User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Relax.

It is called a rivalry for good reason.

It would appear some of you are a little high strung for some good natured ribbing.

See ya Nov 22nd.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Think of how boring it would be without a rivalry.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Rivalry is one thing, but I find your sigline to be very offensive.

Insult me, my team, whoever, but let the dead rest in peace.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]
What about that Maynard?

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 10:46:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've heard good things about their SWAT guys as well.  My freshman year they had a swat sniper in my building(Siebert) due to an internet romance gone VERY wrong across the way in Stradley.

Apparently,  the SWAT types never practice at Converse.  My teammates and I usually abuse our privilege of using the range and will bust out the glocks and 1911's after practice.  I swear that as of late, OSU PD has done nothing but pattern shotguns down there.  Of course, I'm finding 9mm brass, not 12 gauge.  

I remember that tard that held himself hostage in Stradley.  Strangley enough, after he put a bullet form temple to temple, he LIVED!  All be it, he's a vegetable now, but he's still pumping blood.  

I know the Sniper your talking about.  He's a bad ass.  He's reserve special forces, and I believe he's over in Iraq right now.  He used to give me shit all the time.  He's a good guy.  40 something and did an Ironman recently.  

SWAT does use Converse for some firearms training, but they use Upper Arlington's range a lot, as they have a Hot House they can use.  I've been to their range a couple times, it's not too shabby...outdoors though.

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
So he did shoot himself?   There was some speculation over that.   The funny thing is,  the day that happened was also the day I officially joined the pistol team.  Nothing like finally finishing the yellow card scavenger hunt (aka NCAA paperwork) and coming home to a shoot out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#7]

If you have that much sand in your vagina over my sigline, contact Staff and voice your concerns.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#8]
That was my next step.

Sometimes that is the only effective way to deal with a .

Go Bucks

RIP Woody
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Main-nerd!
How about those DUCKS?

Team--------Final
Michigan (5) 27
Oregon (22)  31

www.sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=232632483

Michigan ground game comes to a halt

EUGENE, Ore. (AP) -- Oregon's defense found a way to stop Chris Perry -- and the rest of Michigan's lauded offense, too.

Perry, the nation's leading rusher going into the game, ran for just 26 yards as No. 22 Oregon upset No. 3 Michigan 31-27 on Saturday in front of the largest crowd ever at Autzen Stadium.

Jason Fife, half of Oregon's quarterback tandem with Kellen Clemens, ran for one touchdown, tailback Terrence Whitehead rushed for another, and the Ducks (4-0) were able to take advantage of some key Michigan (3-1) errors before 59,023 yellow-clad fans.

Michigan (3-1), making its first road trip of the season, narrowed it with John Navarre's 36-yard TD pass to Steve Breaston with 2:18 left, but couldn't get any closer.

After Oregon jumped out to and early lead, the Wolverines turned up the pressure in the fourth quarter.

Navarre's 9-yard scoring pass to Breaston and conversion pass to Braylon Edwards made it 24-21, but the Ducks answered with Jordan Carey's fumble recovery in the end zone with 6:55 left.

It started when Keith Lewis blocked Adam Finley's punt. The ball sputtered just out of reach of Oregon's Ryan Shaw, but free safety J.D. Nelson got to it, only to fumble on the 1 before Carey landed on it in the end zone for the score.

Michigan, which was averaging more than 307 yards on the ground so far this season, lost 3 yards on 19 carries.

Navarre completed 28 of 55 passes for 360 yards and three touchdowns, but he wasn't able to carry the offense.

Clemens, who started for Oregon, was 25-of-23 for 160 yards, while Fife was 5-of-8 for 93 yards. For the fourth straight game, the pair did not throw an interception.

On its first series of the game, Oregon went for it on fourth-and-1 on Michigan's 25, and Clemens hit Tim Day with a 21-yard pass play to put the Ducks on the 4.

Michigan's defense was able to hold off an Oregon TD, even when it appeared that Clemens had punched through on a 1-yard keeper. On fourth down, Oregon was called for a false start and pushed back five yards.

The Ducks decided to go for the field goal, but Jared Siegel's 22-yard attempt was blocked by Marlin Jackson and scooped up by Jeremy LeSueur -- who ran untouched 78 yards down field for the score.

While Finley missed the extra point, Michigan still managed a 6-0 first quarter lead even though the Wolverines' overall time of possession was just 56 seconds. Oregon had possession for the remaining 14:04.

The Ducks turned things around early in the second quarter on Whitehead's 19-yard TD run.

The Wolverines were hurt on the next series when they tried a fake punt and the snap was fumbled by linebacker Scott McClintock. Oregon defensive end Igor Olshansky jumped on the ball and the Ducks went on to score on Jason Fife's 15-yard run.

Oregon further surprised the Wolverines when Steven Moore ran a punt back 61 yards for a touchdown, making it 21-6 at halftime.

Siegel opened the second half for the Ducks with a 36-yard field goal.

Michigan narrowed the margin to 21-13 when Navarre hit Jason Avant with a 23-yard pass that Avant stretched into the end zone.

Michigan, a perennial Big Ten force, authoritatively shut down Notre Dame 38-0 last Saturday to move up two spots in the national rankings. And until the loss to the Ducks, Perry was averaging 183 yards a game.

The Wolverines have lost four straight road openers.

Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So he did shoot himself?   There was some speculation over that.   The funny thing is,  the day that happened was also the day I officially joined the pistol team.  Nothing like finally finishing the yellow card scavenger hunt (aka NCAA paperwork) and coming home to a shoot out.

Yeah, he shot himself.  Temple to temple.   Buddy of mine and his Sis were on the pistol team for years.  I think his sis was on the around that time, but maybe graduated before you got on.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I knew you wouldn't disappoint, Slash old buddy.

Typical OSU behavior to squeek past a MAC team and then thump your chest. I'm surprised you aren't out setting vehicles on fire, rioting and looting to savor the big win over BGSU.

Tell you what my little friend, why don't we make a wager on the UM-OSU game.

4 USGI 20 rounders small enough of a wager for you. If it's too steep I'm sure you can round up a couple of other OSU fans and rob a couple of old ladies in typical OSU fan fashion.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:54:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I had to read this to find out who he was.
 What I know about sports would fill a postage stamp, obviously.

Hope your team wins, have a nice day...let me outta here!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Drove buy this house yesterday and outside was an inflatable wolverine about 10ft tall and a large michiganer flag on the front. The nerve of that assclown. Had my CAR15 with me, almost turned around and did a drive by.

Again I can't believe the nerve of some people.

Maynard, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:19:34 AM EDT
[#15]
BTW, Maynard we wait till after we beat michigan to burn cars. We can even burn yours if you like.

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Maynard, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

You think OSU won't lose at least two this year?
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm thinking no.

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#18]
What was the sister's name?  
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Michigan lost, Michigan lost! Michigan lost, Michigan lost! Michigan lost, Michigan lost!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
He did have a major role in Ohio State's National Championship. How quickly we forget.

What? I must have missed how he did that. What did he make, 3 or 4 plays? I can't even remember them. Every time I remember seeing him he was coming off the field with some kind of injury. He really liked to play that up.

Quoted:I'm 30 and my heart can only take so much!

That's what I call a good game. I enjoy close calls. It's not to exciting when 3rd string is in the game.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top