Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/4/2003 6:54:46 PM EDT
Well is anyone here from South-Eastern Ohio? I'm in Athens myself. The only other ARFCOMer I know around here is EladEflow, and I've known him for years. Just wondered if we had anyone down here.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm here.
I live just a few minutes from Athens.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm here.
I live just a few minutes from Athens.

Awesome, FFL transfers for $15? Where do you live?

BTW, where do you shoot at?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I live on The Plains.
As far as where I shoot, I usually go to the range at Lake Hope. It's only a 25yd. range. I'm still trying to find a good rifle range. Thought about joining the Hocking Valley Sportsmen but I've heard they're not NFA friendly.
I did just talk to someone who's found a place outside Murray City with enough range to shoot his Barrett .50. I'm going to look into that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you have any more info on this range at Lake Hope? I've never heard of it. I know there is one range close to me...not sure what it is called, but it's about halfway between here and New Marshfield.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The range at Lake Hope is a state run pistol range. It's on S.R. 278. No centerfire rifles.
It's actually a pretty nice range. Alot better than Strouds Run.
Do you shoot at the range between Athens and New Marshfield? The only formal range out that way I know about belongs to the Hocking Valley Sportsmen.

I'd really like to find someplace to shoot at least 300yds. But those are few and far between in our area.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, I've only been there once with a friend. It's off of S.R. 56, on Gun Club Road IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi guys! Im next door in Stockport in Morgan Co.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 6:26:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a farm just outside Olive Green in Noble Co.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to go shooting with a friend of mine at a gravel pit near Stockport. Can't remember what route it was on though.
My friend moved to Wyoming, and I haven't tried to find the place in about 3 years.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in St. Clairsville, Ohio. IM me about FFL transfers. I shouldn't publicize...
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm in St. Clairsville, Ohio. IM me about FFL transfers. I shouldn't publicize...

Where is St. Clairsville? I don't know towns/cities very well.

Also, where do you shoot at?
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 5:15:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Sniper_Wolfe:  St. Clairsville is about 5 miles west of the Ohio River just off of I-70.

Mugzilla: I also live in St. C.

Art
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#13]
im not there now but i will be moving back in 6 months. havent decided which county to live in ross vinton, or athens. see ya all soon.

us army= uncle sam aint released me yet
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Sniper_Wolf

Depending on how far you are willing to travel we have a public range in Mason Co. WV about 45 minutes from you. Very informal setting and most users are very friendly and observe good range discipline. If you know where Pomeroy, OH is it's about 10 minutes the far side of Pomeroy for you in the old "TNT area" now known as McClintoc Wildlife Area. Same place as where the movie Mothman was based on so you might even get a chance at a movin' target :) Let me know if you are interested and I will get directions to you.

Michael
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sniper_Wolf

Depending on how far you are willing to travel we have a public range in Mason Co. WV about 45 minutes from you. Very informal setting and most users are very friendly and observe good range discipline. If you know where Pomeroy, OH is it's about 10 minutes the far side of Pomeroy for you in the old "TNT area" now known as McClintoc Wildlife Area. Same place as where the movie Mothman was based on so you might even get a chance at a movin' target :) Let me know if you are interested and I will get directions to you.

Michael

Thanks for the help, but that is really just too far of a drive for me, unless it was some sort of an occasion like an AR15.com shoot.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't live in Belmont County anymore, but I still work for the county one weekend a month.  When I can I try to combine this with a shooting outing.  Sometimes along the way at one of the clubs towards canton but I wouldn't mind getting together closer to my old home.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top