Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/31/2010 11:04:48 PM EDT

A friend and I thought we'd head out into the desert sometime soon and spend a night or two under the stars (inc gay jokes).

Would it be a bad idea to bring out one of these?

Camping without cooking over a fire isn't fun, and camping in CA is barely fun as is without driving a few hundred miles out of San Diego.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:16:38 PM EDT
Should be no issue in the desert.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:57:19 PM EDT
Just curious why you'd cart that out there instead of making a ring of rocks and building a fire on the ground?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:12:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LOW2000:
Just curious why you'd cart that out there instead of making a ring of rocks and building a fire on the ground?

Honestly I'm so damn tired of being told that I cant do _whatever_ here in Ca, I figured I'd err on the side of caution.

We can't shoot at Orosco anymore. I can't draw my pistol from my belt/waist to shoot at the local ranges here.

Can't do a whole bunch of shit for the children. It gets old.

I figure if the Borderpatrol/ranger/whoever rolls up and tickets us or hassles us, I have the option of saying, 'its in a fire ring'.

What I'd REALLY like is to clear an area around the fire, and build a pit like you mentioned.

My buddy and I just want to roll out with a pack, rough ti for a few days without having to drive a couple hundred miles out of state, etc.

I've just been told fires aren't allowed, you have to use a light/lamp, etc.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:44:07 PM EDT
You can't have fires in teh state park. BLM land you are ok and the area that you are talking about is GTG.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:33:21 AM EDT
It is both off the ground and contained. The issue would be if there is a temporary restriction on fires in the area you are camping. Dont burn down a forest and you should be just fine.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:55:13 PM EDT

DRhodes I would think it a "no issue" with that container. Actually I would modify that and put a rack of some sort to heat up a pot of coffee.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:37:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2010 6:52:29 AM EDT by Paul]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:05:25 PM EDT
check your IMs
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:19:09 AM EDT
Is that a Nissan Party? lol
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:09:06 PM EDT
Top Top