Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/18/2017 7:59:59 PM EDT
A member in calguns started a thread asking for a protected and vetted sub forum there for liberal democrat gun owners.

One said that he was leaving and encouraged the OP to do the same.

I said they should both leave, like leave this mortal coil.

5 day ban for offensive post.

Seriously? Liberals and democrats are THE REASON we have such IDIOTIC law against our guns-but when they ask for a safe space I can’t tell em to just go die?

Ya ya their forum their rules, but why are liberals even tolerated there? Has calguns gone that far left?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Theres a lot of new and young shooters on that site. Its gonna take time for them to learn and mature.
I shake my head a lot to some of the stupid stuff people there do and think.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You mean like the “Brown is 2A friendly, vote for him!”
Or
“I vote on more than just the 2A.”

I mean I’ll go back but Jesus Christ
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:59:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Now they are so secure they petition for their own sub forum.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 1:19:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Theres a lot of new and young shooters on that site. Its gonna take time for them to learn and mature.
I shake my head a lot to some of the stupid stuff people there do and think.
View Quote
You pretty much described quite a few here.  But, I have hope for them yet.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 1:24:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Marlinowners did the same thing with a club for .444 fans.  I guess the .444 folks got tired of being told their favorite round was ballistically inferior to the 45-70 so they wanted a place in secret to meet and pound their chests.

Quite a few of us were unkind to them and since we hurt their feelings and wouldn't follow the net Nazis party line we were banned.

On the plus side one of the banned set up his own web site for the outlaws.  Too bad it didn't last.  But some of us still show up on different forums, and we know we are Outlaws and why.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Or

I mean I’ll go back but Jesus Christ
View Quote
"I am socially liberal, but fiscally conservative" group
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Gone? It's been a leftist shithole for years. 
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:48:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gone? It's been a leftist shithole for years. 
View Quote
Pretty much this.  

I went there twice and never looked back.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I bailed out in 2005.  Total loons

"Two weeks!"
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to be a regular there until about 7-8 years ago. Was a donor, went to some gatherings etc.

Shit got weird over there. Let me rephrase that, shit was always weird on there but it went full derp.

Going to gatherings, range days and running into some of these guys at gun shows, I quickly learned that 80% of the members were a pretty odd lot.

Like "smile, nod your head and slowly back away" kind of weird. Mall ninjas, wannabe real ninjas, creepers etc. And then there was the whole G-Pal (or whatever it was called) fraud thing and resulting coverup.

And they thought ARFcom was full of "meanies", they got their feels hurt by the California bashing that goes on here, taking it as a personal insult.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And then there was the whole G-Pal (or whatever it was called) fraud thing and resulting coverup.
View Quote
Huh?  Can you explain this, in brief?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I vote on more than the 2nd, too.

I won't vote for a Dem even if they are pro 2nd.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It was supposed to be like PayPal but for gun owners! The guy that started it ended up pulling some shady shit from what I got out of the story.

I don't think he was connected to Calguns personally but they were drawn into it and it went downhill from there.

People that know the whole story won't say anything because they're protecting others and possible backlash on Calguns.
View Quote
IIRC, the founder was connected to calguns in some way (beyond just being a member there).

He was a heavy advertiser on the site and had some connection to the admins/site owners.

There was credit card fraud, an arrest, lawsuits, people lost money etc. And Calguns was pretty judicious about censoring/deleting threads pertaining to it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I remember the Gpal fiasco.
They did bury it fast.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

IIRC, the founder was connected to calguns in some way (beyond just being a member there).

He was a heavy advertiser on the site and had some connection to the admins/site owners.

There was credit card fraud, an arrest, lawsuits, people lost money etc. And Calguns was pretty judicious about censoring/deleting threads pertaining to it.
View Quote
Artherd.  AKA Ben Cannon.  The guy who lived with his parents, and kept posting that creepy pic of himself wearing a prom tux holding his JP AR15.  In his parents house.

Might still live with his parents for all I know.

Was accused of pulling girls over with fake police gear.

Pretended to own a Ferarri as I recall.

A legend in his own mind.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Or
View Quote
Yep.

