Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2003 8:46:17 PM EDT
Going to columbus this weekend, there and good gunshops open on the weekend up there?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:28:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Vances on Cleveland Ave. at Cooke Rd. (NE side of town).
Powder Room in Powell (mostly a Range, but they have some guns, NW suburb of Columbus).
New Albany Shooting Range (overpriced and snotty salesmen, NE of Columbus).
Aumiller Gun Shop in downtown Westerville (NE suburb of Columbus).
Buckeye Outdoors near Hebron. Same owners of Vances, little out of the way but well worth it (i think so). Its about 30-40 east of Columbus. Take I-70 East to Rte 79, go North on 79 to Rte 40.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
there's a shooting range around the area, it's called I-270...
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
there's a shooting range around the area, it's called I-270...

I'm not completely certain whether I should laugh my ass off, or say something along the lines of 'you shouldnt joke around about Columbus's non-sniping sniper'.

OK, OK....yeah I do.

I choose to laugh my ass off. That was funny.

BTW, its a VERY large range, and there is quite an assortment of targets. Large, small, moving, stationary....only this is, its all unknown distance shooting.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Vances on Cleveland Ave. at Cooke Rd. (NE side of town).
Powder Room in Powell (mostly a Range, but they have some guns, NW suburb of Columbus).
New Albany Shooting Range (overpriced and snotty salesmen, NE of Columbus).
Aumiller Gun Shop in downtown Westerville (NE suburb of Columbus).
Buckeye Outdoors near Hebron. Same owners of Vances, little out of the way but well worth it (i think so). Its about 30-40 east of Columbus. Take I-70 East to Rte 79, go North on 79 to Rte 40.

Vance's and Buckeye Outdoors are both great gun shops.  New Albany has a bunch of pretentious staffers that make the gun buying/shooting experience a drag for those that aren't snobby and like customer service.  The Powder Room has the least realistic prices on firearms I've ever seen.  That, and the prices on ammo are atrocious.  If you're looking to shoot, the Powder Room has decent range prices, but that's all I'll go there for.  If you're looking to purchase, then Vance's is your best bet.  You might want to just open up a Vance's card and take advantage of their same as cash financing.  It's a great deal.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:38:35 AM EDT
[#5]
i know, poor taste...but what really sucks is that i'm going to have to travel on it a few times next week for work...
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:51:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the shop out in Plain City still open?

How 'bout the one in Hilliard?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:34:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Davis Guns in Plain City is no longer, I think they closed shop several years ago.  
I think Gun World in Hilliard is still open, but he hasn't had much of an inventory to choose from.  He used to have a few Class 3 firearms available.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top