Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2017 8:07:09 PM EDT
Utah resident here.  Can I bring ammo into the state after Jan 1, 2018.  It looks like the law says CA residents?  How about reloading components?

Will you as residents still be able to buy reloading components online without a permit/license?
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
And I suppose coming in as a non resident and buying ammo is out of the question?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Reloading components are still okay

After 1-1-18 you'll require an ammo license to purchase ammo, possibly a limited amount 
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Former California native here,  left the state in 1991. Will it be legal for me to bring ammo in to the state with me to shoot on BLM land?  I know no tracer or AP.  I would be bringing .22lr/9mm/45/300BO. Will be leaving my SBR's and suppressors at home as well as threaded handgun barrels. Will a threaded barrel Ruger American Ranch Rifle be legal?
          Thanks for any replies.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Former California native here,  left the state in 1991. Will it be legal for me to bring ammo in to the state with me to shoot on BLM land?  I know no tracer or AP.  I would be bringing .22lr/9mm/45/300BO. Will be leaving my SBR's and suppressors at home as well as threaded handgun barrels. Will a threaded barrel Ruger American Ranch Rifle be legal?
          Thanks for any replies.
View Quote
I can't find anything that says you can't bring your own ammunition into California.  That might mean my search skills are limited.  However, I think the recent laws apply to new purchases only.  The BLM info I found stated local laws applied.  So that suggests any regulations on ap or tracer would be state or local laws.  Given the weather and fire conditions that are prevalent pretty much all year, I'd think even if legal, AP and tracer use is potentially very hazardous.  Note that the BLM, etc., can issue local closures for hazardous activities and they suggest contacting the land management areas in any area you want to shoot for current updates.  Barrel threading is a pistol related issue, not rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top