Hell many don't know or seem to care what the word "infringed" means.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I haven't posted there in about 9 years but once or twice. During the Obama campaign things were way too liberal for me.

This place allows for attacks on members from California and only from California and even as a staff member I've quit for a month period about once a year ....  nobody notices or cares.

Mob rule rules.
View Quote
Serious question Paul, you seem to hate it on here, why haven't you left? 
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 12:40:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That's like when we had the recall and all the Fucktards kept saying to vote for Arnie!

Tom McClintock was the "ONLY" candidate who came out on TV and said he supported the 2A!!! The rest is history, oh that and Arnie the RINO gave us the .50 ban!

So fuck them "I'm more then a 2A voter" idiots, they have no understanding of it! They should be booted off the board. Back in the day they would've been run off and nobody would've cared!
View Quote
McClintock actually had a chance of winning absent Arnold, IIRC.  Bustamante was tainted by Davis.  I remember the attack ads against him and thinking, "Man, if he supports all of that, he is my kind of guy."
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 2:21:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

McClintock actually had a chance of winning absent Arnold, IIRC.  Bustamante was tainted by Davis.  I remember the attack ads against him and thinking, "Man, if he supports all of that, he is my kind of guy."
View Quote
He was the only one with a plan, too.

In interviews, he would actually answer the questions instead of spewing drivel and platitudes.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:47:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Some fuckface actually said this on CG the other day in response to this new Magic Line device coming out.

"Words cannot express just how stupid this is...
It will fall into the same boat as "gun show loophole" and "bump fire"
It will damage our 2nd amendment rights in Kommiefornia
The left will simply oulaw SACF and be done with it

This POS does nothing to help the cause...
and EVERYTHING to create a damaging workaround

Register, go featureless or move/sell out of Kali...
Anything else creates more animosity with the left. "

Is this moron for real? What kind of defeatist bullshit is this? Fuck him and his entire genetic lineage.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 4:04:23 AM EDT
[#25]
It's always been shit, as long as I've been into guns. 

I only use it to sell stuff. 
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 12:36:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Has calguns gone left?
View Quote
Yes.

It has.

One of the multitude of reasons I departed half a decade ago.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 3:16:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Artherd.  AKA Ben Cannon.  The guy who lived with his parents, and kept posting that creepy pic of himself wearing a prom tux holding his JP AR15.  In his parents house.

Might still live with his parents for all I know.

Was accused of pulling girls over with fake police gear.

Pretended to own a Ferarri as I recall.

A legend in his own mind.
View Quote
LOL.    You just cannot make this shit up.   Truth stranger than fiction.

Dont forget the cop that was buying non-listed guns with his LE exemption then turning around to advertise on CalGuns and sell the hell out of them at a pretty good mark up.    That made decent news on a couple forums when the arrest was made.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I haven't posted there in about 9 years but once or twice. During the Obama campaign things were way too liberal for me.

This place allows for attacks on members from California and only from California and even as a staff member I've quit for a month period about once a year ....  nobody notices or cares.

Mob rule rules.
View Quote
Meh, we attack everything here.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Some fuckface actually said this on CG the other day in response to this new Magic Line device coming out.

"Words cannot express just how stupid this is...
It will fall into the same boat as "gun show loophole" and "bump fire"
It will damage our 2nd amendment rights in Kommiefornia
The left will simply oulaw SACF and be done with it

This POS does nothing to help the cause...
and EVERYTHING to create a damaging workaround

Register, go featureless or move/sell out of Kali...
Anything else creates more animosity with the left. "

Is this moron for real? What kind of defeatist bullshit is this? Fuck him and his entire genetic lineage.
View Quote
I read that! It seemed like an ingenious idea but a lot of people were advocating for registering???!!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Artherd.  AKA Ben Cannon. ... Was accused of pulling girls over with fake police gear. ...
View Quote
Longtime scam artist. Created fake charities, collected donations. Ran an AR lower group buy to enrich himself, didn't lift a finger when the DoJ confiscated them (under a weak pretense); others had to rescue them. Created GunPal/GPal, to compete with PayPal but for firearms, then claimed that the money had been taken from him, when he really owed his credit card tens of thousands, and the GPal money was used to pay that off.  He still owes lots of people. Was the founding treasurer (!) of the Calguns Foundation.

