View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

link please?
Confiscation
Wow.  CA DOJ are on a roll.  

Seems to be another case of a legal owner who did a legal transfer after the 12/31/16 date.  He's in the right, but may have to spend a lot of money to prove it.

Total bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 1:57:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Confiscation
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

link please?
Confiscation
Thread got shit-canned at calguns.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That's weird.  Why'd they do that?   When I finished reading last night, there was someone trying to get the OP to stop posting.  The OP was unconcerned about his posts and said so.

Did someone on staff decide to nuke the entire thread?

OP, thanks for bringing this to our attention.  We need to know what's happening and you helped.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's weird.  Why'd they do that?   When I finished reading last night, there was someone trying to get the OP to stop posting.  The OP was unconcerned about his posts and said so.

Did someone on staff decided to nuke the entire thread?

OP, thanks for bringing this to our attention.  We need to know what's happening and you helped.
View Quote
It was likely canned by request. He was looking to lawyer up via NRA and Michael and Associates. If he got contact, they likely wanted no info to be out there.
Or he realized it was not good to have that info public prior to a lawsuit/defense.  That is my best guess.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
Darn Calguns boinked it
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#6]
DOJ once again proves that registration does lead to confiscation (And arrest). No, they're not coming after our guns, noooo, not at all
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
That link comes up lame on calguns for me. Is there another available?...

ETA: Disregard, I read the rest of the thread...
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#8]
That thread is ghost
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have to say, these incidents and this thread are VERY educational.

I process the events thru my version of reality (my understanding of law) and find all sorts of new things I need to know.
View Quote
Yep. Don't try to register a lower you DROS after Dec 31, 2016 as a BBAW.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yep. Don't try to register a lower you DROS after Dec 31, 2016 as a BBAW.
View Quote
I went featureless or converted to rimfire on everything.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Nor try to register anything that you had as a BBAW before 2017 if there is any technicality that might cause DOJ to treat it as a post-2016 acquisition, such as a pawn and return, return from LE possession, or perhaps other things as well, even though the law would seem to indicate that neither title nor continuous ownership/possession prior to 2017 is actually required.  As usual, the DOJ makes up what it wants and treats it with force of law.  Those people are just plain corrupt, to put it very nicely.

Honestly, don't try to register anything at all.  Before anything even started I figured things like this or worse would happen.  Registration is just a bad idea if it can be avoided.  It brings the type of attention to yourself that you do not want, and they will be looking for any technicality to use to confiscate your guns or prosecute you.  No matter how much it upsets the pro-registration people, registration is a bad idea and you should not do it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I went featureless or converted to rimfire on everything.
View Quote
I wondered why everyone didn't just do a 22 conversion on all rifles and not registered a thing.  You guys should move.  Everything I liked to do in Cali was a felony, but just one state over it is not only legal but socially acceptable.  Come on over and shoot my belt fed sometime!
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Come on over and shoot my belt fed sometime!
View Quote
LOL!

In California, a belt that can hold more than 10 cartridges is considered a high capacity magazine and is a felony.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You guys should move.
View Quote
I used to think this was the greatest State in the Nation.  I no longer do.

What I see going on out here is really, really bad.  Bad, as in unconstitutional, criminally illegal, treasonous and a gross dereliction of duties of the Office.  Yeah, IMO, it's THAT bad.  I am actively planning to leave.  The question is not IF, only WHEN and WHERE.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Apparently, I am not alone in wanting to leave.

46% of those surveyed want to leave the SF Bay area.  22% want to get out of California, altogether.  <--  that's 1/4 to 1/2 of the population!

Lots of reasons are cited as causes but underlying most/all is State politics.

"The survey was a joint effort by advocacy group Bay Area Council and public opinion data firm EMC Research. The poll involved 1,000 registered voters in the Bay Area."

