Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/26/2003 8:43:10 AM EDT
I encourage all of you to organize or participate in "Defense Walks" in your areas.

It has been suggested to open-carry in these walks. To avoid any possibility of trouble, it has also been suggested that you may want to leave the ammo at home, but openly display your guns. Of course you must check with local LEO about local ordinances...

Bring video cameras, and invite the local media. Make sure participants don't even Jay-walk. No "Kill em all, let God sort em out" t-shirts.

I'd like to organize a Cuyahoga County event. Any ideas? Let's hear `em!

Other areas too. We simply CAN NOT allow this to go quietly.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 9:41:33 AM EDT
Ballsy.

In addition to checking the letter of the local laws, I would also recommend that you get some feeling from the local chief/sheriff what to expect when you encounter an LEO. Will they arrest you on the spot for disturbing the peace? Will they only arrest you if someone complains? (Keep in mind that it's not unlikely that a frightened soccer mom would report you as "waving a gun around" or "pointing a gun" regardless of what the facts may be.) If, after talking with local LE, you still think it's safe & constructive, then more power to you! It would be great to get some more media attention on this. It's already great that even the AP is making Ohio sound unreasonable for not having CCW; they said something about Ohio "not joining the 44 states that do allow their citizens to carry concealed weapons."

If I wasn't moving in a week or two, I'd be up for doing something in Portage county. Probably a group of 5-10 is the minimum for something like this.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:45:27 AM EDT
Where in Cuyahoga county?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:54:54 AM EDT
You can count me in if you get one together in Cuyhoga county. I'm sure I can bring along a few friends too
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:52:56 AM EDT
it's lookin like 19Oct in Lorain. more to come...
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:59:45 AM EDT
Is it on for lorain? What are the details?
Kev
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:23:17 AM EDT
It will be in Lorain on 19OCT.

Details here:
www.lorainohio.net/walk.htm

Scott
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:36:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Scottman:
It will be in Lorain on 19OCT.

Details here:
www.lorainohio.net/walk.htm

Scott

Hey Scott, what's the story on LE position/participation regarding this walk? This weekend's crazy, but I'm going to do my best to make it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:25:23 AM EDT
October 19th in Lorain a few miles down the road.
Hmmm, what to wear?
There will be LEOs there to prevent citizens from becoming alarmed.
Oh boy! Down Broadway, perhaps, through the main business district!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:39:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By anothergene:
Hmmm, what to wear?

Let's see: partly couldy, high of 57. Sounds like perfect weather for a Glock 19 in a drop-leg.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:16:39 PM EDT
Got the G-19 covered...or uncovered by law.
Do you think a nickeled Python too glitzy?
Maybe the satin SS King Cobra would be less formal?
After all Lorain rolls up the sidewalks on sundays.
I wonder if Ghoulardi's bar is open sunday?
Named after the original ghoul, Ernie Anderson and is full of memorabilia...not that I would go there.
Anyway, I hope the turn out is good, whatever time it kicks off. (After the Berea show)
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:53:17 AM EDT
Well, How did everything go?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:13:59 AM EDT
I wish I could have gone. As it was, the movers came today, and I spent 20 hours straight packing yesterday. I hope it went great!
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:11:18 AM EDT
It went well. About 70 people showed up and walked. Not a protester in sight. Even the PD had a hard time trashing it.

www.cleveland.com/search/index.ssf?/base/ispol/1066650915235570.xml?ispol
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top