On his arrest: he had feeble excuses for the fake police gear (flashing lights on his BMW for his construction work, ha ha). Got out of that criminal case by getting a good lawyer, a friend of his rich dad, and by forging an alibi: he had cellphone records showing that he was in Sacramento at the time, having dinner with a friend. Only problem: that friend is a database administrator who works for AT&T billing (you can't make that stuff up). He had already been arrested for the same thing in a different state earlier.

Having a big ego, he sued all agencies and the newspaper for his "wrongful" arrest in federal court. The records of that lawsuit show that the guy is a nutcase, and he was slapped down.

Was arrested in San Francisco perhaps a year ago on a felony warrant from another county (perhaps Sonoma, his home), in addition to traffic offenses in SF.

Remember the "Ghost ship" disaster in Oakland: old warehouse used for rock party caught fire, killing dozens? It had been rewired for more power by a contractor who isn't licensed to do electrical work (and also warned the owners that the setup is bad).  He's that contractor! Identified in court papers of the ghost ship fire, and the registry of licensed contractors in California has only our Ben Cannon; indeed not licensed for electrical work.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 3:37:49 PM EDT
[#31]
But the real problem with Calguns.net is not Ben.  The fact is that 2/3 of California voters, and perhaps 1/3 of California gun owners are liberal; and even California republicans are for the most part not the strict conservatives that make up the majority of Calguns posters (and yes, there is a small but vocal minority of liberals on there).  The problem is that the forum has become an echo chamber, for people who typically hate government, detest the legal system, and confuse their wishes with the legal reality.  Posters that try to introduce some facts or knowledge (like Fiddletown or FabioGetsGoosed, both skilled and respected attorneys) get shouted down.  Even Bill Wiese (the one decent person on the Calguns foundation) now gets blowback for trying to inject some sense.

The reality is: The Calguns forum is for the most part a money-making venture for its owner Paul.  He benefits from having it being an echo chamber where a few ten thousand California strict conservatives live in their own version of "reality", and he can sell ads that cater to them.  I don't know whether he deliberately allows some debate and friction to keep the place more lively, or whether he has even studied how the political debate in there affects his finances.

As long as the gun culture in California remains rooted in the far right-wing political corner of the Calguns forum, and scam operation that the CGF=FPC=CalFFL have become, there is no chance to improve gun rights in this state.  The CRPA and Chuck Michel are trying to do a little bit, but the solution is not to beat back anti-gun laws in court (because they are mostly legal and constitutional), but to change hearts and minds.  And that will not be accomplished by lobbing insults at the majority.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It seemed like an ingenious idea but a lot of people were advocating for registering???!!!
View Quote
If you want "features" (like a pistol grip), you have to register.  Legally, that means keeping the bullet button (sorry, but it's the law, and those people who actually read and listen saw that coming).  On the other hand, if you don't need features (meaning grip wrap, rimfire, fin, U15 stock, or ...), you don't have to register.  I like both, and have both kinds of AR rifles.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
the strict conservatives that make up the majority of Calguns posters
View Quote
.............. wait......... you can't be serious? I quit posting on calguns because it was over run will LIBERAL gun owners. The vote for Moonbeam because he is a gun supporter was the last straw for me.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Longtime scam artist. Created fake charities, collected donations. Ran an AR lower group buy to enrich himself, didn't lift a finger when the DoJ confiscated them (under a weak pretense); others had to rescue them. Created GunPal/GPal, to compete with PayPal but for firearms, then claimed that the money had been taken from him, when he really owed his credit card tens of thousands, and the GPal money was used to pay that off.  He still owes lots of people. Was the founding treasurer (!) of the Calguns Foundation.

On his arrest: he had feeble excuses for the fake police gear (flashing lights on his BMW for his construction work, ha ha). Got out of that criminal case by getting a good lawyer, a friend of his rich dad, and by forging an alibi: he had cellphone records showing that he was in Sacramento at the time, having dinner with a friend. Only problem: that friend is a database administrator who works for AT&T billing (you can't make that stuff up). He had already been arrested for the same thing in a different state earlier.

