Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 11/3/2003 6:43:52 AM EDT
They are orange with red lettering. They are for those that have been convicted of a DUI or have there driving privleges suspended, they can only drive to work.
How humiliating, but they brought it on themselves.
I saw one last week, I thought that is wierd, He was pulling into BW3's, Wouldn't you guess.  Don
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't seen one yet.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:24:00 AM EDT
[#2]
BW3's?

I havent seen any of these yet. Surprising, too, since I know for a fact there are a lot of people in this county who have been convicted of DUI. I'll have to ask the next one I see if that was part of his sentence.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#3]
They look like this:

First time I saw one was at Blazin' Bills after an ARF.com shoot and since then I've seen a few around.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen quite a few of these plates. mmsig229 says anyone with those plates can be stopped at anytime without any reason by the police. These plates aren't new either. I've seen them as far back as 5 years ago
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They look like this:

images.ibsys.com/2002/0716/1561993.jpg

First time I saw one was at Blazin' Bills after an ARF.com shoot and since then I've seen a few around.

I remember that one.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#6]
i just thought that they were giving me unique plates????
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe a judge gives the defendant the option of getting the plates on a first offense.This MAY be in response to a lesser fine etc.  At some point they become mandatory. There can be a lot of stipulations put on a convicted driver by the court. No bars, no driving after 11:OOPM, etc. Their driving status will usually come back as suspended, but modified. This means that they have no driving privileges except for work, school, or to attend AA meetings, or after a set time of day. Again, I believe these stipulations are agreed to by the defendant at the time of sentencing...
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
BW3's?

Buffalo Wild Wings.

To me, it would make more sense if it were called BW2's, but....
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BW3's?

Buffalo Wild Wings.

Or just BWW.......
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
BW3's?

Buffalo Wild Wings.

Or just BWW.......

I agree completely.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Hooters is better, BW3 was good as college food!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i just thought that they were giving me unique plates????

No, you got the ones for bullet holes in your vehicle.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BW3's?

Buffalo Wild Wings.

It used to be called "Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck", where BW-3's came from ... apparently of late, they've dropped the Weck.  Bonus points for anybody who can explain what "weck" means.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#14]
The last part of the name refers to the bread they used or something like that. They put a new in where IM at and it ba-lows!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:53:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Weck is a what they call the hamburger buns.

Kinda like a kaiser roll.

Damn I miss living in Columbus.  I need my BW3 fix.
They are building one here in Findlay and I can't wait.

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Weck is a what they call the hamburger buns.

Kinda like a kaiser roll.

Damn I miss living in Columbus.  I need my BW3 fix.
They are building one here in Findlay and I can't wait.

Is that what's going up on Tiffin Ave? (near the old Lowes store)

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Hessian -

No, I hear that is going to be a Best Buy store.

The BW3 is supposed to be across the street to the north. They are putting in a Walgreens, Target and Menards over there also.  Just what we need, another drug store and 'home center'.

But at least I'll be able to get some good wings without having to look at those skanks at Frickers.

ETA - Do you live in Findlay/area?

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
They look like this:

images.ibsys.com/2002/0716/1561993.jpg

Those are DUI convicted operater plates, and yes they can be stopped any time to check the driver for alcohol consumption.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Late to the party, but:
Weck is a particular roll they put roast beef on, originating with the Germans, and found mostly in the Buffalo/Niagra Falls area of New York.  Away from that region, nobody knows what you're talking about, which is why BW3's in Ohio have pretty much dropped the "BW" and just started advertising themselves as plain old "Buffalo Wild Wings."

Had a friend who lived in "North Tonawanda" and she liked to tell me all about it.  Regional pride I guess.  

Scott
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top