Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Tacked Places to shoot in Ohio (Page 2 of 9)
Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#1]
If SCSA no longer has a 200 yard range the closest range I can think of that does is Kelbleys in North Lawrence.

About 20 miles from the center of Medina.  South on OH57, left on OH94, east on Fox Lake Rd, south on Dalton-Fox Lake Road.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:06:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shotar] [#2]
Anyone know of anything in the Cleveland area? Particularly east of Cleveland?

I shoot at the ODNR range too sometimes, but shooting paper can get boring.

Any pistol ranges, even? The only one I know of is big bore in Eastlake and I'm not too anxious to use them - too expensive and the guy seems like a bit of an elitist prick.

edit
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#3]
for indoor pistol shooting, i usually go to Stonewall (I-77 & RT-82)
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I finally got in The Sandusky Co. Sportsmans Club in Gibsonburg, OH. Great bunch of people, was out there last thurs & fri and put 1,000 rds through my SAR-1 AK-47. The range officer even let me shoot his .223 sniper rifle, M-1 Garand, and K-98 Mauser 8mm!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 12:56:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Logan County Fish & Game Association.

50, 100, and 200 yard/meters (I havent measured it exact so I dont know which, probably yards though)

No range nazis (shoot unsupervised)

Open from dawn till dusk

Seperate range for Logan Co. Handgun Assoc., not really sure how far it is since I prefer rifle shooting and thus, am not a member of LCHA

$20 a year membership, available at Guns & Gear in Bellefontaine. probably other places too, but this is where I buy mine. Good shop, too...Clint lets me handle just about anything, every time I go in there, whether I buy anything or not

Down sides:

No full auto
Sunday is Boring Trap/Skeet Day
Logan Co. SO gets the range pretty much whenever they want and you just have to wait till their done, sometimes thats a couple days

I used to go to the Hardin Co. Coonhunters Club but its only a 100 yard range and theres really no room for more than like 2 people to shoot at once.

The Lima club has a 300 yard range? Wow....I might have to get over my intense hatred of Lima and head over there sometime. The 200 I shoot now is kind of pathetic for my .308's.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 11:40:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shotar] [#6]
I have been looking for a place to shoot for a little while ,I live in Sandusky,Ohio.Thinking about joining the erie county conservation league but can't find someone to sponser me any help would be gratefull

edit
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Clevelandish area:
West Branch Rilfe Pistol Club in Grafton, off Rt. 83, members only, need a sponser to get in, 100yrd rifle, muzzle loader range, pin range, 22 range, covered shooting positions, site: http://www.wbrpc.org/PublicInfo.asp

Indoor ranges:
Royal Ridge Shooters Supply, Brunswick, about 1/2 mile past Sleepy Hollow on Rt. 42.  

B&T Shooting Supplies and Range, Rt 57 in Loraine, less than 10 minutes North of either the turnpike or I90.

Northcoast Advnatage Outdoors.  Rt. 611 in Sheffield.  Turn north into Rt. 611 from I90,  for about 10 minutes. On right side.  

On East side, Big Bore.  

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#8]
i am a member of hocking county fish and game.but live in columbus.is there someplace closer to me?
p.s. i have ak's and ar's and like to bump fire etc..thanks
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:20:21 AM EDT
[#9]
For Erie County Conservation League , stop by the club house on Sunday  or Tuesday when they have the trap shoots and I  think you can find someone to help you out.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:29:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Another great place to shoot is at the Alliance Rifle Club range in Malvern . They have 2 highpower leagues ( NEO and Ohio-Penn) that share the range on weekends and alternate between an across-the-course match on one Sunday and a long range 600yard on the next.
A good source for range info is the Ohio Rifle and Pistol Association ( ORPA ) web page they have around 28 ranges and leagues listed and contact #'s
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:42:56 AM EDT
[#11]
For Long Range shooters out there , TUSCO rifle club is in the process of building a 1000 yard range , this will be the only range that we will have to practice on. We have Camp Perry's 1000 but can't practice there and ORPA only has one 1000 yard weekend.
I joined TUSCO to support their project because we , the 1000 yard shooters in Ohio , are the ones that are going to benefit. So if you can join , their dues are reasonable.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#12]
North east OH
http://www.solonsportsmen.org/
600 yrd with pit.
50 ft to 200 yrd under cover.

Amboy rifle club
Conneaut OH
50 ft in door hand gun and small bore

Conneaut fish and game

Ashtabula rod and gun

Madison Oh
Marxmen club
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:36:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shotar] [#13]

Originally Posted By notabadshot:
North east OH
http://www.solonsportsmen.org/
600 yrd with pit.
50 ft to 200 yrd under cover.

