Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 3:58:23 PM EDT
My Dad, who has never owned a gun wants to buy a Garand. His father served during WW2, and we still have a lot of his stuff. Even his letter for D Day. His brothers and my Uncles served during the Vietnam War, Navy, Airforce, Army, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.... his only interactions with firearms were when I was a boy scout and they had shooting campouts.

He knows like jack shit about firearms. I tried explaining a lot of this stuff to him, but he can't wrap his head around it.

Can someone suggest some basic reading/ viewing material to help him get a 70%+?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most gun stores have study guides, go in and ask. I think they sell them for about $5, that will help him pass the test
View Quote
Never heard of these study guides but they would definitely help.

We've all obviously passed this test but that said, a good number of the questions are fairly obvious (to me and you all I suppose). I just took the damn test a few months ago and can't remember much other than the minimum age to buy a long gun and/or pistol.

Good luck to your Dad...
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Never heard of these study guides but they would definitely help.

We've all obviously passed this test but that said, a good number of the questions are fairly obvious (to me and you all I suppose). I just took the damn test a few months ago and can't remember much other than the minimum age to buy a long gun and/or pistol.

Good luck to your Dad...
View Quote
Yup, to me the test was easiest thing in the world. I guess he doesn't wan tot waste 25$.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:53:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top