Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 7/8/2003 10:47:15 AM EDT
Any one else going. Might be looking for my M4 Bushie. What should I be looking for in the different types?
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#1]
think i might be there on Sunday, but i'm out of $$$ from buying my 24" RRA and Colt a few weekends back.  
the best prices for new AR's are from Frank & Karen.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't trick me, I thought it was on the 12th & 13th.
Ah, Frank & Karen...got my long barrel Maadi for $199 OTD from them, super nice people too.
Pending car repairs or divorce, whichever comes first, I'm stickin' to buyin' parts.

dverba, have an AK yet?
(reset calendar)
My 6530 ltwt W/telestock is my safe queen, not that it's not fun, just watchin' prices jump on 'em.
Hate to scratch it!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes I do have an AK its a Maddi? I just have to take it away from the wife if I want to shoot it! And bring alot of ammo. At least After the first 3 mags I had to load for her she can now do it herself    DVerba
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Darned AKs feel so right...even the "little woman" noticed, I see.
I may have to hit the show early as I work in the afternoon.
I also have the MISR? Maadi...it totally rocks.
Seeing you have the AK covered, the M4 sounds like a great idea, with either being addictive.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#5]
What time does the show open?  I want to get there before it starts baking in there.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there bright and early Saturday morning!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 4:15:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Sat 9am - 5pm
Sun 9am - 4pm
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:09:50 AM EDT
[#8]
FYI, some of the guys hook up at noon at the gazebo.
That seems to be the best place to meet...sure beats the porta potty!
Just in case you want to put a face on all the typos.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I may be bringing a post Oly with me to sell...  are any of you looking for a face-to-face deal on an AR?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I think me and Kevf7 are going first thing sun morning. I have to go over to the outlaws for lunch so I can't stay too long. Yes, frank and karen are good people...They helped with Heidi's adoption..
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I will also be there Sat. Morning... Need to replenish some ammo that went up all to quickly at bulletfest.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I may be bringing a post Oly with me to sell...  are any of you looking for a face-to-face deal on an AR?

Which model?
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Went to the show.  Met Campy, he was treated like a God by the vendors who heard of the cashfest in the vendor area of BF4.  Also, plateshooter, Engineer, RS39, Anothergene, and several other board members.  New rifles each for Campy, Engineer, and Plateshooter.  I was satisfied with a new buffer, a mag, and an A1 stock.  Hope all who attended had fun.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I had to leave before noon so I didn't get to see any of you. I did pick up a very nice S&W Model 645, couldn't pass it up $350 looks brand new with a box,nice aftermarket Hogue wood grips. Not too bad of a show?  DVerba

Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#15]
i got there at about 1:30 after i got back from Chicago.  all i had $ for was for springs to do the trigger job on my AR.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I got there at 10ish...best I could do working late, then left at 12:30 to go back to work.
A 645 for $350! dverba rocks!
Is that a fixed or adjustable sighted model?
Watch the RH safety screw as they tend to loosen up on some guns.
Anyone see the fellow with the 100% sandblasted Python for $600? Even the sights were silver!
I hate to see what the bore looked like!
I would guess he took it home with him, IMO, it was ruined.
Campy & crew, great weather, life is good!
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Anybody going tomorrow?  I probably won't make it until 1.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll be gone by then. command performace at the outlaws for lunch....
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I went on sunday in the morning. It wasn't too crowded. I found some really good prices on ammo- SA 308 battlepacks for $20.00 @ piece.

Was it just me or where some of the vendors out of their fucking minds for the prices they wanted on their wares?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I got delayed; I ran into an old friend.  I didn't get there 'till 2, and a lot of the vendors were already packing up.  I saw some pretty crazy prices, as usual.  I tried to buy $220 worth of mags from someone, and he wouldn't even cut me a break on the credit card fee.  Not to quibble, but $140 of that was in prebans, and I know he had to have wiggle room on them.  So he lost the whole sale.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Look what followed me home.....A SAR3!!! i purposely didn't bring any $$$$ with me....but, I found the only SAR3 left at the show. I don't know how many were sold already, but I got my crummy little hands on the last one today...straight sights and tube, and a really beautiful reddish brown stock!!! A perfect companion for my SAR1. Does anyone know the site for a black synthetic stock kit for the new addition to the family?????
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Look what followed me home.....A SAR3!!! i purposely didn't bring any $$$$ with me....but, I found the only SAR3 left at the show. I don't know how many were sold already, but I got my crummy little hands on the last one today...straight sights and tube, and a really beautiful reddish brown stock!!! A perfect companion for my SAR1. Does anyone know the site for a black synthetic stock kit for the new addition to the family?????