Amboy rifle club
Conneaut OH
50 ft in door hand gun and small bore

Conneaut fish and game

Ashtabula rod and gun

Madison Oh
Marxmen club

You ever go shooting at ORCO in Geneva? Or The Ashtabula Conservation Club in Sheffield?

edit
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:12:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: notabadshot] [#14]
Capi.

I have never shot at ORCO
But my friend Andy was a member.

The last we knew the range was slated to closed.
or was changeing hands cant remember detals.

I have shot with the marxmen was a nice bunch.
I have been with solon sportsman 2 yrs
nice range with a lot of improvements to
the 600.

I have been with Amboy off and on for
15 yr but we lost our long range.
Good for winter games
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By notabadshot:
Capi.

I have never shot at ORCO
But my friend Andy was a member.

The last we knew the range was slated to closed.
or was changeing hands cant remember detals.

I have shot with the marxmen was a nice bunch.
I have been with solan sportsman 2 yrs
nice range with a lot of improvements to
the 600.

I have been with Amboy off and on for
15 yr but we lost our long range.
Good for winter games

My Dad is a member of ORCO. We haven't heard of any closing rumors. We go there maybe 3 times a year. We've shot there with mmsig229 from this site a couple times. They have a nice indoor and outdoor range. You have to go with a member to shoot there. Where abouts is your homestead?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:46:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: notabadshot] [#16]
Capi
I live in OH's sharpest corner
we arnot the end of the world but you can see it from Conneaut.

Ps solon's range is not in solon
is is north of Andover another big town.
and south of Conneaut
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:05:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maynard] [#17]

Originally Posted By tk421:

The Lima club has a 300 yard range? Wow....I might have to get over my intense hatred of Lima and head over there sometime. The 200 I shoot now is kind of pathetic for my .308's.

The 300 yard range is open during Highpower shoots and the first Saturday of each month from 0800-1100 for practice.

Editted to add: The HP shoots are open to the public but supposedly the practices are for "members only."

If you are thinking about joining Lima Sabres,
I'm not sure how long LS is going to be a viable place to shoot. Quite a few rounds have left the range and ended up on adjacent landowners property. I think it's a matter of time before the neighbors get tired of taking incoming fire and file to get the place shut down.

Damn shame, it's a great facility but it's run by chimps who don't shoot very much and seem to think running background checks on potential members is a good idea.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By Maynard:

The 300 yard range is open during Highpower shoots and the first Saturday of each month from 0800-1100 for practice.

Editted to add: The HP shoots are open to the public but supposedly the practices are for "members only."

I'm not sure how long LS is going to be a viable place to shoot. Quite a few rounds have left the range and ended up on adjacent landowners property. I think it's a matter of time before the neighbors get tired of taking incoming fire and file to get the place shut down.

Damn shame, it's a great facility but it's run by chimps who don't shoot very much and seem to think running background checks on potential members is a good idea.

Well that really sucks I just joined the club last year. It great place some of the bolt action nazi's get on my nerves. Could they just build the backstops higher?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By stavman:

Well that really sucks I just joined the club last year. It great place some of the bolt action nazi's get on my nerves. Could they just build the backstops higher?

The backstops were raised after two incidents of rounds being retrieved from neighboring properties. This was done at the same time the Highpower pits were being built to give you a timeline.

The problem appears to be caused by rounds being skipped out of the range from targets being set too low and not impacting in the berm, also there are two "LEO" training classes that regularly use the ranges with little regard for proper weapons handling and safety practices.

The chimps in charge are the larger problem. There were proposals made to turn the pistol ranges at such an angle as to avoid shooting towards neighboring properties.

They were given little creedence.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:46:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Okay I see so most of the rounds are coming from the pistol area? I was out there today to shoot for a little while to damn cold though.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By stavman:
Okay I see so most of the rounds are coming from the pistol area? I was out there today to shoot for a little while to damn cold though.

To the best of my knowledge, all of the rounds or complaints of rounds leaving the range have come from the pistol side.

There was an incident where a jogger was supposedly peppered when he was jogging by also.
Link Posted: 1/14/2004 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By sharpshooter33:
Miami Rifle and Pistol near Eastern Cincinnati has a 50/100/150,200 covered bench range and a 200/300/600yard High Power Match range. Only range I know of in the area that has a 600yard range. They also have pistol ranges and do all NRA type shoots including High Power, Western, IPSC, etc. They have a web page I think it's something like MiamiRiflePistol.org But I'm not sure.
Membership is almost cap'd it cost around $65 a year.
Great Range! Good People!

