all set-up at? From the pics of the Dec. shoot, it looked like maybe 75yrds? 100 yrds is fine for me. I'm assuming at least 75 so that there's less chance of anything coming back at us.

You sissy, half the fun is dodging Full Auto Ricochets.

Scott
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:57:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Scooter308:

You sissy, half the fun is dodging Full Auto Ricochets.

Scott

so...I'll go from ...to this:

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:15:18 PM EDT
Exactly
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:06:52 PM EDT
Do any of you guys know if Tim will let us shoot cars? If so I have a buddy that has a couple we could shoot up. Just need to find a way to get them there. Of course may be able to talk him into letting me use his trailer.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:12:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 4:13:29 PM EDT by SBR7_11]

Originally Posted By OD45:
Do any of you guys know if Tim will let us shoot cars? If so I have a buddy that has a couple we could shoot up. Just need to find a way to get them there. Of course may be able to talk him into letting me use his trailer.

We got 1 sitting in the shop, owner is junking it.. today one of the techs started to toss scrap metal inside of it. All that would need done is knock out the glass, and dump the oil, and coolant... fuel was dumped 2 week ago. Need a tow.

Maybe everybody chip in $5 or so, with enough people, that should pay for a tow to the scrap yard.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:12:24 PM EDT
I'm gonna be there for a little bit tomorrow afternoon, I'll see if I can find him to ask.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:04:03 PM EDT
Easy thing to do Jake, get a gun and go to the range and start shootin. Someone will be out there to collect money between mag changes
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:04:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ShakyJake:
I'm gonna be there for a little bit tomorrow afternoon, I'll see if I can find him to ask.

Thursday? What time? I may and try and sneak out for little while.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:43:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bryan666999:
Easy thing to do Jake, get a gun and go to the range and start shootin. Someone will be out there to collect money between mag changes

Nah, she knows my truck. Kirk and I pretty much lived there late summer and fall
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:58:06 AM EDT
Oh Yes!

Bob
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:07:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ky_Bob:
Oh Yes!

Bob

So I take it you're coming, then?

Brian will be so happy he'll drink himself into a new, and equally amusing sermon I think.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:28:13 PM EDT
Saw Tim drive by today, but by the time I got to the campground he wasn't there anymore.

And man was it cold and windy today. Looks like that 45 degrees and sunny showed up after we left
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:07:35 PM EDT
hey all...just back from colorado on business and saw this thread. i am putting it on my calendar period.......

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:41:04 PM EDT
well I hope to be able to make this one....... I tried to make the pre - christmas shoot, but my schdule at work would not permit.... working anywhere from 14-16 hour shifts, 6 days a week, tends to keep you busy!....
with little time for doing anything else!......

Looks like the last shoot was a "blast" .... wish i could have made it..... but we drove by in the armored truck comming from wilmington , on the way to middletown..... we should have stopped, an i could have played with the m-4 that we have in the truck..

colt!

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:29:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:32:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2005 10:06:24 AM EDT by Ky_Bob]

Originally Posted By swingset:

Originally Posted By Ky_Bob:
Oh Yes!

Bob

So I take it you're coming, then?

Brian will be so happy he'll drink himself into a new, and equally amusing sermon I think.

I will be there. I plan on leaving early Saturday morning and driving back Sunday.
How are we organizing the eats? I can bring some killer venison chili.

+1 on shooting trap. I finally bought a "gentleman's barrel" for my tactical shotgun.

Bob
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:05:00 AM EDT
I am going to try and make this. I have never been to Millers but have always wanted to go.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:06:26 PM EDT
Wow...this is shaping up to be much bigger than last year. I'm bringing a buddy and another buddy who's a Cincinnati cop may be joining the festivities as well. Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:16:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Red-Leg:
Wow...this is shaping up to be much bigger than last year. I'm bringing a buddy and another buddy who's a Cincinnati cop may be joining the festivities as well. Looking forward to it!

We may have to share sleeping bags in the clubhouse Saturday night to save space, which will please Glimmerman.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:15:34 PM EDT
Oh nice.

BTW Craig, I call dibs on the spare cot and my spot by the fireplace
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:26:11 PM EDT
What do you guys want to do about food? We could grill, order pizza or something, or maybe get something catered in.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:55:26 PM EDT
Tim is out of town this week on vacation, so still no answer if we can shoot a car or not.

The field was a mud sponge today Hopefully we'll see some sunshine over the next few weeks, or 12" of snow
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top