Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2017 8:40:58 PM EDT
I’m sure this has been covered a million times, but with the constantly changing laws I figured I’d make sure.

Going to be visiting some family in LA area next week, driving from Arizona. I’ll be in possession of a glock 19 gen 4 and glock 43. Mags will be shipped to my follow on destination after LA because I don’t have any 10 rounders.

So, as I understand it, as long as the gun is locked in the trunk of my vehicle (actual trunk, not hatchback, etc) and unloaded, I’m good, correct? Do I have a duty to inform if I’m pulled over?

I know the gen 4 glocks are on the banned list but it seems as though you just can’t buy them new, but can possess them?

Thanks again for clearing these muddy waters.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool. Yeah, wasn’t clear about that... going to Utah after California. Shipping to address there, so won’t be in state, period. I will have my 43 mags with extensions, but those are 8 rounds only.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I know the gen 4 glocks are on the banned list but it seems as though you just can’t buy them new, but can possess them?
View Quote

Huh?

That a firearm is not on the roster of handguns allowed to be sold does NOT mean a firearm cannot legally be brought into the State, be possessed and transported here.

If they are banned by name, you cannot bring it into the State.  There are certain features, things like barrel shrouds and threaded barrels, that would also make it an assault weapon and would mean you cannot legally bring it into the State.  If the firearm is an assault weapon, there is no storage method that makes it legal to bring into CA.

The magazine issues are separate from the firearm issue.  No high caps can be brought into CA unless they were owned and possessed here prior to Jan 1, 2000.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top