Yes, It's www.miamirifle-pistol.org
Don't forget the plinking/subgun range, the IPSC pits, and the 2700 Pistol range!
Link Posted: 1/14/2004 11:09:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shotar] [#23]
How is Miami Rifle and Pistol?   I'm thinking about heading out there Sunday for thier "Navy" match.   Does it compare well with Fairfield Sportsmans?    

edit
Link Posted: 1/16/2004 5:11:44 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm northeast of Columbus by about 35 miles, I don't have too many outdoor ranges close to me. One I've heard of near me is Centerburg Conservation Club, but I haven't been able to get ahold of them at the number they published. Anyone know about this range?

I have my own land to shoot on, but I'd like to have a range to shoot at too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2004 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By tz99:
How is Miami Rifle and Pistol?      Does it compare well with Fairfield Sportsmans?    

Miami R&P is the best Highpower Rifle club within about 200 miles.
Fairfield is for shotgunners, Miami is for Riflemen.
Link Posted: 2/2/2004 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By swingset:
I'm northeast of Columbus by about 35 miles

I'm in Columbus and drive to Waynesville (halfway to Cincinnati) to shoot most of the time.   If your more East than North, you might not be to far from BriarRabbit in Zanesville.  I hit thier 'Rattle Battle' last summer and while it was a VERY long day, 40+ shooters, knocking down steel is so much nicer than paper :)
Link Posted: 2/3/2004 2:33:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shotar] [#27]
Yeah, TZ, I know about Briar Rabbit. I was at the Rattle Battle a couple times last year. It's still 1 hour away from me, and uncovered which is no fun in the sun!

I'm working on a steel plate course at my place, I may end up hosting events rather than messing around with local ranges, which are scarce near me.

edit
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I live in Holmes County. I haven't found any ranges in the area other then my parents land. I'd like to take my AR out to a range close by and get to know some people in the area that are interested in our sort of thing. Any suggestions?

Besides my parents are getting sick of the tore up grass and brass all over
Link Posted: 3/9/2004 6:55:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Youngstown Rifle and Pistol

Just off the Ohio Turnpike at the I80/I76 interchange.

200yd rifle, four outdoor pistol fingers, indoor pistol, and trap.

NRA sanctioned HP leauge shoots every month.  CMP Sporter Rifle matches and 200yd rimfire matches.  Annual Pearl Harbor Day and D-Day Memorial Garand matches.  HP practice every Thurs eve after the time change.  HP Clinic and J.C. Garand match Mar 27/28.

IDPA the first Sunday of the month and trap every Tues eve.

Details at http://www.yrpc.org
Link Posted: 3/11/2004 11:56:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mn41] [#30]
if you are looking for a place closer to mansfield email me
Link Posted: 4/4/2004 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#31]
I goto the NewPort Sportmans club. $10 the first year, $5 a year after that. No one watching ove rmy shoulder, its great.
Link Posted: 4/9/2004 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Can I get an update on outdoor ranges in the Medina, Akron area.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By themistocles3:
A&A shooting range, 20 miles east of Chagrin Falls on Fenstermaker Rd. off of 422.  Go right on Fenstermaker and go 1 mile.  250, 100, and 50 yard ranges open on weekends.   Five-Stand on Thursday nights under the lights and all day on Sat and Sundays.  A little on the expensive side at about $6 per round/hour but if you only get out once every other month or so it aint half bad.  He has memberships available but I havent bothered to look into it heavily.

250 yds? No wonder my "200 yard" shots seemed so much harder there.
You learn something new every day!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#34]
For you guys around north central. Northcoast on SR611 is closed down. The guy went out of buisness from what I under stand.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:03:26 AM EDT
[#35]
North Coast is out of business. If you call their phone # you will get B&T in Lorain.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:59:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer] [#36]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:21:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jjmcrowell] [#37]

Miami R&P is the best Highpower Rifle club within about 200 miles.
Fairfield is for shotgunners, Miami is for Riflemen.

FSA 300 yd rifle range is very nice, I've shot at both, then joined FSA. Miami R & P does have the 600 yd range, but it's hardly usable with the drive way so close and that red light system to let cars by.
Link Posted: 6/22/2004 11:43:33 PM EDT
[#38]
The indoor range I go to is The Riverside Range in Cuyahoga Falls. It is on Front Street by all of the car dealerships. You can see their big painted sign from Rt8 South. You can shoo anything up to a 338 Win Mag inside. It is a 25yrd range.