Having a big ego, he sued all agencies and the newspaper for his "wrongful" arrest in federal court. The records of that lawsuit show that the guy is a nutcase, and he was slapped down.

Was arrested in San Francisco perhaps a year ago on a felony warrant from another county (perhaps Sonoma, his home), in addition to traffic offenses in SF.

Remember the "Ghost ship" disaster in Oakland: old warehouse used for rock party caught fire, killing dozens? It had been rewired for more power by a contractor who isn't licensed to do electrical work (and also warned the owners that the setup is bad).  He's that contractor! Identified in court papers of the ghost ship fire, and the registry of licensed contractors in California has only our Ben Cannon; indeed not licensed for electrical work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Artherd.  AKA Ben Cannon. ... Was accused of pulling girls over with fake police gear. ...

Huh, whuddya know. Truth can be stranger then fiction.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/24/exclusive-ghost-ship-owners-knew-of-dangerous-electrical-system-before-deadly-fire/
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
.............. wait......... you can't be serious? I quit posting on calguns because it was over run will LIBERAL gun owners. The vote for Moonbeam because he is a gun supporter was the last straw for me.
View Quote
A: The biggest proponent of "vote for Brown" was Bill Wiese, who is an avowed republican.  And on balance Brown has been good for gun owners (he is one himself, shoots regularly); he has vetoed some of the more outrageous things to come out of the legislature.  The alternatives would have been much worse.  Bill was also pushing Trutanich for some elected office, which backfired spectacularly.

B: That was about 7 years ago.  Much water has gone down the Sacramento River since, and Calguns.net has changed significantly.  Not for the better, in my humble opinion.

C: Clearly, political positions are in the eye of the beholder.  What you consider "liberal" I would probably consider "centrist", and what I consider "fringe ultra-conservative nutcase" you would probably consider "centrist".  That's not a problem.  What is a problem is that lots of people (in particular on the Calguns forum) don't want to hear positions that they disagree with.  I still read much of it and laugh (or cry).
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Huh, whuddya know. Truth can be stranger then fiction.
View Quote
Actually, it's exactly the printed copy of that article that clued me into this story.  I was crumpling up a stack of old newspaper to start the woodstove with, when suddenly I saw the well-known picture of Ben (he used to have a picture very much like this as his avatar, and I've met him personally).  At first I thought it must be some article about gun rights, but instead it was about "Ben not an electrician" (*) and his subleased unit in the ghost ship, and his electrical work.  Very amusing.

(*) That is a pun on his wife's book: She's a elementary or preschool teacher, and when they got married, she draw a cartoon book titled "Ben not a puppy", which is a cute story about a puppy who happens to have Ben's easily recognizable face.  Ben had lots of copies printed for cheap in China, and with his knack for public relations announced it as the next breakthrough in children's books, and got it into the distribution channel.  You can still get it on Amazon.

Oh, just found another gem: On Amazon, they announce with great fanfare: "also the first book from Cannon Books to be printed on Tuff-Page tear-resistant paper".  Well, it is the first book Cannon books ever printed.  So that statement is true but meaningless.  Typical Ben.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 11:55:14 PM EDT
[#37]
I get a laugh on there from time to time.Been on there since the begining as well as a few from here.They will complain how cops cant search you or what ever but talk bad about law enforcement you can get banned,all for free speech but say something offensive can get you a ban and so on.

Then you get the ones who claim a loophole that isnt and they will try and tell you how you are wrong for telling them it is not a loophole.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 12:27:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

A: The biggest proponent of "vote for Brown" was Bill Wiese, who is an avowed republican.  And on balance Brown has been good for gun owners (he is one himself, shoots regularly); he has vetoed some of the more outrageous things to come out of the legislature.
View Quote
You mean the sames ones he signed the very next year? Brown is a horrible piece of fucking shit! And I'm not a Republican.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I get a laugh on there from time to time.Been on there since the begining as well as a few from here.They will complain how cops cant search you or what ever but talk bad about law enforcement you can get banned,all for free speech but say something offensive can get you a ban and so on.

