Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2003 7:20:24 PM EDT
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about Ohio's CCW Status.  It's been about a month or so since I've heard any news.  It would be so nice if they could get something passed in the next year or so.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Legislators are on summer recess. SO nothing is in the works right now but the house was working on de-neutering the bill that the Gov liked. Hopefully the Retarded state highway patrol will continue their neutral stance and we will have a decent bill soon after they return to session. Look back a little farther in this forum and you can find more info about the specifics of the bill that was passed by the senate.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Legislators are on summer recess. SO nothing is in the works right now but the house was working on de-neutering the bill that the Gov liked. Hopefully the Retarded state highway patrol will continue their neutral stance and we will have a decent bill soon after they return to session. Look back a little farther in this forum and you can find more info about the specifics of the bill that was passed by the senate.

I've read the entire Bill that was passed by the Senate, and there was some great BS in there.  I forgot they did a summer recess.  Hopefully they'll hammer something out when they reconvene.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:45:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've read the entire Bill that was passed by the Senate, and there was some great BS in there.  I forgot they did a summer recess.  Hopefully they'll hammer something out when they reconvene.  

No, hopefully the Ohio SC rules we are entitled to Vermont-style carry because the CONSTITIUTION SAYS SO. The legislature is not responsible for giving me rights, they are responsible for placing small, restrictions on existing ones. (I have freedom of speech, but I cannot yell "FIRE!!!!" in a crowded theatre...)
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
It was reported in our Gun Club newsletter that nothing will be done this year regarding the CCW bill.

It is dead in the water once again.

I don't have high hopes that the OSC will do the right thing either.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:26:39 AM EDT
[#5]
It all depends on whether or not they can resurrect the issue in time after summer break. Once the session ends for the year, it has to start all over again in January 2004 (election year ).

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree with Mugzilla. Only instead of Vermont-style, I'd like to see Alaska-style.

In case you didnt read the article in the latest issue of SGN, Alaska-style is Vermont-style plus an actual CCW permit for in case you want to carry out of state and go to a state that recognizes permits from other states (like most of them do).

Although I wont be sad if the SC gets their heads out their ass and we get Vermont-style...
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I know I'll really get slammed for this thought but it's the way I feel-

Gov. Taft was elected simply because of his political party affiliation.
Doesn't anybody understand yet that the entire world-wide political apparatus is totally against gunowners?
I for one don't believe in voting party lines. Didn't anyone figure out in Taft's first term that there was no way he would help a CCW bill?
Yet, I think that one aspect of his re-election was the GOP's outward stance against more gun laws. It sure couldn't have been for the previous things he'd done in office to help the people of the state.

I'm tired of it, and would rather vote for someone who's at least honest enough to admit they're anti-gun. At least I'd know where I stand as a gun owner.
Think about it, there's good and bad on both sides.
On top of being wishy-washy and two-faced Taft has run our economy in the ground.
We need to take a hard and honest look at who we're voting for and not just their party affiliation.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Clouseau, Taft is playing politics. See, he knows the only way to get elected, outside of places like Cleve, Columbus, Toledo, and Cincinatibabwe (basically, liberal strongholds) is to RUN as a republican, even though he's really a demoncrap. So, he ran as a republiCON, and look where it got him? In the governor's seat.

Taft is worthless. Almost as much as Gray Davis. Why did I luck out and go from one state with a worthless governor, to another state with an equally worthless governor?

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why did I luck out and go from one state with a worthless governor, to another state with an equally worthless governor?

At least you get to have your AR's here.

Speaking of taxes, MM, come to Cuyahoga, where our ass clown politicians are thinking of tacking on another quarter percent to our sales tax (yes, that'd be 8.25% now) to pay for this new convention center that they're planning.

Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:35:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#12]
tk421, I think you missed my point.
I believe that the Democrat vs. Republican nonsense is old news. If you look closely enough you'll see they're all the same.
Corret me if I'm wrong, but I think it was a Republican(George Sr.) that signed the ban on NFA weapons.
Who allowed the import ban on foreign made military style weapons(FN,HK,SIG,IMI)? I think that was signed in '89.

So, where does that leave the gun owners in the country that fall for the NRA line?

I think it's high time the NRA was put to bed, GOA is more in touch with what it's member's want.
Wayne and his cronies have turned the NRA from an organization that supports its member's needs to a fund raising org.(that support his friends needs-MORE MONEY)  

NRA members should pull thier support and throw it behind the GOA's efforts.
If you look carefully I think you'll see that the NRA has sold gunowners down the river.

Look closely at the deal that was offered to gunowner's, via the NRA, right before the '94 ban. (I can live without things like flashhiders, and bayonet lugs. MAGAZINES ARE VITAL. I can't remember the last time I needed a bayonet. Besides, if you know how to use your rifle properly there shouldn't be any need for one)  
The NRA knew they (and their supporters) could'nt win. Yet, when offered a compromise to raise the magazine capacity limit to 20rds. they refused.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Closeau, YOU know that, and I know that, and most of the people on boards such as this know that. HOWEVER, the average voting sheep in Ohio DOESNT know, and probably doesnt care. They see "Republican" and think "good", and thats how they vote. And there are too damn many of them.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top