There is also a place called the Deer Hunter. They are on Barber Rd right near the big Fred Martin car lot. Never been there but I have heard that it is OK.

Brian
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By mazter:
Im a Member of the Hocking Valley Fish & Game Assoc. In Logan, Ohio. About 60 miles south of Columbus. We have a 100yd & 200yd Range with 8 covered shooting position's, Hang your own target, There are plans to put in a Pistol Range this Spring. There is also 70 acres you can hunt on, and it butt's up to 100 public hunting. We have a monthly meeting/dinner & Friends of the NRA dinner's. And you also get a key to the range, and to the Clubhouse grounds which sit on Lake Logan. We have fundraiser's and shooting match's all the time.
 The first year is $30 & $25 every year after.
I shoot there alot, nice and out in the country. All Arms Welcome to shoot.

If interested E-mail me [email protected]

I tried e-mailing you, but it bounced.  Does anybody have information about joining?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I live in Medina and every week I hear highpower gunfire near Bueller's Grocery store on Route 18. The fire has to be about 2 miles away. I was told there is a range in the area called the COON CLUB. Problem is I can't find the range or a contact number. Anyone out there know anything about this range and have a contact #?

TIA
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Watersniper,

I saw your post about Elmore CC east of Toledo.  Do you have a contact number for them?  Didn't see anything on their site with one.  Do you need to be sponsered to join?  I'm looking for a buddy of mine who lives in Toledo.  He's tried a couple in Monroe, MI, but one of them has a 4 year waiting list, and he just wasn't impressed with the other (don't know the names of them, sorry).

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#42]

<center><table width=85% border=0><tr><td width=100% class=textBody><hr height=1px color=black noshade>Originally Posted By tk421:

Lima Sabres DO NOT run NRA approved matches.  For those interested in having their scores recorded for classification, it is a waste of ammo.  Not even good for practice, since the time I went, no one knew how to run a match efficiently.

I'm not going back, particularly when Old Trails Rifle Club in Richmond, IN is just as close to me, their matches are NRA approved, and they have their shit in one sack.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Here's a really nice club about 1 hour from the Dayton metro area: Old Trails Rifle & Pistol Club, Richmond, Indiana
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Fairfield Sportsmen Association member also.

I mostly shoot shotgun (skeet), my glock 23, and plink with a .22 Marlin lever action.  I am on the waiting list for a Bushmaster ar15 m4a3.  This will be my first ar15.  I am very interested in shooting one before i get mine.  If any of you other ar15 owners that belong to FSA would like to introduce me to the ar15 world email me at [email protected] .  I will gladly pay for ammo.  I am wanting to learn the ar15 inside in out.  From field stripping to detail stripping.  Assembling new uppers and lowers and everything.  I have always wanted an ar15 but was waiting for the ban to lift to purchase one.

I will also be attending the gun show at Sharonville convention center at the end of the month  looking for some good buys.

So if you want to head out to FSA for some shooting contact me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Kramers guns in Celina has a great indoor pistol range.

Of course I built a 50 yard range in my backyard.
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#46]
I use range #2 from bulletfest. It (blacks)will be the only range for next year. You can get out to 300 yards and mostly unsupervised. You can shoot anything you want there. There is usually someone there firing away on the weekends. directions are at www.bulletfest.net  anyone interested IM me and I'll give you contact info for Jack.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#47]
are their any rifle ranges in the cincinnati or nothern ky area that allow you to pay by the day or hour, or is everything on a membership basis?
Link Posted: 1/26/2005 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Hi
im in Youngstown/ Trumbull county area
wondering where i can go to shoot
i went to the youngstown club page
but it doesnt really say much about  it lol
where are the the odnr ranges?
thanx fer yer time
Link Posted: 1/27/2005 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By Social_Zombie:
Hi
im in Youngstown/ Trumbull county area
wondering where i can go to shoot
i went to the youngstown club page
but it doesnt really say much about  it lol
where are the the odnr ranges?
thanx fer yer time

Hello. A good amount of us meet at the ODNR rifle range in Trumbal county every month during the warm months. The ODNR rifle range is 2 miles east of Rte 88 on Rte 422. Look for a large pile of gravel to the left and turn down that road. It dead ends into the range.
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Just joined Middletown Sportsmen Club.  I'm 21, so I generally get treated like a kid at most places, but I felt VERY welcome at this place.  They are very friendly, and the grounds are well kept and very safe.  The range was very nice.
Page / 9
Tacked Places to shoot in Ohio (Page 2 of 9)
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top