Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 4:16:58 PM EDT
I've been considering a move to the fine state of Ohio (have family in Williams County) and had several firearms questions:

Fullauto/silencers - go or no go?  If so, are any of the local chiefs likely to sign off for me?

Looks like you've been screwed on CCW.  Any chance that your governator will pass it?

I'm also considering buying a decent chunk of land in a rural area.  What kind of restrictions are we looking at as far as a backyard shooting range are we looking at?  

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited since it's hard to spell when you're tired.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:04:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've been considering a move to the fine state of Ohio (have family in Williams County) and had several firearms questions:

Fullauto/silencers - go or no go?

Coming from CA... Ohio is a free for all.

If so, are any of the local chiefs likely to sign off for me?

Williams is a bit north of me, but the land is rural up there I think, so there should not be problem. Toledo is due east, so living inside the limits could pose a problem, but that is Lucas Co I think.

Looks like you've been screwed on CCW.  Any chance that your governator will pass it?

TAFT... NO,

I'm also considering buying a decent chunk of land in a rural area.  What kind of restrictions are we looking at as far as a backyard shooting range are we looking at?

Zoned agricultral/farm/outside city limits, should not be a problem, mound up a pile of dirt for a berm, and shoot.

Link Posted: 10/18/2003 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#2]
SBR 7_11,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Sounds like the Ohio population may just go up by two.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, you could do a lot worse, BluDragon.  Not having CCW blows, but that won't be much of a step down for you.  Besides the questions you asked, there is no registration for handguns or longguns (other than the Federal 4473).  That's something I got used to growing up here, and I'm constantly surprised by being in states where you have to get a permit just to buy or own a gun.  Ohio rocks in that regard.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top