Sacramento Bee Survey Results
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Like I said, I didn't realize what I was doing was wrong.
View Quote
You weren't doing anything wrong.  What you did was illegal. The opposite applies to the DOJ people.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Imagine if 100% of the 1/4 - 1/2 all voted. You could easily take the state back.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Imagine if 100% of the 1/4 - 1/2 all voted. You could easily take the state back.
View Quote
You assume they are all R voters...
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:33:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted: Never trust LE, never concede anything to them, and don't register guns with people who want to take them away.
View Quote
This exactly. Back in my home state there were at least some officers who supported 2A rights. Won’t find that here. The sheriffs won’t even give you a conceal carry permit in most counties.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:12:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This exactly. Back in my home state there were at least some officers who supported 2A rights. Won’t find that here. The sheriffs won’t even give you a conceal carry permit in most counties.
View Quote
You cannot get the CCW in the counties where you most need it.  I am leaving this State ASAP.  The timing just isn't right at this moment but soon.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You cannot get the CCW in the counties where you most need it.  I am leaving this State ASAP.  The timing just isn't right at this moment but soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right?!  I carried for nearly 10yrs lawfully before moving here from GA. Now I’m in San Jose, no permit for meee yet I see gang bangers printing in the streets every day.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm sorry for your loss.

I would suggest that politics sometimes reverses itself. Perhaps you could pay someone to find out the names of the officers involved for future recovery efforts, when the federal DOJ cleans out the corruption and treason, however unlikely some may think that now.

Keep the information on them and your firearms for future Justice.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I can confirm this is still happening in CA. I live in Southern California and almost exactly the same thing occurred yesterday. I’ve now lost my oldest AR, one I bought the day I turned 18 and have owned since.

This state is out of control.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Any further details you can share?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I can confirm this is still happening in CA. I live in Southern California and almost exactly the same thing occurred yesterday. I’ve now lost my oldest AR, one I bought the day I turned 18 and have owned since.

View Quote
@2Aallday the OP had a post-1/1/2017 lower built "improperly" - but you mention your "oldest AR", is that pre-1/1/2017 and if so what was the issue???  If post-1/1/2017 then still curious what happened, but seems like there are more pitfalls....
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
A few more details, please.  Within reason, where, who and why?

Was it one that nominally should have been registered way back when?  what brought it to the attention of the authorities.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
First post,... located in California,... WE NEED DETAILS!
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: Never trust LE, never concede anything to them, and don't register guns with people who want to take them away.
Most CA counties issue now for minimal "good cause" or self-defence as good cause.  Most of the ones with large populations, where you would need it most, don't issue or make it very difficult.  But they are the minority of counties.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Here's one that ended out okay.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1485878
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 2:29:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Here's one that ended out okay.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1485878
View Quote
That anything happened at all is serious cause for concern.  What if it were a pre-2014 purchase and he had no receipts (I have no receipts for most of my firearms, including all of my pre-2014 ones)?  Would they have confiscated it?  Charged him?  What if the wife had let them in and they found something they interpreted to be illegal, whether it is or not?  He was dumb for not consulting an attorney.

THere is no justification for this, no bright side, no silver lining.  It is not tolerable, and IMO DOJ agents should be viewed the same as traitors.  They utterly disgust me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
... IMO DOJ agents should be viewed the same as traitors.  They utterly disgust me.
View Quote
In the trials at Nuremburg, one element of defense by all those on trial was, "I was merely following orders."
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 12:42:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Man you guys are stupid in California trusting the govt but I do respect you all for sticking it out and not running to another state like cowards.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Man you guys are stupid in California trusting the govt but I do respect you all for sticking it out and not running to another state like cowards.
View Quote
Trust the government???  Are you kidding me?  If THAT is what you take away from this thread, you should re-read the thread, as you have seriously misinterpreted it.

P.S. - Idaho is on the top of my list of places to retire to.  I'll be bringing other Californians with me if and when I come.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Trust the government???  Are you kidding me?  If THAT is what you take away from this thread, you should re-read the thread, as you have seriously misinterpreted it.

P.S. - Idaho is on the top of my list of places to retire to.  I'll be bringing other Californians with me if and when I come.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Californians transplants are the cockroaches and demise of our state. It doesn't matter who you are. You keep bringing your Californian friends which is causing the cost of living, overcrowding of schools, infrastructure, crime, and real estate to sky rocket. Once you move you can't keep your pie holes shut and can't figure out why the price of everything keeps on going up. Californians think they are conservative they move to Idaho and are always saying garbage like, "in California we do it this way". Idaho is full go somewhere else.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Californians transplants are the cockroaches and demise of our state. It doesn't matter who you are. You keep bringing your Californian friends which is causing the cost of living, overcrowding of schools, infrastructure, crime, and real estate to sky rocket. Once you move you can't keep your pie holes shut and can't figure out why the price of everything keeps on going up. Californians think they are conservative they move to Idaho and are always saying garbage like, "in California we do it this way". Idaho is full go somewhere else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I'm not sorry to say that I've added ID to my shortlist of States to which I'm considering moving.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
and their votes aren't stolen.  OC went for 300k votes for Cox to all blue? I call bullshit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
and their votes aren't stolen.  OC went for 300k votes for Cox to all blue? I call bullshit
Those districts are not all contained fully within Orange County.  And for whatever reason the suburban Republican with a degree (many of whom have shifted towards the Centre) is revolting against the party, and by no means just in CA.  It's a nationwide issue.  Whether or not it's some sort of temporary lashing out or a longer-term trend is the real question, and in OC we won't know for a couple more elections at least.  It's atually pretty alarming, because the Republican suburban population was one of the only big constituencies for the party outside of rural areas.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Does this constitute a form of "ant burning"?  It is a nice, well-reasoned post on the California Home Town Forum.

