Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
.........what the hell happened?

Its all Bush's fault
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:14:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I happened to be in the area like 6 maybe 7 or so so years ago, and went to the hare show, and it was great, it was huge, lots of dealers, and plenty of stuff at good prices.......better then up here in cleveland, bought a brand new chicom SKS and ammo at a super price.  I even saw a mig 27 RCMAT up for sale.......I was seriously thinking of getting it as a reminder of my air defense days in the army.

fast forward, to about 2 years ago, I found myself there in the dayton area again......and decided to go in.........boy what a huge disappointment, it really went down the tubes, it was like smaller then the worse weekends shows at medina and the  selection was slim, and prices were rediculous, it was more then what sells for up here..........what the hell happened?

The internet happened.  I don't think gun shows are anything like they were pre-internet.  
It's easier and cheaper to sell online, so there are fewer vendors at shows.
People do lots of buying online, so there are fewer buyers.
Add 'em up, and you got smaller gun shows.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The internet happened.  I don't think gun shows are anything like they were pre-internet.  
It's easier and cheaper to sell online, so there are fewer vendors at shows.
People do lots of buying online, so there are fewer buyers.
Add 'em up, and you got smaller gun shows.  

although it may do something to new gun purchases from firearm manufaturers..........a lot of folks like to see excatly  what they are buying, before putting down their hard earned money on it.........the description on a firearm that is on the net, may not be truthful on what the actually condition really is. personally I would rather see the rifle I'm going to buy, then take the word of someone that it is truely the condition it is.....especially when it comes to C&R rifles, or used weapons.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top