Glad you found one finally Bro. I look forward to stealing her away from you at the next shoot
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Negative,Capitalist!!!!!I'm keeping your paws away from the new addition!!!who knows, I may never see her again...I think I'm going with the green stock set from kvar..Almost hate to do it because the wood is surprisingly nice. I should have picked up some .223 wolf but I forgot.....
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Wolf!!!! Good heavens man.  Then you'll be tempted to try it in your AR, and worse yet, you'll find out it likes it.  This is a new day. Welcome to the dark side.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#25]
No shotar, no wolf in Mr Colt!!! I do use Wolf in all my Ruskies with great results...Capitalist has named her "Anna," after that sexy tennis vixen. she's already been cleaned, lubed, and is becoming comfortable in her new surroundings. we'll take her for a spin soon at GR...wonder if "Heidi" will be jealous???
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#26]
mmsig229 - good choice with the K-var stock.  Green huh?  As for Wolf/Barnaul, I've never had issues with it in my AR's.  My new 'gopher-gun' may give Heidi a run next time we get together (or whenever I cna get some optics on her).

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:30:20 AM EDT
[#27]
It looks like a good time was had by all. The 645 has fixed sights on it, I did hear about the screws on the 645 loosening up. A very pleasurable weekend, Spent sunday at church,then the zoo,took a rest,then had my sons game at night it was a vey special weekend.
You must know there is not many weekends that I don't work. I did have to go to work on saturday for 5 hrs to work a wedding.   DVerba
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like a great weekend!

Engineer, what did you get?

MMSig, if any of your ladies are jealous, they can find plenty lovin in my capable hands!  :-)

DVerba, glad you scored some time out of this place!

When's the next GR shoot?  
Scott
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Engineer, what did you get?

Scott, I picked up a Rock River Arms Varmint with a 20" barrel and EOP upper.  Don't have any optics yet, so it may not be ready if everybody decides to go to GR this weekend.

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Scottman, thanks for the offer, but I think I'll keep the family intact!!!!

Engineer, did you buy that RRA from Karen and Tony???? We should do breakfast later this week, I have to run up to Shuttlers anyway...

How about a shoot this sat at GR????????????I'll bring "Anna.".....
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Don't forget that Shuttlers has moved.  They are now accross from Lyndhurst city hall.  All the more convenient for me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Engineer, did you buy that RRA from Karen and Tony???? We should do breakfast later this week, I have to run up to Shuttlers anyway...

You mean Frank and Karen?  Yup - I think by now I've earned naming rights for their next child...

Sure, just let me know when - I'll try to drag my ass out of bed.

How about a shoot this sat at GR????????????I'll bring "Anna.".....

Sounds good - bring Heidi too!!!

Link Posted: 7/15/2003 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#33]
think i'm in for GR this coming weekend.  was going to go wheeling with some friends, but they're leaving before i get back into town, so it looks like a shooting weekend.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Frank & Karen, Karen and "Tony," well, at least I was half right, I'm getting better...
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#35]
whats GR? Can I bring my AR and go shooting with you guys sometime, Mine is barely broke in cuz i dont have anyone to shoot with.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:02:10 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
whats GR? Can I bring my AR and go shooting with you guys sometime, Mine is barely broke in cuz i dont have anyone to shoot with.

GR is Grand River Range. It's in West Farmington. Alot of us guys go there from time to time. We have a shoot there usually once a month or every other month. There will be an announcement before we have one, so you'll have plenty of notice
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#37]
and definitely plan to stay for dinner.  (and NO, I'm not paying this time...)

oh wait, I forgot .... we're all eatin' at mmsig229's after the next shoot!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#38]
seems like the shoots are the weekend after a gun show :)  

speaking of which, i need more ammo...
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top