According to this guy, just by virtue of the State we happen to live in -

We are "stupid".
We are "cowards".
Californians are "cockroaches".  
Californians are solely responsible for inflation in Idaho.
Californians are solely responsible for crime in Idaho.
We have "pie holes" not mouths, not votes, not informed opinions,... "pie holes".
We are not entitled to engage in civil discourse; something which we cannot look to wspe1 to model for us.  
Anything we say is "garbage".

On top of it all, apparently, wspe1 is entitled to pronounce that "Idaho is full".  He must be God,... or a worker for the State government,... or something important.

P.S. - You don't get a vote on the question of location to which we move.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:01:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Californians transplants are the cockroaches and demise of our state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Californians transplants are the cockroaches and demise of our state.
ORLY?

Quoted:
Idaho is full go somewhere else.
Okey dokey!
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right.... these people will move and spread the cancer. I HATE to say it, but I'm questioning voting rights these days.

I'm not sure what I'll do next. We left the Bay Area and moved deep into the mountains and I intend to stay until my kids grow into adults, but I may not be able to swing that. We'll see. Vogue magazine
just wrote an article encouraging people from the Bay Area to move to my town. They'll bring their shitty attitudes and policies with them.

With regards to the CADOJ: FU.  I bought rifles neutered to your standards, then you change the rules and require me to spends hundreds of dollars to comply or risk criminal charges. Sounds legit to me. What a slippery slope we're on. The precedent set by this is disgusting. Imagine if they start impounding cars that aren't compliant with some future law the conjure up.

I'm all legal with featureless and fixed mag now. I moved one rifle out of state to avoid neutering it. My next step is to get a second safe and store uppers/lowers separately.

They've basically succeeded, I'm almost ready to sell off my AR's and build more precision bolt rifles.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:04:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Californians transplants are the cockroaches and demise of our state. It doesn't matter who you are.
View Quote
Use to live in kali and moved to Wa 18yrs ago. Now the transplants from kali and overseas has turned this place liberal and they're starting down the kali road guns wise. We just lost to major anti gun initiatives recently.

A friend of mine finally escaped kali, moved to oklahoma then to Id just a few years ago. I warned him where Id's headed.

Hate to say it, but your state is headed down the same road as kali, Wa, and Or. Reason your population is increasing is because your state keeps inviting them, and with that comes the liberal minset. Doesn't matter how many pro-gun people you get, the libs/anti-gun people always outnumber the pro-gun.

Dont worry, I wont be coming to your state. It'll be overrun in 10yrs. By the time I retire Im making a bigger leap than the kali-to-wa one. Im talkin alaska, montanna or wyoming. Those places are managing to stay pretty rural.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Use to live in kali and moved to Wa 18yrs ago. Now the transplants from kali and overseas has turned this place liberal and they're starting down the kali road guns wise. We just lost to major anti gun initiatives recently.

A friend of mine finally escaped kali, moved to oklahoma then to Id just a few years ago. I warned him where Id's headed.

Hate to say it, but your state is headed down the same road as kali, Wa, and Or. Reason your population is increasing is because your state keeps inviting them, and with that comes the liberal minset. Doesn't matter how many pro-gun people you get, the libs/anti-gun people always outnumber the pro-gun.

Dont worry, I wont be coming to your state. It'll be overrun in 10yrs. By the time I retire Im making a bigger leap than the kali-to-wa one. Im talkin alaska, montanna or wyoming. Those places are managing to stay pretty rural.
View Quote
Montana is already purple. Quite a few liberals up there.

Jon Tester just won reelection.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top