Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 5/8/2003 10:03:57 AM EDT
I went to the Deer Creek range for the first time today.  It is nicer that the range in Delaware, but not quite as nice as the Spring Valley Range.  It has 5 positions at 100 yards, 3 at 50 yards, and the pistol range had about 10 positions.  The benches were pretty nice, but a little shaky. When I arrived everyone there was shooting bolt action rifles, so I was wondering if they would be bitchy about my shooting an AR.  Turns out that everyone there was super nice, and after I let one older guy put a mag through my Colt Accurized Rifle, he let me shoot his 6mm and 7mm rifles.  

Good range, very nice people.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 1:31:50 AM EDT
[#1]
How close is Dear Creek to Columbus?  I live up on the North side near the Polaris area.  Delaware ODNR is about 25-30 minutes for me.  If Dear Creak isn't to much farther, I might try that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks like DeerCreek is about an hour from Polaris.

What does one need to bring to shoot at the ODNR ranges?   Other than the obvious shooting equipment and pass of course. The webpage is a little vague, they talk about 'target holders' being required.  That mean I need to knock together a stand?
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#3]
It took me almost exactly 30 minutes to get from the Short North area to the Deer Creek Range, so I would guess about 45 minutes from Polaris.  I liked it better than Delaware, it is in better shape. Spring Valley is the nicest I have been to, but it is an hour from downtown Columbus.

I know that the Delaware range has target stands, but I didn't see any at Deer Creek (I have my own, so I wasn't really looking).  You can get a target stand at Gander Mountain for about $10, or just find an old real estate sign, they work great as well.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top