Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2005 8:15:02 PM EDT
Other than food or family...........

The highways/driving/traffic. Open roads, better drivers, light traffic.

Man, you guys got it good, trust me.

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Either you are kidding or were not anywhere near Cincinnati!  Or I-75
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 3:35:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cinci is a walk in the park compared to Columbus.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 3:59:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kolumbus sux hard
Ohio sux hard but not as hard as some

We have some sort of gravity anomaly.  We can’t go three days without a tractor trailer flipping over and hosing traffic all day.  Just wait till the white death blows in and then tell me how good we have it here.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 4:22:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I drive 30 miles to work everyday and rarely see a traffic problem.  I guess it just depends on your route and location.

I'm a 35 and 675 man.  I avoid downtown (Dayton) like the plague, but that is for a variety of reasons....

It causes me stress whenever I see a traffic light or a stop sign.

Dan
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:52:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Im going to have to back to Seattle and put some pics in this thread to give you whiners a little dose of reality.

I came back to Dayton from Detroit Sunday night after Thanksgiving, it was stll a breeze. The word gentlemen is perspective.

Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I drove through Chicago on a sunny summer sunday afternoon, no accidents, no construction and we averaged 5 mph for three hours.  As much as Kolumbus sux it is not Chicago.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:24:09 AM EDT
[#7]
! SEZ YOU!

Try the roads in "gangsta" Cleveland, or even Akron for that matter.

MANIACS!

Talking with an OH Highway Patrol buddy of mine, he says they have "given up" going after speeders (+80mph) on I-480--way too many of them.

A lot of meatballs in big rigs drive very xxxx poor too; I had always thought they were the "professionals." Not no more for me on the C-C-C route on I-71.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:28:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Talking with an OH Highway Patrol buddy of mine, he says they have "given up" going after speeders (+80mph) on I-480--way too many of them.

You just proved my point. In Seattle you cant get over 40, unless its rush hour then its 15 MPH, from the zillions of crappy drivers.

Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:33:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been to Seattle, I agree it's pretty bad. At least you are always near a Starbucks tho.

The worst traffic I've seen, ever, was LA in the mid-90's. Horrible. New Jersey, around Newark, is ferocious. Long Island, on the L.I.E, legendary bogdowns, and my personal favorite is the Baltimore/Washington DC corridor.

All of those make Ohio seem like the salt flats.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:37:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:48:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
All of those make Ohio seem like the salt flats.

Quoted:
It's almost "pothole" season...those rim bending, tooth jarring holes filled with slushy saltwater to hide it's actual depth...until you hit it.
And of course, the inevitable collecton of wheel covers and suspension parts scattered about...yeah, CavVet, I would miss that too.

I remember those just fine, rarely could I not avoid them, unless I was in the big truck and just moving too damn fast.

Link Posted: 12/2/2005 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Amen to that, but Cleveland's got them both beat.

Link Posted: 12/2/2005 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I drove through Chicago on a sunny summer sunday afternoon, no accidents, no construction and we averaged 5 mph for three hours.  As much as Kolumbus sux it is not Chicago.

+1  I went through at 3:00 a.m and traffic was still 5-15 mph.  That is why I stay as far away from there as possible!
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#14]
When I worked in Euclid it was a nightmare driving home almost every day when I got to the 271 to 480 merge. Oh my god I don't miss that. In the morning I went to work early to avoid the trafic and it was great, but comming home in the afternoon there was no way to avoid it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I used to live in Kitsap County, Washington back in the early 90s, and Seattle traffic sucked donkey dick back then.  I can truly believe Cav Vet when he says it is fubar today.

Cav Vet, how about that Tacoma Narrows Bridge?  You ain't lived until you've become stuck at the top in a go-nowhere jam up.

Now, I moved here from Kansas, and Ohio drivers are just a bunch of slow fucks, compared to what I am used to.  I drive from Troy to Sidney and back for work and between the big-rig assholes doing 56 on the left lane next to a mile-long line of trucks going 55 on the right and the dickheads going 64.9 and refusing to move over, I get my fill of stress every day.

In Kansas, 75 is just the beginning.  The Kansas Turnpike from Topeka to the Oklahoma border rivals the Autbahn in high speed engineering goodness, and 80 to 85 is average.  And there is no BS 55 mps limit for trucks.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 4:39:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I've been all over the world and Hamilton/ Cincy area has the worst drivers of anywhere I've been.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Canton and Columbus Ohio,has the worst cases of fucking retards in automobiles driving on the highways anywhere.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#18]
1992-1995 I worked in Toledo (South of Univ of Toledo near Nebraska Ave and N Westwood Ave), and I swear it must have been the law that they had at least one full minute to go through the light after it turned red before you had to worry about getting a ticket for it.

I have never spent time anywhere that had nearly as much red light running traffic as there.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Toledo has red light cameras now and they must make a killing on them. I thought we had it bad in Ohio until I went to VA. on 95 around D.C. that is a combat driving course. Im driving a Ram 1500 and these little subcompact  jap. cars are cutting me off and riding my bumper and Im doing 85-90 mph. I mean seriousley my steel bumpers and those little go carts I could have totaled any one of those little cars and still drove home with a just a dent in my bumper . Really crazy folks down there.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:07:25 AM EDT
[#20]
+1 NiteVision!

I gots me a "theory" on them little stinking Jap cars and stinkin drivers. Seems to me most of them are driven by these whacked out young uns, who don't know right from left. Clueless, aimless beings. ZOMBIES. No motivation, no goals, no nuthin'. "Hey! wait--I can screw with the guy in the Ram 1500" they think.

Thus, they really gets their kicks/rocks off by being able to do something/anything   "exciting" like cutting you off in your Ram. Their little "victory" in life today. Absolutely pitiful.

They should try: A) getting a frigging job and paying taxes B) a family C) a life!

To think kids their age are over in Iraq fighting for the likes of these punks so that they have the freedom to play bumper tag? Wow! what a nutty society.

I blame (in the following order) T.V./video games, parents, schools, the liberals.

---Woody---

Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#21]
All I have to say is "The Interbelt" (Cleveland)
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Cleveland drivers are terrible, but on top of that you get the added bonus of being hit up for money every

time you leave the damn car.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Every time I go back east PA, NY, CT, NJ.  I want to run home to Ohio.   Yes I know what you mean.  Take it from a transplanted New Yorker.  

You all know cities don,t count anywhere as part of a state.  Works for roads, politics and a working government.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:44:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
It's almost "pothole" season...those rim bending, tooth jarring holes filled with slushy saltwater to hide it's actual depth...until you hit it.
And of course, the inevitable collecton of wheel covers and suspension parts scattered about...yeah, CavVet, I would miss that too.

Yeah my wife's 2003 Ford Focus with "upgraded" aluminum(fragile) rims is on its second $200 aluminum rim......

I drive on 270 and 23 everyday and in the morning it isn't bad at all and not to bad coming home in the afternoon. Then you have to take into account that I'm driving to work at 5:30 am and coming back at 3:00 pm so I don’t hit much in the way of rush hour.

I remember there being crazy drivers in Texas but I think the old saying "Everything is bigger in Texas" applies to the roads as well and that makes driving there easier.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top