Then you get the ones who claim a loophole that isnt and they will try and tell you how you are wrong for telling them it is not a loophole.
View Quote
Funny you mention that-I just got banned for LEO bashing in the thread where a guy posted that his local SO was going to revoke his CCW for putting an AR pistol on it. Cops attitude was basically fuck you you don’t need that.
I said maybe this detective getting ambushed by BLM wouldn’t be so bad-3 day bam.

Fucked up part? All the posters telling the OP he was stupid for provoking the Kings men
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Calguns used to be a great place to sort out the fukery that is CA gun law. In the last few years I only go there to look at the EE and laugh at the stupidity in the GD.
It was a good group at one point in time, with a handful of nutcases. Its 180* off now. The fucked thing, I grew up in RURAL california, and it is full of true conservative republicans. But when LA county has a higher population than most states, and add in shit holes like SF Bay, Stockton, and Sacramento, there is no way the sane can prevail here.
I miss living in Texas. I miss living in Alaska. I almost miss living in Colorado. The golden handcuffs have me here for another decade, then maybe I can extract myself. The wife is interested in buying retirement property, so its a start.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Calguns has not been taken over by a bunch of left wingers as some would like to say.  Instead it is the platform for a very small minority to express their far-reaching views.  If anyone disagrees, then problems arise.  I have to agree with damn near everything that treelogger has said about the site as I have personally experienced much of this.  Keep your views in line with the owner and his small group of minions and all is good.  Express different views, and a ban will be forthcoming.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You mean the sames ones he signed the very next year? Brown is a horrible piece of fucking shit! And I'm not a Republican.
View Quote
Brown is sane for a Democrat, however. Except when it comes to environmental issues.

He's not pro gun by any stretch, unless compared to fellow CA Democrats. Like Kamala Harris.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you want "features" (like a pistol grip), you have to register.  Legally, that means keeping the bullet button (sorry, but it's the law, and those people who actually read and listen saw that coming).  On the other hand, if you don't need features (meaning grip wrap, rimfire, fin, U15 stock, or ...), you don't have to register.  I like both, and have both kinds of AR rifles.
View Quote
No, you can go with a fixed mag and keep the features.

Also I don't think it is 'the law" that you have to keep the BB if you register. It is CADOJ regulation.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The CRPA and Chuck Michel are trying to do a little bit, but the solution is not to beat back anti-gun laws in court (because they are mostly legal and constitutional), but to change hearts and minds.  And that will not be accomplished by lobbing insults at the majority.
View Quote
The reason it is hard to beat back anti-gun laws in courts is that the lower courts, particulary the 9th, are filled with libtard nutcases.

When you consider Heller, McDonald and Miller, the CA AWB is almost certainly unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No, you can go with a fixed mag and keep the features.

Also I don't think it is 'the law" that you have to keep the BB if you register. It is CADOJ regulation.
View Quote
With the fixed mag are you still required to have the BB ? I'd ask on Calguns but don't want to get flamed, lol.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 2:55:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

With the fixed mag are you still required to have the BB ? I'd ask on Calguns but don't want to get flamed, lol.
View Quote
No. It's a fixed mag.

BB was intended to be a fixed mag as well, but they now require you to open the action to remove the mag so BB no longer counts. With the fixed mag I linked you have to open the action to remove the screw holding it in place.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Brown is sane for a Democrat, however. Except when it comes to environmental issues.

He's not pro gun by any stretch, unless compared to fellow CA Democrats. Like Kamala Harris.
View Quote
A piece of shit is a piece of shit is a piece of shit.........
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Someone should tell the guys there that are tired of all the Calguns B.S. to come back here.

Plenty of room here for like minded gun owners, tell the brown supporters to stay there.
View Quote
I've tried to go back a couple of times.  I cannot.  I prefer ARFcom, and the CA hometown forum.  I used to donate to FPC--even was a member last year--but I think I'm done.

I'm a blue collar guy, lower middle-class.  CALguns isn't for me.

When they actively tried to suppress people going to protest at the capitol, they lost me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
With the fixed mag I linked you have to open the action to remove the screw holding it in place.
View Quote
@DonS

Brother, would you mind linking that again?  For the life of me, I can't find your link.  This is the way I'm going with my rifles.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top